QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Video Game are you currently playing?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Video Game are you currently playing? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I played minecraft for about a week.. got pretty much all i wanted in it... bored of it now.

07.02.2012, 01:30 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

BASTION. I'm on my second play-through and oh my god this game is perfect. The art is beautiful, the music is beautiful, the storyline is beautiful, and the gameplay is nearly flawless.

BASTION.

07.19.2012, 03:21 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am about to start playing DAYZ. From what I have heard it can be genuinely extremely scary.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.19.2012, 12:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, that's the zombie thing, right? I've seen a couple of playthroughs of that that PewDiePie made, on YouTube. Didn't look terribly scary to me... But get back to us. o.o

What does look scary as hell... Slender. Nearly had a heart attack just from watching someone else play. x_x

My Anime List

07.19.2012, 04:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is scary, even in broad daylight, the zombies are scary. I am not doing very well. I am on my 4th character now, after a weekend of playing.

The first character died of blood loss and dehydration, all alone in some forest... He lasted about five hours. I never found a weapon for him, nor even anything to eat or drink. The game is more about surviving than zombie-killing. Zombies are really to be avoided, because gunfire just attracts more of them (which makes the quieter pistols and silencers very valuable). My first character had his aims set on a nice gun at first but within 2 hours of not finding any weapons whatsoever his goals had shifted from a gun to a drink. There's rainstorms in the game but no way to collect the moisture from them. Honestly as things went from bad to worse I was prepaared to lick wet rocks!

My guy died because his need for a drink and food had got so bad I took bigger risks, then got bitten. He died from those wounds.

My second guy lasted only an hour! I found a military field hospital and a couple of pistols and ammo but then got too brave thinking I could kill the zombies that infested the camp. I couldn't. He died after falling from an observation tower, breaking his leg and while rolling around in agony on the ground he was torn to pieces by the hungry undead.

It was not nice, the sound effects of your character panicking, hyperventilating and screaming as he dies are.... realistic...

My third guy lived about 4 hours and was doing quite well. I had found a hatchet to cut firewood, a dead cow was butchered with a knife I'd found to provide several steaks, I had picked up a couple of water bottles from some dead survivors and found a well to fill them... I just needed some matches to light my woodpile and cook my steaks. I was in a hanger of an abandoned airfield, no threat to anyone, when 2 survivors came in and shot me.

Thanks guys.

I guess that's PvP online gaming for you, the only language is the gun.

I'm on my 4th guy now but the inability to get off the bottom of the food chain in the game is getting frustrating. Of 4 characters I've had only 1 has found a weapon so far.

It is though, very realistic, perhaps a little too realistic! Servers run daylight/night in real time so when night falls, you've several hours of darkness to survive. I find the dark hours far too scary to play in, its impossible to see and without weapons, you're just walking meat so I log out and find a server running daytime.

The persistent world idea is great - when you log back in you are at the same place you logged out and with all your existing equipment and injuries. Its very neatly done.

The maps are beautiful. Very realistic surroundings and skies, great ambient sounds. I think the map is 256x256 miles square.

Highly recommend this game, but the fun would be in a group. Alone it can be frustrating.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.22.2012, 10:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Playing off of your final line there Saddles, I was wondering if any of us forum members who play online games would like to start playing one together? We could work as a team~

I always find playing MMOs with friends way more fun than playing them alone.

07.30.2012, 10:01 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I agree. I started playing DAYZ alone and it was slow and frustrating... and even more scary if you faced death. I've now joined a UK team and we have our own server, Teamspeak channels and are having a total blast with several vehicles found and repaired and last night we found our first working helicopter which took a LOT of fixing up but is now operational. I flew my first mission as a door gunner last night, its a really epic way to have fun with like-minded people.

For the Tavern though, we would need to all have interest in the same game which could be very tricky.

07.30.2012, 12:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mhmm this is true! I guess we could all put in our tastes and see if we can all find something we'd find interesting.

Like usually I'm a big MMORPG fan in the traditional sense of elves and magic and swords and all that, and I'm hugely excited about Guild Wars 2 - but I wouldn't mind trying something different.

07.30.2012, 12:11 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

While unfortunately swords and sorcery based games don't interest me, I'm sorry to say. I prefer games set in a real-world setting, although you could argue that the game I'm mostly playing now is a post-apocalypse fantasy, its pretty real-world based and also the group of people I'm playing with play in a highly structured way with a clear team leader and certain objectives and tasks or missions if you like that we do each session (or are so big they are ongoing over several sessions).

I think though a MMORPG type game is what we need, something that definitely has persistent characters, rather than one-off game sessions that are unlinked.

If anyone is interested in DAYZ, I can give plenty of info on how to get started, though you do have to buy the parent game, ARMA2 and one of its add-ons, Operation Arrowhead which together will set you back about £20-00 (UK pounds) and you'll need a working microphone and Teamspeak.

07.31.2012, 09:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fable 2...again Can't wait till 4 comes out, it'll be different, since it's for the Kinect.

EDIT: My Fable 2 game got up and walked away!? It's just gone, I have no idea what could happened to it Guess I'll have to buy another one! Luckily it's only about $10 now.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

Post last edited by Mokiepoet on 08.12.2012, 10:50 AM.

08.02.2012, 03:22 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
What does look scary as hell... Slender. Nearly had a heart attack just from watching someone else play. x_x

Hahaha I think I know what you mean... I jumped pretty high that time when Slender man snuck up on Pewdie when he was trying to take a note, and I had a cat in my lap and she wasn't very happy...

@Saddles
Wow, DAYZ seems awsome o_o Don't know if I'll afford it though, and I will definatly have to wait until I get my new computer... This one isn't really fit for a game like that :3

08.09.2012, 12:29 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Minecraft, And i think i have spent a good proportion of my time on it since i got it.

01.19.2013, 10:50 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Age of Mythology

01.21.2013, 01:39 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been playing Pokemon Snap a lot lately. It's so much fun playing old N64 games! I have my PS2 back from home as well, so I've been playing some classics on it too.

01.21.2013, 05:01 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally got around to playing Portal and I'm almost done with it. It's good. I'm also playing Braid.

02.13.2013, 01:54 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Still playing DayZ... now on a set of PvE servers. If anyone wants to join me send me a PM and I'll give you the server details and how to get the game installed and such. Its completely immersive I find and I go play it to destress - wiping out a couple dozen zombies is a very good way to relax!

02.15.2013, 12:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
I finally got around to playing Portal and I'm almost done with it. It's good. I'm also playing Braid.

Ooh, I loved Portal! I still haven't got round to trying out the sequel though, and it's been out for ages now...

02.15.2013, 07:24 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Guaporense
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.02.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Guaporense Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The last game I played was Anno 2070, got tired of it a few weeks ago.

Very good city simulator / RTS, for those that like these sorts of games.

04.05.2013, 03:40 PM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Euro Truck Simulator 2, and making great use of its nifty little function to play MP3 sound files ingame through the truck's radio.

04.05.2013, 08:31 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still playing League of Legends and Black Ops II whenever I have the chance to.

04.10.2013, 06:58 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks