QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Information on Joe Hisaishi
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Information on Joe Hisaishi » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.07.09
  Information on Joe HisaishiPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by satoshi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I will start off by saying that Joe is responsible for most of the amazing, heartwarming, tear jerking, songs for ghibli films as most if not all of you know. Aside from nausicaa.net and joehisaishi.com, does anyone know of a site or way I can keep tabs on him? I am trying to set up a trip revolving around seeing one of his performances before i die! which may or may not be long from now.

I mean who of you wouldn't want to see something like this: Youtube of concert

Thanks for any goodies of info in advance.

01.07.2009, 05:58 PM satoshi is offline   Profile for satoshi Add satoshi to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been making several arrangement of Hisaishi's music (Ghibli, almost exclusively) for classical guitar.
You can find the videos at my youtube channel .
And the scores/tabs are available in my page.

01.08.2009, 04:16 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Joe Hisaishi is Amazing i just watched all the parts of thoses videos, i also did my music report on him last year

i found a orchastra i like

01.08.2009, 05:07 PM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm im not going to be any help here.

But your absolutely right. Who wouldn't want to ? I've wanted to see him perform ever since i saw a youtube video for "Summer" simply brilliant.

And i don't mean to sound obnoxious or be a pest. but satoshi, you said you would like to see him before you die. From most peoples cases on this forum it would be before HE dies, any reason for your choice of words. Or am i just thinking too much

EDIT: this thread got me looking around on the web, and this piece in-particular caught my attention Oriental Wind

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 01.12.2009, 01:20 AM.

01.12.2009, 01:13 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
satoshi
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.07.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by satoshi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah yes i suppose your right moro, I'll just have to double my efforts. and oriental wind is amazing isn't it? everything that guy puts out is amazing! I've watched those videos on youtube over and over and it just makes me want to go see him in person more and more. I'll keep my eyes peeled and continue the search.

on the www.joehisaishi.com website i found that if you go to the concerts tab there's info but its all in Japanese. I wish I had paid more attention in my kindergarten Japanese class. haha.

o and i recently found a Myspace of his or made by a fan of his I'm not certain but those of you with a myspace may find it interesting. also one for the new japan philharmonic .

01.14.2009, 03:05 PM satoshi is offline   Profile for satoshi Add satoshi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

don't most browsers now-a-days have a feature where they can translate other languages, even those with totally different symbols? (like Japanese)

Well im sure you'll make it to one of his concerts !

oh... would ticketmaster or another website like that have any of his shows on it?? i would imagine you could find something.

Well once you go (which i really hope you do) be sure to come back on and let us all know how it is

01.15.2009, 07:57 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks