QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I very seldom watch anime online so whatever trips your triggers, just let me know and I'll follow along...

10.07.2014, 01:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I still have to finish Uchouten Kazoku. I don't know what I'd suggest for a new series though... again, something reasonably short, with a fairly broad appeal (so no niche genres!)

10.07.2014, 05:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One man's niche is another man's meat... or something like that. What genres would be classified as niche?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.08.2014, 01:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha I'm so bad at keeping up with anime... I either watch it over a 2 year period or I do a marathon >_< Still on ep 4 of Uchouten... sooo I'm gonna tag along and try and watch whatever gets decided on by you lovely people.

10.08.2014, 02:24 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For niche... I would say things like mecha, or horror, that some people are extremely into and most others aren't so big on. I'd also include, say, very obvious harem comedies - while many good shows have that element, it is also the kind of thing that tends to be made very lazily and targeted at a small, very enthusiastic audience.

10.09.2014, 05:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone up for watching and discussing another series? Again I suggest a short one - about 12 eps. Perhaps something airing now? "Just Because" has piqued my interest since it looks slice-of-lifey.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.13.2017, 03:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I could be up for doing this again potentially. It might be tricky to come up with something that enough people can agree on watching together though.

Haha I just looked back through this thread. I had completely forgotten that this was how I watched Steins;Gate. I thought it was just something I'd watched by myself.

12.15.2017, 10:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
It might be tricky to come up with something that enough people can agree on watching together though.

Maybe we could turn this into a survey to determine what kinds of anime and genres the Tavern's usual suspects like.

Though I wonder if we haven't done this before?

Perhaps a top ten anime favourites, then group those into genres and see if we can determine something that has the widest appeal.

12.15.2017, 01:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ That's a cool idea.

I'm down for this.

My Anime List

12.15.2017, 08:03 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

We've had things somewhat like that, but maybe not a Top # favourites thread. It sounds like quite a good idea though! I think you already know I'm interested in having more of that type of thing to get people more involved.

12.16.2017, 08:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks