QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Film 4:Ghibli Season (UK+Ireland)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Film 4:Ghibli Season (UK+Ireland) Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Film 4:Ghibli Season (UK+Ireland)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just to let anyone living in the UK or Ireland know, there is a Ghibli season starting on Film 4 on Saturday the 10th of December 2011. At the moment only Ponyo and Princess Mononoke have been listed, but their listings end the day Mononoke is on so more should be listed soon. Anyway, i thought id let ye know seeing as i agonisingly missed it the last time it was on about a year and a haf ago

Saturday 10th December: Ponyo 18:55
11th: Princess Mononoke 16:40

11.27.2011, 06:11 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wah that sounds cool! I miss the days when they showed a ghibli every thursday night on t.v here...

Sadly though i was to young to stay up so late, so i could only do it during my school holidays...

11.27.2011, 08:05 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Full schedule (ill update times when they are announced)

10th: Ponyo-18:55
11th: Princess Mononoke-16:40 (subbed)
12th: Tales From Earthsea-16:25
13th: The Castle Of Cagliostro-16:45 (subbed)
14th: The Little Norse Prince (1968 )-17:10
15th: Only Yesterday-16:10
16th: Whisper of the Heart-17:05 (subbed)
17th: The Cat Returns-16:50 (subbed)
18th: Kiki's Delivery Service-16:25 (subbed)
19th: Laputa-16:25 (subbed)
20th: Pom Poko-16:15 (subbed)
21st: Nausicaa-16:00 (subbed)
22nd: Porco Rosso-16:55
23rd: I Can Hear The Sea-17:30
24th: My Neighbour Totoro-17:15
25th: Ponyo again-

im gutted Spirited Away isnt there, surely having it on Christmas day would have made more sense than putting on Ponyo again, but otherwise a brilliantly varied list of films. Cant wait

It looks like they are all going to be subbed im a bit disapointed because i was hoping to introduce a few friends to Ghibli but i know they wont watch with subs, but at least we will enjoy it more

Post last edited by captain george on 12.09.2011, 06:09 PM.

11.27.2011, 08:20 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm jealous now, that sounds like an awsome list. Especially since Horus, prince of the sun has never been screened here in Finnland

11.28.2011, 06:48 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The only reason I was able to watch "The Little Norse Prince" was because I bought a collection of Miyazaki's films...

If they ever put them out in a collection, I would buy a set of Ghibli's shorts in a heartbeat...

uh, the films not the underwear... lol

11.28.2011, 09:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Would these be listed on BBC iplayer?

11.28.2011, 11:37 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^
No, but if you live in the UK (or are sneaky/clever enough to edit your ip adress) then i think you could watch them on 4oD (4 on demand)

11.28.2011, 12:14 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That sounds so cool. Their is a few on that list I haven't seen yet. So glad I am British and live in the UK!!

THANK YOU FILM FOUR!!!!!!

Although I am annoyed they are not showing my all time favourite Howls Moving Castle!!!

Ohh well, I have it on DVD so I can watch it anytime I wan't!!! YAY can't wait till the 10th of december!!!

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 11.28.2011, 03:51 PM.

11.28.2011, 03:49 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow! I know Film4 have had Ghibli seasons before, but I don't think they've ever had this much in it. One problem is that in the past it's often been primarily dubs - do you know whether it's the same this time? And by the way, I don't think Film4 stuff does appear on 4oD...

11.28.2011, 04:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My grandmother was English, from around the Seven Oaks area... does that count???

sigh, didn't think so, especially when she married a Yank and lived in Saskatchewan where my mom was born.

Hey, I just realized that both of my Grandfathers were born in the US and moved to Canada...

Gran Jenkins, born Nebraska, moved to Sask.
Gran Husky (can't give that one out), born in Michigan and moved to Vancouver where I was begatten... lol

11.28.2011, 04:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Wow! I know Film4 have had Ghibli seasons before, but I don't think they've ever had this much in it. One problem is that in the past it's often been primarily dubs - do you know whether it's the same this time? And by the way, I don't think Film4 stuff does appear on 4oD...

Ya having actually looked at how it works, im next to positve you cant watch them on 4oD.... Sorry if i got anyones hopes up im getting so used to things like rte player that its nearly eliminated the need for television.... i assume that most of them will be dubbed to attract more views, but they had Nausicaa on with subs only back in September so there hopefully will be a good few subbed ones

11.28.2011, 05:10 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh well i have them all on dvd anyway.

11.28.2011, 06:15 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they at least have subtitles for some of the ones I haven't seen!

11.29.2011, 06:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

哎╮(╯▽╰)╭
sigh

I love Mononoke! But I'm not in UK.....

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

12.04.2011, 10:27 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
captain george
Ohmu

http://www.film4.com/minisite/studio-ghi...season-on-film4

Just the homepage for the Ghibli season there, if someone is from the UK could ye see what the deel-io is with the 'Film 4 on demand' thing up at the top of the page? i cant check it out myself because of the whole ireland thing :/

12.04.2011, 09:14 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
arren18
Administrator

It seems to me that it's a rental website, so pay-per-view, and not like 4oD or BBC iPlayer.

I'm annoyed there's still no information on whether to expect subtitles or dubs! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until nearer the time to find out.

12.05.2011, 07:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
captain george
Ohmu

What a dissapointment

12.05.2011, 07:13 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Your listing says subbed in many cases.

There have not been dubs of Only Yesterday and I Can Hear the Sea, I'm certain of that, so those will be in Japanese at least.

I don't know if Ponyo has been dubbed? I've still not seen it but would want to watch it in Japanese in any case.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.08.2011, 01:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
captain george
Ohmu

i know, i updated it when it was updated on the channel 4 listings site that they were subbed. The reason i didnt write subbed beside Only Yesterday and I Can Hear The Sea was because they had to be subbed, as you said, no dub done.

i suspect Ponyo will be in English, it doesnt say subbed beside it which it usually does on channel 4. The dub is actually surprisingly good for it, considering Noah Cyrus and Frankie Jonas were Ponyo and Sosuke, but it also has Liam Neeson, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchett doing voice-overs aswell. As far as i remember, it was done very well, but they murdered the closing song

12.08.2011, 02:00 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree they did ruin the end song!!

And yes ponyo is dubbed, I have it one DVD and it is dubbed, with the choice of subs!!!

12.08.2011, 02:27 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks