QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - LOVE
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » LOVE » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah nvm. I changed my mind. Sorry.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 06.30.2011, 04:36 AM.

06.30.2011, 04:36 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a slight problem, people have told me that if i want to meet a girl i have to get out there... my simple question is.. how exsactly.
I dont go to school im home educated as you all know.
I live in a rural place, and the nearest town takes a good couple of hours to walk to, and im not known for going out alone.
and lastly, i still have a good few years to go till i can get a drivers lisence, and hopefully a BMW.... cough... but back on subject before i drone on about german cars.
Can anyone give me some ideas?

06.30.2011, 06:26 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ok, you're in a rural area. Are there any local get-to-gethers, dances, picnics, 4-H, other youth activities? You might look for something along those lines...

07.01.2011, 10:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope, I agree with Husky, taking up anything that would involve working in a group with others or whatever is probably the best way to meet somebody. Even going to a public school, since it was a girls school, there were times when I had very little opportunity myself - from my own experience I'd say it usually springs out of a chance meeting or encounter opposed to deliberate searching, at least at our age.

07.03.2011, 06:49 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, i will see what i can do about a local group.
School would of been the icing on the pudding but, I've been out of it for 3 years and i am definitely behind, as i have drifted off to study subjects that suit my pleasing.
And generally school doesn't suit me needs to.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 07.03.2011, 09:02 AM.

07.03.2011, 09:01 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@NC: Your age? I'm having trouble, and I'm 27. Granted, I don't go to many gatherings, but still.

The trouble with working in a small company is that you don't meet too many people.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.06.2011, 11:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I've come to realize... I absolute abhor being touched, except for those random times I ask for hugs. And usually I have to be really upset or sleepy to ask for those.

How the hell am I going to do this if I hate being touched?

I have no issue with inviting myself to sit on anyone's lap, regardless of who they are. So I sat upon my friend's lap. She put her arms around me and I freaked.

Friend: You know, he's likely going to do this to you.
Me: Ew, why?!

I'm slow, OK?

Or maybe it was because I was being held by a girl. I'm not sure. But I squirmed my way out. Considering my ex had insisted on holding my hand and I flat out rejected the offer, I should of realized. I hate touching people and hate being touched. Unless it's hair or laps. My friends turn white and almost die if I hug them. One even almost cried because it scared her so much.

Great, I feel like a reject. <.<; I'm hoping he'll understand if I explain... but I don't know or feel like explaining.

07.06.2011, 09:52 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would say that you definitely need to explore WHY you don't like being touched. I am sure that it will have a major impact on any relationship you have in the future. I am not saying this to scare you, but I think that the other women in the forum would agree...

Uh, not that I'm a woman...uh...

07.07.2011, 12:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never had a reason. D: It could be due to bullying. Some guys weren't very nice to me in the past. But.. that's kind of personal. I don't think that's the reason though. They used to harass me and tell me to kill myself. I found out my old friends didn't like me because I was prettier than them. And I was often alone. But hey.

I just don't like looking at two people kiss. XD I'm like a little boy going "Ew, no!". XD So.. It could just be inexperience, I'm not sure. But I know for sure I don't like people touching me. I'm not really the cuddly sort and I don't flirt. If I flirted, I think the world would end.

07.07.2011, 07:01 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF, some people develop at different speeds to others, just because you aren't ready for physical stuff doesn't mean you won't be at some point. I'm sure if you were to become comfortable around somebody and put your trust in them then your distaste towards being touched would receede. Also, I think if you found somebody you really liked it wouldn't bother you so much. I know people who aren't big on physical contact except for the person they're dating. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

07.07.2011, 09:56 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But it would be a very good idea to let your boyfriend know about that early on in a relationship. He might even think that if he doesn't hug you/hold hands/etc, he's not giving you enough support or intimacy.

07.07.2011, 12:49 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

foreignfilmfreak@ I have a similair feeling towards touching, but from a boys point of view. I will stand the odd hug from family or such but grudgingly, But its starting to phase out. So all i can say is its probably a phase.

07.07.2011, 02:24 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, well, if it's a phase, it's probably only because I'm unused to it. Since I've never had many guy friends and my dad only hugs me on occasion (he doesn't know what to do XD) I don't really like being touched by guys. But girls scare me more due to... a situation I was once in that terrified me. ^^;

But hopefully he'll understand. I'm excited since I'll see him soon. o.o And that means things can finally be decided! So I'm anxious. At least his girl experience seems zilch other than acting as a housewife/father. He's been around women his entire life but I don't think he's had a girlfriend. He's handsome but he seems kind of... soft?

I don't know. o.O My friends think he sounds adorable. Which, frankly, everyone around me says the same. Considering my father is one of those "adorable" types, it runs in the family to want an adorable boyfriend/husband. XD Seems funny.

Ahh well, I'll learn. It's just the whole touching thing is.. odd to me. But seeing as he's new to it all too, that can be good. Although, whenever I've been near him with his sister, I'm always smothering her and sitting on her lap. XD I make the exception for her and my other friend's younger brother. I'm not sure why. Usually cute things.

The other is my mom, who would kill me even if I kissed him. However, after her first time talking to him, the first words out of her mouth was "I want to pinch his little cheekies". o.O Since she's wanted me to get a boyfriend for awhile now while telling my sister she didn't want her to have one.. I guess it'll be OK.

Something tells me this will last a long while so it'll be good. I'm confident in that. I just need to warm up to it all.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.07.2011, 07:35 PM.

07.07.2011, 07:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

humphh ok...

so lately i've been seeing quite a bit of a younger bird..
younger meaning that i'm twenty and shes sixteen, i find that a rather big gulf seeing as i'm going to turn 21 in a cpl of months where as she turned 16 a couple of months ago.
so i've kept it as a friendship, we just end up chilling out and talking most of the times that we've "hung out".
problem is she likes me a lot more than i her.. which is making things harder.
i knew she liked me after her mother practically told me so and gave me her number, the mother has already mentioned to others that we would make a great cpl. Which has found its way to my ears...awkward.
when i'm with her i can't help but notice the gulf in age between us. For example after hearing what sort of music i'm into. The next time i see her, her new favorite songs is one of the ones i had told her were a cpl of mine. its like she tries to come up with more things that we like in common. if i mention a track on the radio in an off hand sort of way. next time it will be one of her favorite tracks....there are other examples too.
but other then that i'm quite fond of her, the whole thing is quite tricky...

i have recently found out that a chick that i was really into, is moving back to tassie after finishing her uni degree and already being offered a job in her field. i've known her from way back as when our family friends would have gatherings her family was always there too. we would sometimes come across one another in the bush tracks in our local area. every time i've seen her on the track her smile and eyes had always burnt itself into my mind and i constantly found myself thinking of her... she is currently single but i don't know how long that will be!!!?,and shes coming back!! i really only see her at the point swimming (drool), running and sometimes at the annual Christmas party in the area at the family friends. i just want to get to know her......... anyone got any suggestions?

Post last edited by Farren on 07.26.2011, 05:08 AM.

07.26.2011, 05:05 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks