QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I lost my little boy (the last project of Miyazaki?)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions I lost my little boy (the last project of Miyazaki?) Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by liuying
Wow jiji good on you. That’s like a whole essay there. Yeah you are right, keep a clear mind. Your analysis is quite reasonable. But fingers cross? Me have already lost my confidence on this la.

Don't be so disillusioned la

Even if the whole thing turns out to be a belated April Fool's joke, the Miyazaki film project itself will still continue to go on, just that the story will be an original work or an adaptation of other novels.

In the last month, Producer Suzuki announced that three film projects have been going on: one by Miyazaki, one by Takahata, and one by a new director. These projects alone worth us to keep our fingers crossed.

04.15.2005, 11:59 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Azhur
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa.net:

Miyazaki's Next Project
Mr. Suzuki talked on a NHK program the other day. In it, he said that he wants next Miyazaki film to be for grandchildren. He wants the film to be enjoyed by Totoro's audience, small children, and he said that Miyazaki-San agrees with him. It didn't sound as if it was set in a stone, so it is possible that we would see totally different kind of film in the end.

Hmm.. ILMLB is described from a childish kind of perspective, so this report doesn't really change my doubts to one way or another.

Post last edited by Azhur on 05.11.2005, 05:22 AM.

05.11.2005, 05:06 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Azhur
Nausicaa.net:

Miyazaki's Next Project
Mr. Suzuki talked on a NHK program the other day. In it, he said that he wants next Miyazaki film to be for grandchildren. He wants the film to be enjoyed by Totoro's audience, small children, and he said that Miyazaki-San agrees with him. It didn't sound as if it was set in a stone, so it is possible that we would see totally different kind of film in the end.

Hmm.. ILMLB is described from a childish kind of perspective, so this report doesn't really change my doubts to one way or another.

The same for me. Interesting that all the waves of news about ILMLB and its said-to-be project with Miyazaki suddenly stopped a month ago, and nothing about it has been heard of since then.

05.11.2005, 06:11 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe Miyazaki's next project will be "Boro the Caterpillar". He couldn't decide whether to make "Boro" or "Mononoke" at the time.

05.17.2005, 03:37 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Originally posted by OYM Angel
Maybe Miyazaki's next project will be "Boro the Caterpillar". He couldn't decide whether to make "Boro" or "Mononoke" at the time.

The idea that pops into my head sounds really, really Disney-esque and reminds me of "The Bug's Life," "AntZ," and even a kindergarten ladybug cartoon that I cannot name. But anyway I am very much looking forward to anything that comes out from Miyazaki's hands.

05.18.2005, 06:40 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*bump*

Does anyone still think that someone at Studio Ghibli should adapt this novel after Gedo Senki is completed?

My choice list of candidates are in this order:

Isao Takahata
Hiroyuki Morita
Kitarou Kosaka
Osamu Tanabe

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

12.16.2005, 09:53 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks