QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Food that shouldn't taste great but does
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Food that shouldn't taste great but does » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Food that shouldn't taste great but doesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone have any strange combinations of food that sounds like it shouldent go but somehow does? i love vanilla ice cream and coco-pops but get strange looks whenever i make it... That said, i dont quite get how North Americans like bacon and pancakes together Anyway, anyone else got some strange combos worthy of sharing?

12.13.2011, 10:14 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I was in Junior High (7th grade), I used to get the little dixie-cup of butterscotch ice cream at school lunch and put popcorn in it...

Prior to that, for a quick breakfast before school, if I was running late, I would sometimes take a half glass of milk, crack in two raw eggs, add a spoon of sugar and a bit of vanilla extract and stir vigorously with a fork, top off the glass with milk and chug it down...

Then, when I was in my mid-twenties, I used to make a quick meal of a can of pork n' beans. I'd heat it up and add a tin of water-based (not oil) tuna fish and stir...

I enjoyed all of the above...

12.14.2011, 12:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love butterscotch ice cream and popcorn! I thought I was the only one.

And I love that milk and eggs idea husky. I just might drink that as a protein drink while I'm in college. Does it taste good?

Post last edited by on 12.14.2011, 11:35 AM.

12.14.2011, 11:33 AM  
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I sometimes make a Ghastly combination of Tuna and Sugar, It doesnt taste that bad to my taste buds but im sure it cant be good for my body.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 12.14.2011, 11:39 AM.

12.14.2011, 11:39 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, everyone thinks I'm a total weirdo for loving cheese and jam rolls. Cheese and apple also go very well, though not in a roll. I grew up thinking these combinations were normal. o_o; Lol. xD

Cheese goes well with sweet stuff in general, far as I can see. Honey, nutella... But like I said, people find it really weird.

Apart from that, I don't eat anything especially weird. I do like trying strange things out though.

My Anime List

12.14.2011, 12:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ I tried a cheese,banana,nutella,peanutbutter sandwich a while back... doesn't taste too bad

12.14.2011, 02:49 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cheese slices are quite often served with apple slices...

As for how the egg drink that I made tasted, it must have been good. What kid willingly consumes something that doesn't taste good... lol

No, really, I liked the taste... Don't overdo with the vanilla extract, tho...

12.14.2011, 06:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone ever have pigs feet? sounds and looks disgusting but they are quite nice... i never thought custard and mince pies could work but they go really well together..... Some of yer stuff is genuinly disgusting lads

Post last edited by captain george on 12.15.2011, 02:41 PM.

12.15.2011, 02:41 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rice and chocolate.

Donuts dipped in chicken curry.

And the all-important tradition of coffee/tea with pepper/salt/vinegar/sugar/milk/ketchup/whatever dare drink.

Yeah.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.19.2011, 12:32 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

OK., Roar, you're nuts... lol

12.19.2011, 05:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But WHY?!?!?!

Okay except for the last one, I forgot it was supposed to taste great (mish-mash obviously does NOT), but rice and chocolate is rather okay, and donuts are essentially bread anyway, and the sugar just sweetens the curry.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.20.2011, 12:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
But WHY?!?!?!

Okay except for the last one,

THAT's what I'm talking about!!! lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.20.2011, 01:29 AM.

12.20.2011, 01:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tomato Ketchup on a sandwich.

12.27.2011, 04:43 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
Tomato Ketchup on a sandwich.

added to the sandwich as a condiment or just a tomato ketchup sandwich?

12.27.2011, 06:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Added to a sandwich sounds normal. Or like dipping in ketchup.

I like to eat apple slices with a bit of salt and lemon juice sprinkled on top and poached chicken together. People think it's weird but sooo good.

Pasta and rice... I know. Sounds so pointless but it's good.

12.30.2011, 06:04 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't judge me on this but melted chocolate on chicken is rather tasty. I was at a party once and there was a chocolate fountain (You can probably guess what happened next). Anyway I was dared by one of my friends to pick any of the food on the buffet table and dip it into the chocolate and eat it. I have never been one to back down from a dare (Unless it is rediculously stupid or dangerous) so I picked up the most rotten thing you could think of to go with chocolate just to show them I could do it and low and behold it was some chicken..... and well you know the rest LOL!!!!

02.06.2012, 03:08 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:

Pasta and rice... I know. Sounds so pointless but it's good.

No different to, me at least, than beans and rice...

Chocolate chicken??? hmmm, sounds interesting...

02.07.2012, 09:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like to get a crusty loaf from our village bakery (still warm) cut two generous slices spread with butter then put
slices of black bomber cheese,morello cherry conserve and
thin slices of onion I have this sandwich with a mug of tea
PURE AMBROSIA.
regards J.

07.24.2014, 04:08 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have not tasted this since class 5[almost 10 years ago] but i liked to eat two slices bread one with butter and other one with orange jelly and sandwich them.

tasted awesome as far as i remember.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.24.2014, 06:34 AM.

07.24.2014, 06:33 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

@savior...
Much like a peanut butter and jam sandwich... good.

I read a lot and one author I read, Sue Grafton, and her novels about a female private detective named Kinsey. In them, Kinsey frequently mentions that her comfort food is a peanut butter and pickle (bread and butter style) sandwich.

I read about this so much that I tried it one day. It really wasn't so bad. One of my favorites is a cheese and onion sandwich made with sharp cheddar. Doesn't make me too popular in a crowd though, lol.

07.24.2014, 11:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks