QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What book(s) are you reading right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An Occasional Hell" by Randall Silvers...

unusual mystery novel...

06.19.2010, 10:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magicians Nephew.

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

06.22.2010, 04:30 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Straight by Dick Francis

06.22.2010, 09:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm now reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

06.23.2010, 08:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

The Sacketts; vol 5 by Louis L'Amour

07.04.2010, 02:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gossip of the Starlings by Nina de Gramont.

I dunno if I'm going to finish it though... It tells you that it's headed badly and I don't wanna get attached to the characters only to lose them. D:

07.04.2010, 03:16 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. I kept seeing people reading her stuff on the train and curiosity got the better of me. Not sure what I think yet.

07.06.2010, 02:33 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Vahalla Rising by Clive Cussler

07.06.2010, 09:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Prince Caspian.

I so far (and I just started reading Prince Caspian) The Horse and His Boy is my favorite

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.

07.07.2010, 06:31 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

Ah, I just got this. It's so popular, looking forward to reading it.

07.08.2010, 12:46 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
quote:

It's really good! Quite slow to start, but it turns into a real page-turner. In a good way.

07.08.2010, 04:32 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
matthew.
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by matthew. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have just finished "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman for the 3rd time!

Best Series EVER!!!

Now i'm on "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" by Douglas Adams

07.09.2010, 04:56 AM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rereading "Tuesdays With Morrie" - Mitch Albom
My favorite book of all time! I learned a lot from it.

07.09.2010, 06:17 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by matthew.
Now i'm on "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" by Douglas Adams

Such an awesome book!

@Arren: I'm really liking it, actually. I don't mind the slowness since it's going somewhere. xD

07.09.2010, 10:32 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by matthew.
I have just finished "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman for the 3rd time!

Best Series EVER!!!

High five!

07.10.2010, 03:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I always thought the series went downhill about halfway through the second book. The plot starts getting burdened by all of Pullman's arguments against religion. And this is coming from an atheist.

The first book is truly wonderful though.

And yes, Hitchhiker's Guide is awesome.

07.10.2010, 09:36 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's really good! Quite slow to start, but it turns into a real page-turner. In a good way.

I tried it, but for some reason I just could not get into it. I gave it awhile but I just didn't like it, I think it might simply have been that it isn't my kind of genre.

I am currently reading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, which is hardly a 'summer read' but i'm determined to get through it. It's good in it's way, I find Russian culture very interesting, but I think Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky had more depth.

07.10.2010, 01:20 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
quote:
quote:
quote:

I tried it, but for some reason I just could not get into it. I gave it awhile but I just didn't like it, I think it might simply have been that it isn't my kind of genre.

I dunno, I'm not into crime fiction either. And my mum definitely isn't, but she was the one who recommended it to me.

And Orphic: I've heard people say that, and I do understand, but I never found it to be a problem.

07.10.2010, 02:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

reading a novel called "Atlantis", but I don't recall the author offhand.

Looking forward to reading"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" myself... read a promo on it and it sounds interesting...

07.10.2010, 08:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dragon Tears - Dean Koontz

I've read 2 of his books... they're awesome! Suspense/thriller
they keep me interested from start to end!

Post last edited by jusomekid on 07.13.2010, 12:17 AM.

07.13.2010, 12:16 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks