QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Neon Genesis Evangelion » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.25.05
Neon Genesis EvangelionPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aliceface Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello!

Is NGE any good?

I'd really like to see all the episodes but I don't want to buy the 1st DVD and get hooked and then have to fork out loads on the next 8!
So is it worth buying the much cheaper boxed set? Bear in mind I haven't actually seen any NGE yet...

06.25.2005, 12:26 PM Aliceface is offline   Profile for Aliceface Add Aliceface to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah definitely!
NGE first got me hooked onto anime haha
one of the best ever, it has all the comedy and drama
the more you watch the more you'll be sucked in

07.05.2005, 03:27 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
FLCL
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.25.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FLCL Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes it is.

Gainax gainax gainax

08.25.2005, 08:28 AM FLCL is offline   Profile for FLCL Add FLCL to your buddy list
balse
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.24.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by balse Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ive never seen the anime, but ive read the manga... up to 8 or 9. they're awesome!

09.25.2005, 01:40 AM balse is offline   Profile for balse Add balse to your buddy list Homepage of balse
project2501
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.16.05
  hi NGE fanaticsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

omg this anime is so cool. I have seen all dvds in the last 4 days. this Anime is sugoi . ^^ After i had seen the anime, i was running to the next mangashop and bought the manga. I think the end of "End of Evangelion" is awesome. It confused me little, but it was awesome. In each way it is an anime which is not able to miss in your collection.
btw: eva-01 is my favorite eva,
because it was cloned from Lilith. It is the only one which was cloned from Lilith. So it is the mightiest.

carpe noctem

09.29.2005, 03:18 PM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
Tsuko
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.29.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tsuko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's very good. I saw the movie at an anime festival and i didn't understand it much at first, but after watching tv series, it made more sense. Movie and series are both good. 8]

--------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

04.30.2007, 01:54 PM Tsuko is offline   Profile for Tsuko Add Tsuko to your buddy list Send an Email to Tsuko
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Depends.

What do you like about anime? What genre appeals to you? Do you prefer something you light or can you watch something that requires deeper thinking?

NGE is, technically, a mecha anime, in the sense that there are robots, and robot battles. But the story itself revolves around the characters, especially around the enigma that is Ayanami Rei, and who she actually is.

Bear in mind that towards the end of the series, the story shifts to a discussion on the dark side of everyone's past, and you see quite a bit of deaths, blood, murder, psychotic behaviour and the like. Also, the ending is rather confusing, and in fact, the NGE movie is what is now referred to as "the true ending".

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.01.2007, 08:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Roar makes good points, but even so I would still recommend that anyone who considers themselves an anime fan ought to see this series (and the movie) if not own it.

If you google all over the place for 'top ten anime lists' I'm sure this one will be up in the top 5 if not the top 3 anime of all time on mosts lists.

It really is a classic, particularly in the sheer depth and beauty of the characters and how, over 26 episodes they are all subtley revealed. Everything you see at the beginning in terms of the people is hidden, it all gets exposed slowly and it is very much worth the wait to find out the truth at the end.

I've watched it right through twice (and some episodes several times) and plan to do so again soon, it is that good.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.03.2007, 04:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it is, i have seen it run through twice and still enjoy it every time.

it does the little things perfect, all the subtletys are there, perfect for casual or the hardcore fan. it is a modern day classic. definity in the Anime Hall of Fame.(im not sure if their is an actually anime hall of fame, if not their is one now and NGE is the first entry.)

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.03.2007, 04:55 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Roar makes good points, but even so I would still recommend that anyone who considers themselves an anime fan ought to see this series (and the movie) if not own it.

If you google all over the place for 'top ten anime lists' I'm sure this one will be up in the top 5 if not the top 3 anime of all time on mosts lists.

It really is a classic, particularly in the sheer depth and beauty of the characters and how, over 26 episodes they are all subtley revealed. Everything you see at the beginning in terms of the people is hidden, it all gets exposed slowly and it is very much worth the wait to find out the truth at the end.

I've watched it right through twice (and some episodes several times) and plan to do so again soon, it is that good.

Yep, Saddles is always going on about how marvellous this series is!

So much so, that he wants me to watch it with him over one long weekend!

I'd better bring a case load of beer with me, as Saddles loves to get bladdered!

05.03.2007, 05:58 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

Yep, Saddles is always going on about how marvellous this series is!

So much so, that he wants me to watch it with him over one long weekend!

I'd better bring a case load of beer with me, as Saddles loves to get bladdered!

Get yerself a weekend free and get yerself up to my place. I've got a spare room! You will just love this series, its got everything.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.03.2007, 06:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks