QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Death Note
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Death Note » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Also, it was last posted in last year.

07.30.2013, 03:46 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In terms of money, what's cheaper for you? I found the manga for about $2.50 per volume at the used bookstore; at twelve volumes that's $30, which is probably comparable to the cost of the anime. I found later that my library has the complete set of the Death Note manga, so that would have been free. Purchasing it new from a book store is much pricier; $5.00-$10.00 per volume is common. The price of the animated version probably depends a lot on how you obtain it as well...

07.30.2013, 12:24 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
The price of the animated version probably depends a lot on how you obtain it as well...

hahaha if you know what i mean

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.30.2013, 12:40 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
In terms of money, what's cheaper for you? I found the manga for about $2.50 per volume at the used bookstore; at twelve volumes that's $30, which is probably comparable to the cost of the anime. I found later that my library has the complete set of the Death Note manga, so that would have been free. Purchasing it new from a book store is much pricier; $5.00-$10.00 per volume is common. The price of the animated version probably depends a lot on how you obtain it as well...

Yeah, they are £10 each so like $14, for the Manga's I could get them for cheaper on eBay or Amazon.

The anime, I'd buy from Amazon or eBay, obviously as they are the two main places. I'd by the Anime, on DVD, I have seen a boxset of the Anime for around £35.

07.30.2013, 01:55 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Suzana
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.13.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Suzana Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't read the manga though but i really liked the anime, it was perfect and the scenario was really smart.
I suggest you to watch it, totally worthwhile

08.13.2013, 12:49 PM Suzana is offline   Profile for Suzana Add Suzana to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks