QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What book(s) are you reading right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  25  26  27  28  29  30    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's interesting to hear. But one thing I seem to remember is that Miyazaki's film isn't being described as a straightforward adaptation. I think there was something about the book itself appearing in the film as a plot point.

01.31.2022, 08:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That would make more sense to me... We'll see how it goes, still might not finish the reading until later, tho... When trailers come out, maybe...

01.31.2022, 12:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Impressionville
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.01.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Impressionville Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i am not reading any book yet.

02.02.2022, 02:07 AM Impressionville is offline   Profile for Impressionville Add Impressionville to your buddy list
Impressionville
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Impressionville Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

suggest me a good one.

02.04.2022, 06:48 AM Impressionville is offline   Profile for Impressionville Add Impressionville to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Impressionville

There are so many manga and other books out there, I think that the best thing might be to scroll back through the previous posts in this thread and see what others have posted...

"Mushashi", "Kiss Me, Kill Me", "Chobits", "Train Man", "Wish", "Cross Game" are some of the manga that I have...

"When Marnie was There" is a novel that I enjoyed.

As for non-fiction, I liked reading Hayao Miyazaki's "Starting Point 1979-1996" and "Turning Point 1997-2008"...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.04.2022, 01:00 PM.

02.04.2022, 12:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Impressionville
Susuwatari

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Welcome to the Tavern, Impressionville

There are so many manga and other books out there, I think that the best thing might be to scroll back through the previous posts in this thread and see what others have posted...

"Mushashi", "Kiss Me, Kill Me", "Chobits", "Train Man", "Wish", "Cross Game" are some of the manga that I have...

"When Marnie was There" is a novel that I enjoyed.

As for non-fiction, I liked reading Hayao Miyazaki's "Starting Point 1979-1996" and "Turning Point 1997-2008"...

thanks for sharing your opinon

02.07.2022, 07:44 AM Impressionville is offline   Profile for Impressionville Add Impressionville to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I recently preordered Studio Ghibli: The Complete Works, and it arrived today! I look forward to having some time to give it a good look through. I also got Shuna's Journey a little while ago so I should read it too.

12.10.2022, 03:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I have also ordered Studio Ghibli: The Complete Works and it will arrive sometime in January and Shuna's Journey is expected tomorrow...

12.11.2022, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I read "Shuna's Journey" this afternoon and although it is an easy read, thoroughly enjoyable... and I like the narrative in the back (lol, front) of the book...

12.13.2022, 09:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Glad to hear you liked it! I think I might get around to it some time around Christmas and New Year.

12.16.2022, 04:44 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
toriforiumu
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.23
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by toriforiumu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im reading Norwegian Wood by Murakami, and The stranger by albert camus!

05.30.2023, 02:49 PM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Norwegian Wood! Its a wonderful book.

06.04.2023, 10:53 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
toriforiumu
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by toriforiumu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its so beautifully written.. One of my favorite books ive read so far, Murakami has a way with creating settings and immersing the reader in it!

06.07.2023, 10:15 AM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
husky51
The Old Guy

Reading "My People the Sioux" by Luther Standing Bear... His autobiography first printed in 1928...

06.07.2023, 08:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wheel of time. Can't believe I haven't read it till now actually.

07.19.2023, 02:02 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Reading a book titled "No Life for A Lady" A series of vignette's about how a woman survived on a cattle ranch in the late 1800's... The different things they did, both young and grown and the things they did beyond cleaning house, cooking, etc... In rural (well, everywhere was rural in New Mexico back then... lol)...

07.19.2023, 02:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Read some chapters of a compilation of Louis L'Amour short stories...

09.04.2023, 10:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finishing up Crime and Punishment. Really dark book but really good too. The way the author describes peoples psychology is some of the most striking and realistic I've ever read.

Highly recommended, but then again that's why it's a classic I guess.

09.12.2023, 01:14 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Reading a book of Louis L'Amour short stories...

09.12.2023, 07:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
toriforiumu
Kodama

I like crime and punishment, I haven't finished it yet but so far its really good! I'm currently reading the crucible for an assignment in school lol

09.13.2023, 11:47 PM toriforiumu is offline   Profile for toriforiumu Add toriforiumu to your buddy list AIM Screenname: miu YIM Screenname: miu
[  «    ...  25  26  27  28  29  30    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks