QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Video Game are you currently playing?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Video Game are you currently playing? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  What Video Game are you currently playing?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't seen a thread like this here, so...

Kingdom Hearts II

This is actually my second time playing. My first time was about 3 years ago, and I played it directly after the first game without any knowledge of Chain of Memories. So the majority of the time I was just thinking "what the heck is going on?"

Now that some time has passed and I've had a chance to play Re:Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and even Re:coded, I've decided to give it another go. So far I can definitely say that I am far less confused

Post last edited by maggie on 02.04.2011, 01:23 AM.

02.02.2011, 02:08 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just played the demo of Magicka, made by a few swedes..I was really surprised how simple but really, really, really fun the mechanics can be, and pretty well working considering it was made only by 9 people..You can download demo from steam, and buy the game for 10euros..

02.02.2011, 05:40 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, Kingdom Hearts II was amaaaaaziiiiiiiing. <3

I have, like... four games on the go right now.

On the PS2:

Final Fantasy X. It's taking me an absolute age to get through this, but I am determined. o _o I do want to find out what happens.

On the Wii:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've hit a bit which currently looks impossible so I'm in a huff with it. ¬_¬ I'm no good with the bow and I need to hit something and hit it very quickly in order to progress...

BAROQUE. This is a strange one. I picked it up in GAME for £5. The description on the back actually made me laugh. So dramatic:

"A World Affected by Death and Reincarnation.

Step into a dark action-RPG featuring twisted characters presented in a disturbing world of pain and suffering. After a cataclysmic event, the land and its inhabitants are warped into a nightmare only you can solve. Battle merciless foes as you travel deeper into the shifting Neuro Tower in search of absolution.

Experience a never-before-seen dungeon structure where levels are forever-changing. Engage yourself in a unique propgression system where death merely serves to advance the storyline. Descend through the darkness to unveil more secrets of a broken world."

Which sounds just wonderful. Incidentally, this one's rated 12. I haven't played much yet, but the gameplay seems fairly repetitive. Kill all enemies, find all items, move to next level, repeat. However, the story is veeery intruiging and the character designs, in fact the game's designs in general, are much to my liking. This game is apparently what's called a "Roguelike" game where, if you're killed, you're sent back to the start and all your items lost. But in this game, it's also important to die once in a while because it progresses the storyline? o_O Way to mess with our heads...

Lastly, I'm playing Trauma Center: Second Opinion. It's a medical simulator and RPG. So stressful. o_o; But somehow very fun!

My Anime List

02.02.2011, 06:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was playing halo reach with some friends but thay kept saying i was sucking so thats put me off a bit... runescape is my cupa.
(edit) and the trainz series made by auran.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 02.02.2011, 07:01 PM.

02.02.2011, 07:00 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Final Fantasy X. It's taking me an absolute age to get through this, but I am determined. o _o I do want to find out what happens.

Oh, that's a fantastic game! Good luck making it to the end!

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've hit a bit which currently looks impossible so I'm in a huff with it. ¬_¬ I'm no good with the bow and I need to hit something and hit it very quickly in order to progress...

Also a fantastic game! Don't give up! There was nothing in the game that I would consider too hard... except getting the frog lure... *shudders* ( I never got it...)

Anyway, I just finished Kingdom Heart II on Proud mode
I chose that difficulty so that I could unlock the secret video, as I was never able to on the Standard difficulty because I could never beat the stupid Hades Paradox Cup with the required high score... even at level 99... grrrrr...
Proud mode, however, wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be... other than a few organization members and the final boss, I really didn't feel very much pressure at all... of course, I didn't even bother with Sephiroth... I already beat him once on Standard mode, and I would rather not go through that again...
Overall, I'm happy to finally have beat this game with a proper understanding of the plot Now I really wanna play 3D... but that won't be out for a while

Oh well, for now I think I'm going to try playing Klonoa for Wii. I received it as a Christmas present a few years back... and I think it's about time I finally gave it a go ^^;

Post last edited by maggie on 02.14.2011, 01:59 PM.

02.14.2011, 01:56 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Kitty Online

02.14.2011, 06:16 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently playing Vanquish. Fun brainless shooter. I also have Dead Space 2 in my backlog and I'm waiting for Hot Shots Golf to arrive in the mail.

Edit: I forgot that I'm about 10 hours into Mass Effect. I'm not sure if I will continue playing it though. I find it so boring.

Post last edited by colda on 02.14.2011, 07:34 PM.

02.14.2011, 07:31 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just started to play Pokémon Black version :3

03.08.2011, 11:24 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not really a gamer, but every now and then I join my brother and little sister (who both are gamers). We have recently played the Little Big Planet II, which is endless fun! I like the selfmade levels online And to play with people from all over the world

Also played Call of Duty Black Ops, but I prefer the old Call of Duty games I still have to get used to this version I guess

Anyone else playing Little Big Planet II? What do you think of it?

03.11.2011, 11:58 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The original MOTHER/EarthBound Zero, my fourth time playing it. Great game, if not a little frustrating.

03.15.2011, 06:34 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My friend made me to try DotA today, it's quite fun even though I suck at it..

Post last edited by Animenewbie on 03.15.2011, 07:01 PM.

03.15.2011, 07:00 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pokemon Black version.
the reason im not on a lot recently
so addictive, probably one of my favourite pokemon games to date

03.16.2011, 11:26 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone here know about Conker's Bad Fur Day?? I haven't played it yet (and probably can't til I'm 17 ) but it's really funny and original. Just thought it deserved a mention here. For those wondering: it's the same Conker the Squirrel from Diddy Kong Racing on the N64, but made gruesome and mature. The makers of the game are the same as Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark.

04.17.2011, 03:57 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know of Conker's Bad Fur Day, but I've never played it. I heard it was really good, though obviously not to everyone's tastes.

04.17.2011, 05:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Playing Undead Nightmare, its expansion for Red Dead Redemption.

04.17.2011, 08:58 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(cough) moshi (cough) monsters... (ahem)

04.18.2011, 07:46 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Portal 2. Soon! I'm so excited.

And as soon as I get some time, Assassin's Creed II is going to get beat. I'm like an hour in right now =__=

04.19.2011, 02:40 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

I want portal 2! Going to try it at my friend later today. Perhaps that may convince me to buy it.

04.19.2011, 11:37 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

I userly opt for simulators over endless violence, My faviroute is trainz railway simulator proubly one of the best train simulators out there, ill post some pics i'f i have time.

04.19.2011, 12:48 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Playing Portal 2. It's freakin' awesome!

04.19.2011, 07:51 PM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks