QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What do you want to know of the person below you?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What do you want to know of the person below you? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I did the whole on-the-knees-will-you-marry-me bit, but with a kind of a twist...

We had a date set, a preacher and chapel arranged for and the reception and food planned when I had a thought...

I said to my future bride something along the lines of,

"Uh, wait a minute... Did I ever ask you to marry me?"

and she had to think about it before she answered...

"No, I don't think so...."

And so began 27 yrs of marriage...
------------------------------------------------

What amusement park would you like to visit?

07.06.2010, 10:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cedar Point. Roller coasters!!!

If you were to embark on an adventure, who would be a part of your expedition (doesn't necessarily have to be people you know)?

07.07.2010, 01:08 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would probably just pick my four funnest friends. So it would be a fun, epic voyage.

When was the last time you cried and the last time you laughed yourself to tears?

07.07.2010, 08:30 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pretty recently and no idea, respectively.

If you can't see somebody in person, what would be your preferred means of communicating with them?

07.07.2010, 10:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Scratches head* Kinda depends, really. But I'm asuming you're referring to a loved one, cuz I sure ain't gona travel a thousand miles to talk to a colleague.

Call me old fashioned, but unless it was for something totally unromantic, I'd probably send a letter on express mail. I'm already thinking of a letter design for a close colleague who's leaving next month.

On that note, answer this honestly: How do you usually react to people who treat you awfully?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.07.2010, 10:59 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It depends on how well I know them. If they're part of my family, they're going DOWN. But if they're just a friend or someone I don't know very well, then I'll probably just shut up and not do anything unless it gets really bad, in which case I'll get kinda snappy. Which they might not even notice. >_>

I'm way too quiet about these things.

What's your idea of the perfect "happy ending"?

07.07.2010, 01:17 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think something like that really exists.
But well, just being happy together and no problems, no struggles and get along with eachother no matter what will happen.

But then again, I don't really believe in this.

If you were asked to take an interview with a person you may choose, who would you choose? And what kind of questions would you certainly ask?

07.07.2010, 02:24 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohh, that a tough question... Either Hayao Miyazaki OR Jeff Corwin. And honestly I haven't the faintest idea what to ask either one of them, and if I could come up with anything to ask, I might be too nervous to ask it.

What is your favorite way of concentrating?

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.
=================================================

07.07.2010, 06:16 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Music loud enough that I can't hear anything else. Some quiet corner anywhere. Paper, pen, food and I'm set for 7 hours.

Oh, I guess I should ask a question. xD What's your favourite kind of store?

Post last edited by fenkashi on 07.08.2010, 12:45 AM.

07.08.2010, 12:43 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
jakey
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.05.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jakey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm. toss up. either a shop that sells good quality knives, (i like victory knox) or a music shop that stock black, death and melodiic medal.

can you remember back in the day when VHS was what we had?

07.08.2010, 09:01 AM jakey is offline   Profile for jakey Add jakey to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Yes! Lol, we still have some that we won't let my mom throw out. Good times.

What do you think about the 'go green' movement?

07.08.2010, 03:37 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it is good to think about the hard reality and the future. But I think this will fail, since you can never reach everybody. I don't believe that every single person on earth will think about the environment, which is a pity in my opinion, but it doesn't help if just a few people in the world will be ''going green''.. Such a shame..We destroyed the earth

Do you believe in paranormal things?

07.10.2010, 01:56 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Music loud enough that I can't hear anything else. Some quiet corner anywhere.
The paradox of the two combined is amusing

If paranormal as in hosts and djinn and all that, yeah. Believe it or not, it's even in my religion that such things exists, except ghosts don't exactly do anything; they're just damned souls that cannot leave earth for their sins. Any kind of mischief or malice is the work of djinns and devils.

Something that's been bugging me for a while: What do you do when "corporate standard practices" go against everything you believed in?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.10.2010, 10:55 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Lol...I meant quiet in the sense that there aren't hoards of people around. But yeah, I can see why you're amused. xD

Well...I guess it would depend on how much I needed the job. If I needed it to survive, I would try and make things work for longer while I found a new job. And if not, I'd give a notice and find a job after.

I'm sorry you're still having troubles at work.

If you had a choice between doing the 'right' thing and the 'wrong thing, what would make you want to do the right thing? Like, why is there a specific reason you do the right thing, beyond the morals of it?

07.10.2010, 11:19 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Generally speaking, the moral reason would be enough. If it is also of personal benefit to do the right thing, then that could be a bigger reason, but that's only under certain circumstances, so I'd say morals are the most important reason.

Do you like to follow big sporting events? If so, which ones and why? And if not, why not?

07.11.2010, 08:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
jakey
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.05.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jakey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

social psychiatry assumes that morales are brought on by the group, the same as self identity, self identity being how we see ourselves in our group, so i suppose morales are a result of us not wanting to be exiled by the group as unmorale or unnapropriate indiviuals. soldiers (especially those in genocides or race wars) are often recorded as seeing their enemy as animals or cattle, the inhuman point of view allowing them to murder, as they are within a social group (of other soldiers killing the same poeple) that allows and accepts it. (look at vietnam, i know some vets, they still cant see the difference between killing "slopes" and rabbits. the ones who can commit suicide usually). Sometimes morales can be stepped over step by step. in WW2, the british started target bombing (only factories etc), then area bombing (resdiential areas around the factories as well), and then the US dropped hiroshima. to the governments making the decisions, it was one stepping stone to another. one extreme towards victory, one decisions those in charge could live with, to another.
morales are basically, the only reason we dont kill, abuse or even swear at poeple. yet they can be broken down with social pressure. so i suppose social pressure is what would make anyone do something me or anyone else would consider unmorale.

(edit: i got sidetracked during replying and arren answered before i posted so im just going to edit this and leave it be)

Post last edited by jakey on 07.11.2010, 08:48 AM.

07.11.2010, 08:37 AM jakey is offline   Profile for jakey Add jakey to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Big sporting events? Erm, the Olympics, obviously because it's hard to escape those and they're a lot of fun. Especially the summer Olympics. They're a big party. ^^ Also, FIFA worldcup, because it's the only accessible soccer coverage. All the club stuff is aired at weird times and just takes a lot of effort. And I follow hockey (NHL) every season, because I have to cheer for my team.

Would you be any good at being a handyman/woman?

07.11.2010, 10:46 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

not very professional, but I learned that I could do a great many home repairs when I owned my own house...

now I'm back renting again, sigh...

What is your best skill (really)?

07.12.2010, 02:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Learning foreign languages. It's weird. Ever since about seventh grade I haven't really had to put much effort into learning them because they just sort of click in my mind. I hardly ever actually study outside of class.

How long can you stay busy (like with work/school, friends and other event-y things) before you need to take a break?

07.12.2010, 07:07 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

What is this break you speak of? Lol, usually I can go for quite a while. There are two times when I get my break... around Christmas, right before the end of the year...it's weird but that's when I sort of back off from my social life. Also, the first few weeks after school is out for the summer are a little reprieve before the craziness of summer hits.

Have you ever actively supported some sort of cause?

07.12.2010, 10:19 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks