QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What book(s) are you reading right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I read Doctor Faustus and rather enjoyed it. Now to read more stuff... I wouldn't mind if it didn't have to be done within such a short space of time.

02.19.2011, 02:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had to take out several books from the library today for my History essay. So right now I'm perusing... A History of Modern Hungary 1867-1986. And then I'll be reading up on Ukraine and Russia. Fun.

03.02.2011, 04:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Marble Range" by Robert J. Horton who lived from 1881-1934. This is a western novel and pretty good....

03.03.2011, 01:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins and fortunately, I'm almost done with it.

The book is okay, but it isn't fantastic. It's interesting, but... Ehh. I dunno. There are better books out there, I think.

The only reason I'm reading it is this:
http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/.../essayhome.html

03.03.2011, 07:58 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells on my kindle!!!!

03.04.2011, 11:14 AM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished For One More Day - Mitch Albom... it's ok.

03.04.2011, 12:30 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Reality Dysfunction by Peter Hamilton

03.04.2011, 03:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've got copies of both of the "Kiki" books, before and after Ghibli movie. I enjoyed the shorts in the old book...

In fact, I have two copies of the hardback 'after' with the Ghibli pics in it and I think that I'll donate it to the library...

'The Blackfoot Trail' by Charles G. West

definitely not in the L'Amour catagory. seemed to mix the 'mountainman' genre with a more modern time with telegraphs and Winchesters...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
while at the libeary today, I found tha they have recently gotten a copy of "Howl's Moving Castle" by Diana Wynne Jones which I am now reading... So different, but similar to the movie, if that makes any sense...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.15.2011, 02:04 AM.

03.14.2011, 11:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm nearing the end of "Many Waters", the last book of the Time Quartet series (aka A Wrinkle in Time) by Madeleine L'Engle. It's surprisingly good, but I don't think I like it more than the previous books.

03.16.2011, 07:17 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Still The Moonstone. IT NEVER ENDS.

03.16.2011, 07:45 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

an Ed McBain book of short stories that he wrote under different pseudonyms back in the 50's and 60's for magazines like Manhunt and Argosy and others...

03.17.2011, 08:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Romance by Ed McBain

03.19.2011, 04:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Other America - Poverty in the U.S. by Michael Harrington

03.23.2011, 12:35 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I want to be reading The BFG by Roald Dahl pretty soon. (A big fan of his!)

03.23.2011, 04:09 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
aluka
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.29.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aluka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm reading Catcher in the rye

03.24.2011, 06:11 AM aluka is offline   Profile for aluka Add aluka to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Kiowa Trail by Louis LaAmour...

03.25.2011, 09:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Biostatistics: a foundation for analysis in the health science.

Oh joy.

Need some YA to take make my mind non-mushy.

03.26.2011, 09:15 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished Kiowa Trail, read "Underground Classics: the Transformation of Comics to Comix" then read vols 3-6 of Ikigami manga then The Lonely Men also by Louis L'Amour... as well as watching 4 eps of VOL1 of Mahoromatic...

I had one lazy day for reading... I even made a visit to the library here in town and picked up a Jack London volume of short stories...

I am one reading fool.... lol

03.27.2011, 02:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Trash by Andy Mulligan.

It's really really good.

03.28.2011, 05:20 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone here read anything by Haruki Murakami? I'm interested but I don't know where I should start.

03.28.2011, 07:34 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks