QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Nicotine
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Nicotine » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  NicotinePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I, after 7 years have decided to quit smoking. Its been more than 48 hours. Sleep seems impossible and I keep getting snappish and angry. It dosnt hurt as much as day 1&2 did but i had 1 smoke on both those days. This sucks. But my breathing is better allready, and even with lack of sleep so my energy is up. I do not like the idea of quit aids becuase id rather roll myself a smoke than be addicted to patches or pills lol plys i heard they make poeple really sick. Anyone else ever battled the nicotine demon? Or anyone still smoke? (everyone else, dont smoke. Its yucky and seriously after the research ive been doing heroin sounds safer)

This is day 5 (turning into day 6 lol cuz im awake)

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 08.29.2011, 01:38 PM.

08.29.2011, 01:37 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its all about willpower. My wife stopped smoking the day she found out she was pregnant with our daughter and for the sake of the foetus she simply never smoked again. I gave up when my daughter was quite young. You just need to focus.

I did go to my GP and tell them I wanted to stop and they gave advice and support but I never used patches, etc.

If you truly WANT to stop, you will.

Good luck!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.29.2011, 03:17 PM.

08.29.2011, 03:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YES, agreed, the thing you need most is the desire and the willpower.

I have told this brfore in here and I will again...

I started smoking when I was nine and was allowed to smoke in front of my mom when I was thirteen. Mom said, "I'd rather you smoke in front of me than behind my back". I smoked up to the time I was 28 and I had written a note, promising to my soon-to-be-born child (a girl), that I would quit smoking on the day the child was born. I could not tell my child not to smoke if I was smoking. Not cool to my mind.

At the time, I was smoking 2-1/2 to 3 packs of Pell Mell regulars a day and on the day my daughter was born, I threw away the rest of the remaining packet. I was not a saint! Three days after my daughter was born, I was so hard up for a smoke that I drove to the local store and bought a pack of Pell Mell's, opened it, and lit one up.

I took one puff and felt like such an ASS for breaking my word to my newborn child that the cigearette went out the window, the full packet went out the window and I'd like to say that I haven't smoked since then. About 6 months later, I was having a beer with a buddy in a bar and asked for a cigarette. I told him that I just wanted to see what it tasted like and would put it out after. You know, didn't want him PO'd for wasting a ciggy.

I lit it and took a drag and it was one of the most awfulest things that I have ever tasted in my life, bar none! To give you an idea of how bad it was, about a year later I was hanging out with some fellow schoolbus drivers and was describing how bad it was and I started gagging and almost threw up! It was that bad. Just describing it was bad...

At any rate, I haven't had the urge to smoke since that time and my lungs are clear.

the one important thing is, you have to WANT TO QUIT!!! If you don't have a full commitment, it ain't going to work.

Good Luck, my friend, we're all rooting for ya!

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.29.2011, 03:38 PM.

08.29.2011, 03:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cheers mate. The willpowers here but I still feal cranky lol. At any rate I will see this through. Not for any other reason but for myself and to enjoy
My life more. Anyway I cant smoke on the bike. Going to burn a lot of fuel on the weekend

08.30.2011, 05:02 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, I ride myself and, believe it or not, I have seen other bikers smoking while riding. I always wondered what they do when the coal falls off in the wind, lol

enjoy the riding. I'm down for a bit, gotta get the money for new forks, mine are pitted bad and leaking like a sieve. Or I might just trade it in for a newer one. Gotta get the money first, lol.

08.30.2011, 10:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Meh if its just the seals it shouldnt cost much. Im not sure how bad your problem is but if you get a card (old bank cards are good) cut into a j and run it inside the seals it will pull out any dust and goop from inside and stop it. Sounds silly but ive seen it work before, mostly on bishriding trips but I saw it done to a vstar once. Anyways without smokes I can buy a rocket3 triumph

But ill still love my dr650 (sophie). I want the engine rebored to 780 a powerpipe and new carby, maybe a new engine head to but I dont think they make them to fit 650's seeing as 650single cylinder bikes arent anywhere near as common as those horrible 2stroke 250's (personal opinion). I want the fastest DR in Australia lol. 160km/h is her top speed at the moment but it seriously wasnt made for that, 140 at least wont blow up my engine. I do like fast. Hate sports bikes though. Ninjas and cbr's make me want to vomit, its like "look at me im vin bloody deisel becuase I got a flashy bike". Dirt trail endurance and to a lesser extend motorcross all have practicsl use but for the road tourers and roadster cruisers methinks are the way to go.

What have you got mate? I could rattle on about bikes for hours lol

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 08.31.2011, 06:55 AM.

08.31.2011, 06:41 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

83 Honda 650custom... it isn't just the seals as they have been replaced already. The bike was previously owned by a guy that lived near the sea and the forks got pitted and THAT is the problem. I let my son try it around the block a few days ago and now I've got a puddle around the base of the front tire. I'm sure that the extreme heat around here has a lot to do with the oil puddle, lol

08.31.2011, 10:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Hmmm new forks is a bit of work, personally id trade it for a triumph but hey im in love with the rocket3. 2300cc 3 cylinder vertical in line engine. But Vtwins DO look sexy. Vstar 650's are decently priced, and easy to customize, and i think there reliable. But mostly plastic lol. Id imagine you have more knowledge on this subject though so I dont want to sound over opinionated.

09.01.2011, 07:00 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks