QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - favorite film
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General favorite film Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Melfina
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.24.05
favorite ghibli filmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Melfina Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

any one want to talk about any thing to do with anything to do with any anime or manga

02.24.2005, 04:28 PM Melfina is offline   Profile for Melfina Add Melfina to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uh, your post is totally not what your titles says.

Meh, i'll follow the title.

Fav anime movie is JinRoh, followed by Spirited Away, then GITS:Innocence.

As much a ghibli fan as i am, the best anime movie isn't from ghibli.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.28.2005, 12:50 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
hawkeyepierce
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hawkeyepierce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

have to go with mononoke, close second akira and jin roh, and nausicaa

03.28.2005, 03:47 PM hawkeyepierce is offline   Profile for hawkeyepierce Add hawkeyepierce to your buddy list Homepage of hawkeyepierce
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe I have no life outside Ghibli . I have watched Oshii's Innocence, but it certainly is not my cup of tea.

My favourites are Kiki, Totoro and Spirited Away.

03.29.2005, 03:08 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Kodama
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.16.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kodama Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To follow everyone else, I'll go along with the title.

Top 5 Movies:

1. Princess Mononoke (Hooked me on Ghibli)
2. Akira (I know not Ghibli, but still an awesome anime-thats why its here)
3. Laputa Castle In The Sky
4. Porco Rosso
5. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Post last edited by Kodama on 04.13.2005, 04:05 PM.

04.07.2005, 03:06 PM Kodama is offline   Profile for Kodama Add Kodama to your buddy list
randorp
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by randorp Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my favs

(1) princess mononoke
(2) howls moving castle
(3) castle in the sky
(4) fullmetal acl
(5)sprited away

07.18.2005, 10:39 PM randorp is offline   Profile for randorp Add randorp to your buddy list Send an Email to randorp Homepage of randorp AIM Screenname: FireFox1012
Yuki Rinehart
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yuki Rinehart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

heres my top 5 films:

1: (not chosen) X.x im not sure what my favorite is but the ones below arent at the very very top of my obbsessions.

2: Howls Moving Castle

3: Mononoke Hime

4: Voices of a Distant Star

5: Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on heavens door

07.19.2005, 01:06 AM Yuki Rinehart is offline   Profile for Yuki Rinehart Add Yuki Rinehart to your buddy list Send an Email to Yuki Rinehart Add Yuki Rinehart to your contact list AIM Screenname: YukiRinehart YIM Screenname: YukiRinehart
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my fav anime surprisingly isnt ghibli ^^;;
Kare Kano, for it's nice combo of comedy and drama

07.19.2005, 01:53 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Yuki Rinehart
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yuki Rinehart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO
my fav anime surprisingly isnt ghibli ^^;;
Kare Kano, for it's nice combo of comedy and drama

I lurve kare kano too ^^ but its not ranked in my top 10

07.19.2005, 11:38 AM Yuki Rinehart is offline   Profile for Yuki Rinehart Add Yuki Rinehart to your buddy list Send an Email to Yuki Rinehart Add Yuki Rinehart to your contact list AIM Screenname: YukiRinehart YIM Screenname: YukiRinehart
cory
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.03.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by cory Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

after seeing the trailer for howls moving castle, im gonna have to say its my favourite anime movie =P

1)- howls moving castle
2)- princess mononoke
3)- castle in the sky

Post last edited by cory on 09.03.2005, 03:17 PM.

09.03.2005, 03:16 PM cory is offline   Profile for cory Add cory to your buddy list
project2501
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.16.05
  hi forum membersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when all members list their favorite movies here, i can't miss

Here is my top 6 of Animes

1: Ghost in the Shell
2: Akira
3: Howl's Moving Castle
4: Mononoke Hime
5: Spirited Away
6: Jin-Roh
(when i see more Ghibli movies this list will increase)

and here my top 9 of mangas

1: Record Of Lodoss War
2: Love Hina
3: Hellsing
4: Kenshin
5: Blade Of The Immortel
6: She, the ultimate weapon
7: Shaman King
8: Magister Negi Magi
9: Angel Sanctuary

bye bye

09.12.2005, 01:44 PM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
Goddess Nayru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Goddess Nayru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From only Miyazaki films....

1) The Cat Returns
2) Princess Mononoke
3) Spirited Away
4) Steamboy
5) Kiki's Delivery Service
Those are the top 5 that I liked.

Evil Enough For You?

09.18.2005, 09:49 PM Goddess Nayru is offline   Profile for Goddess Nayru Add Goddess Nayru to your buddy list
balse
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.24.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by balse Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i <3 all of miyazaki's movies!! uum... favourite-wise, my top 5 are probably something close to the order of...

1) mononoke
2) howl's moving castle
3) Nausicaa
3.5) the cat returns (not technically miyazaki)
4) Kiki's deliv.
5) castle in the sky

but it's all so close it's hard to say. i love movies that aren't miyazaki's too, the above arent my favs of all time, just my favourite miyazakis.

ive also cosplayed as kiki, chihiro, sheeta, & this year im going to be sophie!

09.25.2005, 01:53 AM balse is offline   Profile for balse Add balse to your buddy list Homepage of balse
Kazuya
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.10.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazuya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

d one's i like is...

1) spirited away (it's nice but... no ending)

2) the cat returns

3)kiki

4)totoro

5)princess mononoke

:)

12.30.2005, 08:56 PM Kazuya is offline   Profile for Kazuya Add Kazuya to your buddy list
hakito
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.30.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hakito Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My top movies are mostly Ghibli's films (in no particular order)
* Porco Rosso,
* Laputa: Castle in the sky,
* Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (I recently read the manga and it's more detailed and long than the anime, it should be read after seing the movie),
* Grave of the fireflies,
* The boy who saw the wind, &
* Like the cloud, like the wind (though I just remember that I liked it when I saw it)
- and I want to see Only Yesterday and Jin-Roh

There's another one (not sure if it's Ghibli's or not) but I don't remember what's called; I only remember an antiques store, a girl and a boy who makes (& plays) violins (and the piano?)
I also remember some scenes from other movie regarding a child that could produce water with some kind of pendant (talk about bad memory)

I don't add an anime series (or manga) list 'cause this post would be way too large

Post last edited by hakito on 01.02.2006, 03:26 AM.

01.02.2006, 03:03 AM hakito is offline   Profile for hakito Add hakito to your buddy list Send an Email to hakito
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

th best animes according 2 me is
nuasucca (i think i spelt it wrong)
vampire hunter d
kikis delivery service

problem is we dont get much anime out here

01.03.2006, 10:12 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hakito
There's another one (not sure if it's Ghibli's or not) but I don't remember what's called; I only remember an antiques store, a girl and a boy who makes (& plays) violins (and the piano?)
I also remember some scenes from other movie regarding a child that could produce water with some kind of pendant (talk about bad memory)

The first one is most probably the Ghibli movie of "Whisper of the Heart," which will soon be released on R1 DVDs. No idea on what the other movie is, though.

01.03.2006, 02:42 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen all but 3 Ghibli films. Fav's are...
In no general order but...
Hauru no Ugoku Shiro, Nausicaa, Mononoke Hime, Cat Returns, Tonari no Totoro, and the rest of studio ghibli's films. The Jin-Roh, Innocence, Blood: The Last Vampire (manga entertainment, 45 mins long). All of which I own, I love my collection.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.15.2006, 02:07 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mines has to be:

Princess mononoke
nausicaa of the valley of the wind
Final fantasy: advent children
Spirited away
Howls moving castle
neon genesis evangelion: death and rebirth/ end of evangelion
akira

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

03.15.2006, 11:12 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Tresi
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1.Spirited away
2.The cat returns
3.princess mononoke (I love wolves ^^)
4Howl´s moving castle
5.My neighbor Totoro

03.15.2006, 04:13 PM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks