QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What do you want to know of the person below you?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What do you want to know of the person below you? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite childhood memory is lying between my mother and my father. We used to lay on their big, comfy double bed, with me between them. They used to call it a sandwich, that they were the bread and I was their filling. I was only little, perhaps 5-7, and I used to lay there giggling as I asked them what I was today (jam or ham, etc.). Growing up in a family of six kids, having any time to myself with my parents was like this humongous deal, so I used to treasure every second. Then, after my dad left, when I was pretty little, I never had that again. They told me they were splitting apart just like that, lying on the bed with me being the filling, explained that it wasn't my fault and they still loved me very much. Maybe it's strange having this as a favourite childhood memory, something connected to such a sad time, but the good outweighed the worse by far.

Wow. Sorry about that rant. Just a memory that took some explaining :')

What was the first book you remember reading?

06.24.2010, 01:36 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh that brings back a really good memory! I started reading when I was very young but the first one I really remember is Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silver. The most kickass poetry book ever!

You know how in movies, a character will have a place where they go to think or forget? Where is yours?

06.24.2010, 03:14 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have two of those places, the first one is the forest near my house. It's only a 5 minutes distance by bicycle so it is very easy to get there. It is always calm and feels so far away from home yet it isn't. When my parents and I had fights (Nothing real bad, just the struggles of growing up) I used to calm down there.

The second place is Middelburg. It is a city near the sea, actually I went shopping there today to spend my day off. I was alone and I could think about everything that happens in my life in peace. I really love this city, it has got the nice atmosphere of a little village, with great traditional games, very nice and charming people and of course, the harbour and the sea. <3

What is your biggest regret?

06.24.2010, 03:17 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know if this is my biggest regret in life (I might have to live a while longer to figure that one out), but it's something that's haunted me for a while.

Back when I was living in Vietnam, I was walking the streets late at night when I realized I was being followed by a woman on a motorbike. I soon figured out the woman was trying to sell me the "merchandise" on her backseat, a girl who looked about my age and very frightened. At the time I was so shocked I didn't quite know how to react; I refused her and ran away. Looking back on it I wish I had paid for the girl and just taken her out somewhere to eat. I could have done her that small kindness. I can still see the expression on her face, a kind of blank, paralyzed dread. Needless to say the whole experience was kind of traumatizing for me.

What's your favorite album?

06.24.2010, 06:46 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heavy story, Orphic.

Anyway, my favourite album is Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming Lips. It's wonderful.

Next question: what's your favourite thing to eat when you're feeling sad?

06.24.2010, 06:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not sure if it classifies as 'eating' but whenever I'm sad or in a bad mood I sometimes make myself a coffee just to feel better. The actual act of drinking the coffee isn't the important part, but just the time it takes to make it takes my mind of my problems, and then there's a satisfying reward at the end. If I had to pick something that I ate though, probably chips.

Do you like your name? Would you change it if you could? (real name that is, not screen name )

06.25.2010, 12:08 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do, actually. I always come up with the most ridiculous fake names so that would never work. xD

I have two names that I use...my first and middle. The first is something English speaking individuals can pronounce and not butcher. And the second is one that they can't pronounce and definitely butcher. A lot of my friends know both my names and I think when the first found out, we made a game about there being two mes and there sort of is. So I think my names fit me.

Do you think there's a dichotomy between how people see you and how you see yourself?

06.25.2010, 12:47 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think there is, yes. If I understood this question right, I think that people think often that I am not a social person who is kind of a loner, but it's more than I'm quite shy at the beginning. When I know someone better, I can be a real talker who never quits xD So that's quite a different way of seeing myself.

Is there a song you feel related to?

Post last edited by Kemi on 06.25.2010, 02:32 PM.

06.25.2010, 06:27 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Just one? Haha, there's a new one for every day. ^^ These days, I'm really feeling Go by BoysLikeGirls.

What's your favourite scent/smell?

06.26.2010, 03:14 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm...that's a tough one. In terms of just smells that I find pleasant, I love fruity smells like lemon or pineapple. In terms of smells that entice nostalgia, I like the smell of old antique cupboards. They remind me of being with my Grandparents and of my childhood in England...

What is the thing you find strangest about Earth?

06.26.2010, 03:56 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
Karawekhime14
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.02.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Karawekhime14 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

continental drift fascinates me and its seems like such a strange thing

which season is your favorite?

06.26.2010, 09:54 AM Karawekhime14 is offline   Profile for Karawekhime14 Add Karawekhime14 to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Winter. I think the snow is so great to play with and to hold snowflakes in your hands, I love that. And I like the beautiful white landscapes in the winter. I also like cold weather.

But to be honest, I couldn't live without any season, one doesn't go without the other. They need eachother And I love the differences of the seasons.

What is your favourite fairytale?

06.26.2010, 01:40 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Omg...I just went a Disney classics trip in my head. xD Sleeping Beauty...by which I meant Beauty and the Beast! Wow...my brain...

Would you be okay singing in front of a lot of people, like at a karaoke bar?

Post last edited by fenkashi on 06.27.2010, 03:41 AM.

06.27.2010, 12:04 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahahaha no. When I sing, I sound like an injured donkey. I'll be singing by myself and I'll stop because I realize that I am ruining the song. XD

What kind of future do you think the world is heading for?

06.27.2010, 02:03 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

A future filled with technology and cyberspace. Children play with computers, not toys. People meet for lunch online. etc.

Which film best encaptures your childhood?

06.28.2010, 10:31 PM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
Karawekhime14
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.02.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Karawekhime14 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well ghibli's I would say My neighbor totoro, because when I was mei's age I lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere. sadly I didn't meet a totoro but I got the next best thing! a cranky black and white cat, that looked like a totoro.

If you meant non ghibli's then i don't know any of the top of my head.

Where do you want to be in 5 years?

06.28.2010, 11:20 PM Karawekhime14 is offline   Profile for Karawekhime14 Add Karawekhime14 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Orphic: Um, regarding your story, I'm pretty sure you made the right choice. I was in Thailand for half a year, and these things were quite common, or so I heard. It's a bad form of business.

Anyway...

I really WANT to be in Daihatsu' factory in Japan designing small engines. You know, something like their famous Charade GTTI, which was the first production car to ever hit 100HP per litre, and at 810kg, it was pretty quick. Not gonna happen in this lifetime though, sadly.

If you could be ruler of the world for one day, what would you do?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.29.2010, 12:13 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would love to say, resolve the world's problems, but what with the nature of man, it ain't gonna happen... so I would do what I could and then give Ghibli a BIG contract to produce more movies... or maybe vice versa...

what was your favorite toy as a child???

06.30.2010, 07:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Oh I like that question Husky!

Horses!!! Those tiny little horses from My Little Pony, Lego and Grand Champion, I'm sure you know them
I used to imagine that I was the instructor of the horse back driving (?) lessons and then I putted all of my horses everywhere around the house and played with them. Every single one had an own name by the way

Do you have pets?

06.30.2010, 03:21 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yup!

I have super-duper obese fat cat and super-duper pretty kitty. But the second one keeps waking me up because he wants outside. D:

What was your first pet?

06.30.2010, 03:33 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks