QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It looks like Roar, Fen, Arren, Orphic and me. Anyone else? NC? Kaz? Husky?

What shall we do? Aim to watch Ep1 by this weekend?

Use spoilers well ahead of text that spoils so people can avoid it?

As a small downer I am going away to stay with friends this weekend, leaving Wednesday afternoon and not back until Monday afternoon. I could watch Ep 1 Monday night though, and comment then.

EDIT: I just found what looks like a full series online. I have no idea about the legality of that site though

http://www.waoanime.tv/uchouten-kazoku-episode-1/

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.03.2014, 08:15 AM.

06.03.2014, 07:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't expect to find any legal streams. Anyway, in that case people can just watch it on whatever sites they're used to.

I'd be happy watching an episode this week.

06.03.2014, 09:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'm in. I have my usual few sites I watch anime on, should be on at least one of those.

My Anime List

06.03.2014, 09:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, so how about we watch Ep 1 this week sometime and begin commenting at the weekend?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.03.2014, 12:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can do ep 1 by this weekend ^^

06.03.2014, 07:58 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Do people think we could do 2 eps a week, one at the weekend for discussion early in the week and one about Wednesday for discussion before the weekend, or is that pushing it a bit?

Should we just move on to the next ep when everyone is comfortable?

06.04.2014, 07:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd suggest starting on Saturday, at least there's time until Sunday for those tight on time. I also agree on the 2 episodes per week, considering what happened with FMwS

The last suggestion, maybe we'll hold off until the situation calls for it?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.04.2014, 08:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's only 13 episodes long, so I don't think it's going to become a problem if we only watch one episode a week. I actually think once a week is the best way to begin, and then if everyone is doing a good job of keeping up we can discuss changing it.

06.04.2014, 09:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep count me in! I can do Ep 1 by this weekend

06.04.2014, 09:59 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
It's only 13 episodes long, so I don't think it's going to become a problem if we only watch one episode a week.

13 eps = 13 weeks = 3 months.

Personally I'd rather keep it shorter. Also, more eps per week = more stuff to talk about, unless it's super deep like Paranoia Agent, which I doubt.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.05.2014, 03:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Well, that is the normal rate that anime shows are broadcast on TV, so it's not such a long time I think. And considering the lack of activity in the past while, I feel like it would be best to start a little slow and make sure people can do that before building on it.

06.05.2014, 04:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh I want to post about the first ep but it occurs to me (and I don't know if this is really dumb or not but for the life of me I'm stumped) that I don't know how to insert spoiler text? Help?

06.07.2014, 09:10 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I don't think the Tavern's BB code allows spoiler tags to work. In previous discussions about various series like Eva and Utena we just did this...

SPOILERS!!!

and then actual stuff about the show goes down here. Its not ideal but we haven't found a better way so far.

06.07.2014, 10:41 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Screw the tags, opem a new thread.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.07.2014, 11:10 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Uh, we'll still need spoiler tags in the new thread. You should have just used this one like our prev anime club discussions have

06.08.2014, 03:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Another way to hide spoilers is by changing the text colour to something hard-to-read, so people need to highlight it to read it.

06.08.2014, 04:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Um, spoiler tags have always worked fine for me.

Comme ça:

[spoiler ] text [/ spoiler]

Which without spaces does:

Spoiler!, highlight to read.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

My Anime List

06.08.2014, 05:29 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

So all this time we could've just done that? Oops. Well, problem solved! Classic spoiler choice, by the way.

06.08.2014, 06:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

If we are up for another series to watch how about one from the autumn season that have just started airing?

10.06.2014, 01:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I recommende the new F/SN from Ufotable. Anyone up for that? God, I love Ufotable for Kara no Kyoukai.

10.06.2014, 09:09 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks