QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - finished watchi
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » finished watchi » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
ia176
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.18.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ia176 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by oldwrench
Well ia176, there are some anime that come to a nice conclusion, many of the Ghibli works do., but many of the series are taken from series of manga that continue the story beyond the anime. Often there are some hopes of another season of the anime, so they leave some things open. A lot of movies are like that, they hope to continue with a sequel.
Want an anime with a very nice conclusion, try Tokyo Godfathers. No, it isn't about the mafia..... or yakuza, it's about three homeless people who find a baby in the trash on Christmas Eve. It's a very humorous and very touching story.

Haibane Renmei is an interesting anime in that it was never intended to come to a conclusion, and is supposed to leave you with questions to be thought over and reach your own conclusions. It's interesting that ABe didn't have a story thought out when he started the anime, he just had a character and a starting point, he made up each chapter as he went along.

Questions like: Who are the Haibane? They aren't angels. Why are they in the enclosed city, what is their sin? Some have suggested the city is something like purgatory, and the Haibane are people who committed suicide...... but then, what of the small children? Who are the people who inhabit the city with the Haibane, and why can't they leave the city? What is beyond the walls? There are people who spend lots of time discussing these and other questions.

Hi oldwrench,

Thank you for the reply, You are so right i was thinking the same questions all the time while watching the show "Haibane Renmei" in fact it was your recommendation and it was a good one too, thank you for that. The info you shared really amazes me. I did not know that about the creator.

the whole show was extremely well made, I will try Tokyo Godfathers. Oh i cant wight till my exam ends

Post last edited by ia176 on 08.04.2009, 05:55 PM.

08.04.2009, 05:51 PM ia176 is offline   Profile for ia176 Add ia176 to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks