QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Takhata's "3000 Leagues In Serach Of Mother"
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Takhata's "3000 Leagues In Serach Of Mother" Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.09.05
  Takhata's "3000 Leagues In Serach Of Mother"Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jeff Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums. I just wanted to let you know that you can download Isao Takhata's 1976 classic "3000 Leagues In Search Of Mother" from http://animesuki.com/series.php/344.html

It was part of the classic World Mastrepiece Theatre anime shows produced from Japan. L-E is subbing the series and the episodes are all high quality LD versions. The subs are crisp-clear and the translation, as to my knowledge, is perfect.

This is truly an amazing series, and I consider it the best anime I've seen. This show is one of the reasons why I consider Isao Takhata as a superior film-maker to Miyazaki.

Go check it out and leave your comments at L-E if you appreciate their effort.

Post last edited by Jeff on 06.09.2005, 01:22 PM.

06.09.2005, 01:21 PM Jeff is offline   Profile for Jeff Add Jeff to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Jeff! Welcome to the forums ! Are you the Jeff that almost frigtened me to death in Ketto's house ? Anyway thanks for sharing the link. I have watched the theatrical version a long time ago but not the episodic anime. Now I have totally forgotten what the story is about.

06.10.2005, 07:52 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Jeff
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.09.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jeff Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah jiji, you're mistaking me for someone else.
These forums are really nice, would have been nicer if they were more active though.

Enjoy this series, its truy a masterpiece of neo-realism and simplicity, an art Takhata perfected throughout his career in animation.

Post last edited by Jeff on 06.13.2005, 02:53 PM.

06.11.2005, 06:41 AM Jeff is offline   Profile for Jeff Add Jeff to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when you see Marco, it is better to see the TV-series than movie which was compiled.
when I saw the TV-series Marco, my eyes filled up with something like the water.

Jeff is the big dog who helps Jiji, don't you?

Post last edited by nanashi on 06.11.2005, 04:51 PM.

06.11.2005, 04:05 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks