QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - If You Think You Can Take Good Pictures
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » If You Think You Can Take Good Pictures » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.14.07
If You Think You Can Take Good PicturesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jigsaw jr. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Put the photos on this page.
No profesional work, Please!

04.17.2009, 04:05 PM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Went to the beach yesterday, took these tow pics:

04.18.2009, 06:24 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice photos, but where are the holiday-makers?

04.18.2009, 04:27 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Depends on the location. There are thousands of better beaches that are equally empty.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.19.2009, 12:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love places like that beach. Though I'm not a big fan of the sea, it still looks so peaceful and I'd love to go there

EDIT: I just remembered these pictures I took when I went to stay in Brighton last week.

These pictures are of the old west pier. It was built in 1866 and closed in 1975 due to storm damage. Since then it has gradually collapsed and in March 2003 it was set on fire just after plans had been made to restore it. This is the only part of it that is left standing.

I do have much larger versions of these pictures, if anyone would like to see them

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 04.19.2009, 08:51 AM.

04.19.2009, 08:41 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice pics...

The bottom one has a Ghibli sky...

Where?

04.19.2009, 08:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Brighton, I'd imagine, unless a truly amazing telescopic lens was used. And the comment about the Ghibli skies made me think JRR's have Shinkai skies...

04.19.2009, 08:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OOPS! My bad!
I hadn't seen Ayami's pics and I was commenting on JRR's lower pic
----------------------------------
Ayami, I like the contrast between the remains of the pier and the sea... beautiful!
---------------------------------
Not real good, but here is one I took Friday of a coyote walking by about 40 yards away from me.

--------------------------------

I call this one 'Recling Woman, on side'...
------------------------------------

and this, 'Face of Man'
--------------------------------------
I am going to have to remove the date stamp from my camera, it ruins the effect.

The bottom pics were taken in the Winchester area of California as I was driving along on the Domenigoni Road. There were on opposite sides of the road.

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2009, 09:24 AM.

04.19.2009, 09:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ayami's reminded me of HMC's opening scene, when the caste was trudging through the fog.

Very nice.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.19.2009, 11:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Her last one kinda makes me think of the train scene in Spirited Away; it looks a bit like a train track going off into the water.

04.19.2009, 11:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ive never thought of either of those before, but now you mention it it does make sense

04.19.2009, 12:48 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Kinda like an elongated horse jumping over the San jacinto Mountains...

fCloud flowers blooming against the upper striations...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.06.2009, 12:13 AM.

05.06.2009, 12:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Husky, the first one looks like Concorde!!

Clicky

05.06.2009, 03:47 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
matthew.
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by matthew. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I <3 Italy!

05.06.2009, 04:47 PM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@ turnip...Yeah, it does a bit, doesn't it....

-----------------------------------

@Matthew

Very nice, I love the blue-ishness... with the lights

That boat in the foreground is about the size I used to sail out of the Navy boat harbor on Lake Michigan...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.06.2009, 06:39 PM.

05.06.2009, 06:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
matthew.
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by matthew. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats Wicked they are awesome little boats!
Yeah it didnt look that great when i first took it on the little LCD screen but once i put it on PC i was like WOW!
its bootiful!
=]

05.07.2009, 01:55 PM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't take it since i'm in it (looking dishevelled on the far left, oh dear) but this is where I went for my geography trip and I just felt I should share it. Who says England isn't beautiful?

05.18.2009, 03:34 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
matthew.
Tanuki

Nausicaa cat!? where abouts is that!?

05.18.2009, 04:16 PM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
DreamSequencer
Warawara

Registration Date: 04.22.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DreamSequencer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

England sure is a beautiful place.
Not as good as Ireland, though

05.18.2009, 05:42 PM DreamSequencer is offline   Profile for DreamSequencer Add DreamSequencer to your buddy list Homepage of DreamSequencer
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its near eastbourne in sussex in the background is the sea, at the beach (inventively named) Beachy Head.

05.19.2009, 08:24 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks