QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - UP
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » UP » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  UPPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Up! That new Pixar film!

Anyone seen it yet? Any thoughts?

Yeah, this is just a thread where peoples can post stuff about 'Up'. Like the 'WALL-E' thread.

It's gotten a lot of glowing reviews, at least the ones I've read... Tavern peoples, post your thoughts!

Couldn't resist putting up a poster pic! The idea of a house flying by balloons is a pretty cool and interesting one!

Post last edited by animekittynya on 05.30.2009, 12:41 AM.

05.30.2009, 12:37 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

IIIII SAAAAWWWW IITTTT!!!
In 3D, too! That theater near my house finally got 3D!!
It was really good! I liked it much better than 'Cars'!
.......I cried. During the first 10 minutes. I cried. Out loud. In the theater. It was embarrassing... But I couldnt help it! It was saaaadddddd!!! ^^; I dont know what's wrong with me today...I almost never cry during movies. But it was so sweet and sad! I'm not gonna give anything away... Just go see the movie.
The movie was funny and sad and touching all at the same time! GO SEE IT NOOWWWW!!!

05.30.2009, 06:20 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really want to see this because it sounds so cute..but it's not coming to the UK until OCTOBER...why does it take so long? I can fly to the US in a couple of hours, yet it takes 5 months for a film to come over here...

Clicky

Post last edited by turniphead1 on 05.30.2009, 07:14 PM.

05.30.2009, 07:02 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@turnip
Awww, sorry you cant see it! DX

Soooo....anyone else seen it?

06.12.2009, 10:55 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really want to see it, and hope to see it soon. I'll edit when I get the chance.

06.13.2009, 12:51 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw it. In 2D (I won't ever be convinced that 3D isn't just a gimmick). Of course, I'm a Pixar fan, so I enjoyed it because it delivered tons of Pixar goodness. That being said, I think it creeped a bit too much into "generic kids movie" territory. Talking dogs riding airplanes is something I hoped not to see in a Pixar film, they always seemed more creative and imaginative than that.

That begin said, it was a good film, but not one of their best. The first couple of minutes were brilliant and it occasionally maintained that throughout.

06.13.2009, 01:34 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i saw it in 3D, one word.. AMAZING!!!

loved it, the 3D wasn't really worth it, but man, the film and the cloud short thing were totally awesome !!!

06.13.2009, 10:51 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
reinvaldez
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.14.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reinvaldez Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love this movie. Really so excited to see it in our country.
Thanks so much.

06.17.2009, 01:48 AM reinvaldez is offline   Profile for reinvaldez Add reinvaldez to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
I think it creeped a bit too much into "generic kids movie" territory. Talking dogs riding airplanes is something I hoped not to see in a Pixar film, they always seemed more creative and imaginative than that.

That begin said, it was a good film, but not one of their best. The first couple of minutes were brilliant and it occasionally maintained that throughout.

I pretty much agree with all of that, although I thought it was great until they got to Paradise Falls. The talking dogs were a bad idea. Still a good movie.

06.17.2009, 08:24 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw it! It was very good! Though, the talking dogs weren't necessary. I loved the part when....nevermind I shouldn't give to much away.

Check out my music:

06.17.2009, 03:12 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh! I cried in the beginning too! Haha. I'm so weird. xD

But I kinda thought that it was fantastic. The dogs kinda got a bit annoying sometimes, and the entire air plane thing was a bit disappointing, but other than that, I kinda loved it.

06.18.2009, 03:45 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just saw it this last Sunday and, barring the above mentioned parts (dogs, etc) I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would...

Yay, Pixar...

07.08.2009, 01:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks