QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Like the Clouds, Like the Wind
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Like the Clouds, Like the Wind » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.26.02
  Like the Clouds, Like the WindPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mocca Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaze no yoni, kame no yoni.

This film looks like it came out of Ghibli (design-wise, the animation and story isn't nearly as refined), and apparently animators from Kiki worked on this title. It is about a girl in "ancient China" who competes with a few other girls about becoming the new Emperor's wife. But at the same time a revolution is brewing and the castle comes under attack.

Nothing earthshattering but worth your time if you come across it (I found it through Hotline).

10.26.2002, 07:59 AM Mocca is offline   Profile for Mocca Add Mocca to your buddy list Send an Email to Mocca
Mocca
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.26.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mocca Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gah, just did a search to find some pictures only to realise that it was already on this site Sorry. Must learn to scroll.

10.26.2002, 10:25 AM Mocca is offline   Profile for Mocca Add Mocca to your buddy list Send an Email to Mocca
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mocca
Nothing earthshattering but worth your time if you come across it (I found it through Hotline).

hehe yeah... i think the character designs are very well done (just like ghibli movies) that's prob why ppl keep mistaken it for miyazaki's work...... and there's actually another guy in the credits that has a name with "miyazaki", that really helps with confusion

10.26.2002, 04:42 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Sammi
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sammi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmm.... Striked my curiosity.... Now I wanna go see it. Even though, of course, it will never compare to Ghibli's work.

03.01.2003, 09:38 PM Sammi is offline   Profile for Sammi Add Sammi to your buddy list Send an Email to Sammi Homepage of Sammi
MononokeOnMyMind
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.24.03
AgreedPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MononokeOnMyMind Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Agreed! Where could I go to find it? I doubt it is in the local Video store Where did you go to see it??

03.06.2003, 05:50 PM MononokeOnMyMind is offline   Profile for MononokeOnMyMind Add MononokeOnMyMind to your buddy list Send an Email to MononokeOnMyMind Homepage of MononokeOnMyMind Add MononokeOnMyMind to your contact list AIM Screenname: ILikeChicken3 YIM Screenname: trace501@yahoo.com
anumalik
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.06
  have to check it out...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by anumalik Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What is this movie about? The title seems very gripping but how does it compare with Ghibli movies?

...when I look at him
I can see a boy hidden in the depth of his piercing blue eyes,
a boy who is longing his freedom......

06.05.2006, 10:24 PM anumalik is offline   Profile for anumalik Add anumalik to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sounds cool.....i'll have to check it out..

btw, is kaze wind, and kame clouds? just wondering...i don't really know japanese..hehe

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.05.2006, 11:01 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaze is wind yes. I don't know what cloud is in Japanese.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

06.06.2006, 01:11 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah cool..thanks

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.07.2006, 12:29 AM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cloud is kumo.

One of the animators for this movie works for Ghibli, and because the style of animation is similar, it has very often been associated to ghibli, even though it's not.

It's actually a good movie, and well worth seeing.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.08.2006, 04:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
just saw it!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Definitely worth your time. Incredibly enjoyable movie to watch, also very interesting in terms of history and culture (actually the history part was a bit hard to follow because of all the different names to remember!). Here's where I downloaded it from (type the movie name under the 'search' link, I used bitorrent to download):
http://www.animesuki.com/

07.14.2006, 11:37 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sounds good. i will try and check it out..

07.15.2006, 04:40 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks