QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I would like to see the first season of Mushishi before the new one. I know the order doesn't matter a great deal, but that's just my preference. So if we choose that I might sit it out this time.

I've heard Another wasn't that great, but the others sound interesting, so I could up for them. Are you taking any other suggestions or will we stick with these options?

05.27.2014, 02:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

More suggestions that fit Orphic's criteria are welcome. It would be best if none of us had seen the series prior. That's awkward for an old series because logically most of us know its worth watching because we've watched it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.27.2014, 06:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uchouten Kazoku is not very old at all, it aired last year, but it seems to be well-liked, and is a bit of an oddity. An older show I've never got round to seeing is Baccano! but perhaps most people have seen it already? Anyway, they're both 13 episodes.

05.27.2014, 10:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Uchouten Kazoku is not very old at all, it aired last year, but it seems to be well-liked, and is a bit of an oddity. An older show I've never got round to seeing is Baccano! but perhaps most people have seen it already? Anyway, they're both 13 episodes.

Uchouten Kazoku looks good/intriguing! I'm less fussed about Baccano.

05.27.2014, 11:57 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohh Uchouten ... I was actually watching that but forgot about it or got busy or something. Only got to ep 2 or something. It was interesting. I'd like to watch that.

Seen Baccano! though.

05.27.2014, 09:55 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't seen either.

@Arren: Another IS great. The problem is that it isn't full of bishounens or bishoujos, lacks humour and relatively quite dark. There's no villain either.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.28.2014, 12:26 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey I love dark and serious, and more often than not, bishounen/shoujos are annoying. Another fell flat for me anyway. I just didn't think it went anywhere even though it started well enough.

05.28.2014, 01:30 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think its important that we ALL watch something for the first time, it won't be half as cool if one person knows what's going to happen.

This eliminates everything we've discussed so far except Mushi-shi II ... and Arren doesn't want to watch that before he's seen Mushi-shi I !!

However since the first series didn't have an over-reching story arc and was entirely episodic I think watching II before I won't hurt.

The only other suggestion we have currently is Uchouten Kazoku.

Any more suggestions?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.28.2014, 06:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, the summer season's starting so...

Also, I just finished rewatching Another. Unfortunately my opinion on it doesn't change, but I guess that's just me. I like mystery stories quite a bit, so stuff like this or Kindaichi is right up my alley. It's also why I can't like half-assed stuff like Death Note and Danganronpa very much; the gaping logic holes irritate me too much.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.28.2014, 12:54 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm in the same boat as Arren with regards to Mushishi.

Uchouten Kazoku does look fun.

My Anime List

05.28.2014, 02:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I took a peek at some screenshots and it sure looks... different.

http://www.japanator.com/ul/29071-Uchoten-Kazoku-01.jpg

http://animeaura.com/wp-content/uploads/...zoku-OP-1-4.jpg

http://randomc.net/image/Uchouten%20Kazo...0Large%2008.jpg

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-oDbCFBBL9ww/UfZhF...oku+-+04+-5.jpg

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-iPWzgRQRLzs/UeNzG...oku+-+02+-2.jpg

http://randomc.net/image/Uchouten%20Kazo...0Large%2023.jpg

My vote's on this unless we get more options by, say, the weekend?

05.28.2014, 03:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I'm happy with that if there are no objections or other good ideas.

By the way, Roar, did you ever watch Mirai Nikki? I'm curious which category you'd put that in.

05.28.2014, 10:50 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That looks out of the ordinary as well. Not sure about the gore though, I'm not a fan of gore.

05.29.2014, 07:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uh............this Mirai Nikki?

No thanks.

Uchouten Kazoku looks intriguing. I'd be up for it.

05.29.2014, 08:43 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think you watched a bad example. It looks like fans (or haters?) of the series string together lots of that stuff which may just be a minor character incident. The OP titles don't look so bad.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.29.2014, 09:33 AM.

05.29.2014, 09:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Oh, I'm not recommending it! I found Mirai Nikki to be a huge letdown, and a waste of an exciting - if contrived - premise. I was asking Roar about it because it's another of that kind of "survival game" story.

The OP is very cool though.

05.29.2014, 10:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Didn't watch it I read the manga though, yandere overload to da max. Was okay, I'd rate it the same as Danganronpa.

I think Uchouten Kazoku pretty much got the majority vote.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.29.2014, 12:39 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Shall we start then?

06.01.2014, 12:45 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good question. Um, guys? Who's participating? When do we start?

06.02.2014, 09:59 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I think we could do with a list of who's in, so that we know who to pester, and so we can avoid letting anybody fall too far behind. Do we need somebody in charge also, or are we okay without?

06.03.2014, 04:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks