QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whats your Favorite anime style
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Whats your Favorite anime style » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Whats your favorite anime type(theme)
Romance 5 71.43%
Thriller 0 0.00%
Drama 0 0.00%
Horror 0 0.00%
Sci-Fi 0 0.00%
Sentai 0 0.00%
Shonen 0 0.00%
Shojo 2 28.57%
Josei 0 0.00%
Kodomo 0 0.00%
Total: 7 Votes 100%

Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah... more reverse-harem romcom I'd say. And thanks ^^.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.19.2009, 10:35 PM.

02.19.2009, 10:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.11.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What?

02.19.2009, 10:35 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, I was replying to your comment about it not being action

My Anime List

02.19.2009, 10:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrisss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh 1 question have you seen the anime darker than black

02.19.2009, 10:36 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
@Kaz, you know, im not really sure, its just the away it was set up or something. I watched about half the first ep and couldnt get into it, all the shinyiness and bishies just turned me off to it. I guess that is my excuse however bad it is.

Lol, fair enough. I think I can understand that actually, I'd say it's probably very girl-orientated... fangirl-orientated to be exact.

Exactly, unfortunately the same fangirl oriented things dont work on all guys. I might try it again later at some point because it has received good reviews around here so Ill take that into account for sure.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.19.2009, 10:36 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

im not a girl though

02.19.2009, 10:37 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

@ Chrisss - I haven't yet, no.

@ Miy - yeah you might as well, even if you null the attraction of the bishies and... shinyness... it's still good just for the comedy aspects.

My Anime List

02.19.2009, 10:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Chrisss
Calcifer

ya I think you would like darker than black its kinda sci-fi not really horror but there is a plot you cant find it at first though

02.19.2009, 10:40 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Chrisss
Calcifer

when i told my friend harley who was watching d-gray man at the time about host club he stopped watching d-gray man at first got too episode 6 and he didnt get the plot and kept watching until he really liked it

02.19.2009, 10:42 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like an Anime with a mixture not just one

like FLCL definitely one of my faves!

02.20.2009, 04:36 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, OK...remember that I'm the old guy here and not all that familiar with some of the terms used...

yaoi?

yure?

bishies, I figured out from the other posts in AiG...

02.20.2009, 03:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, man... *this is slightly awkward ._.*

Yaoi is... well... I'll just give the Wikipedia definition. "Yaoi is a popular term for fictional media that focuses on homosexual male relationships, yet is generally created by and for females.". Yeah... and yuri is just the same thing in reverse, i.e. with girls...

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.20.2009, 07:23 PM.

02.20.2009, 07:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its actually quite interesting to watch some of these shows and see the portrayal of the characters and what emotions the writer think the situations call for. Ive been enjoying some Marimite and Strawberry Panic, both yuri and they are almost polar opposites when it comes to dealing with the characters and their actions. Strawberry Panic is much more liberal and seemingly unrealistic to the point of a reverse, female centric harem, while Marimite is more of a character driven drama that focuses on the smaller relationship bits. Its nice to watch a bit of everything now and again.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.20.2009, 07:39 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

whats your quote picture from Miyrru

02.20.2009, 11:57 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

@Chris, the girls in my sig are from Zettai Karen Children. They are basically a special ESPer squad in Japan and they are set doing all kinds of missions, it is kinda and action comedy that has some serious stuff going on sometimes, but for the most part it is just good fun. Aoi (glass on the right) is by far the best of the three.

Click for Gallery^^

02.21.2009, 12:09 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chrisss
Calcifer

hmm il need to watch it

02.21.2009, 07:57 PM Chrisss is offline   Profile for Chrisss Add Chrisss to your buddy list Homepage of Chrisss
Roxas_Someone
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roxas_Someone Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone...I just joined...Im chrisss's friend in real life....im basicly youe average Otaku!

02.21.2009, 08:03 PM Roxas_Someone is offline   Profile for Roxas_Someone Add Roxas_Someone to your buddy list Homepage of Roxas_Someone
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hi there! A Kingdom Hearts fan by any chance??

My Anime List

02.21.2009, 08:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roxas_Someone
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roxas_Someone Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you know it!

02.21.2009, 08:18 PM Roxas_Someone is offline   Profile for Roxas_Someone Add Roxas_Someone to your buddy list Homepage of Roxas_Someone
Roxas_Someone
Susuwatari

Heres a Ouran Yaoi in ebay O.o.....mori x Hunny-kun (LOL)...probably one of the wierder yaois..looks fan-made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ouran-High-School-Ho...%3A2%7C294%3A50

02.21.2009, 08:32 PM Roxas_Someone is offline   Profile for Roxas_Someone Add Roxas_Someone to your buddy list Homepage of Roxas_Someone
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks