QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Art Competition 2012!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Art Competition 2012! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
Art Competition 2012!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As some of you might recall I started an Art Contest thread many years ago when I didn't know that the month of May is previous to the month of June, apparently. And, well... it kind of SUCKED. So, now I have decided to redeem myself by making a much better one. I'm going to go over a few things first.
Artwork of any medium may be entered.
You can submit up to 3 works.
You need a title for your piece(s).
It must be created 100% by you.
Other than that...yeah.

Ranking will take place in a separate thread where there will be further briefing. Everyone gets to rank the artwork (and yes, you can rank yourself).
I haven't decided on a deadline when the art should be in yet, but I'm thinking sometime in late February or early March.
Basically, just upload your art to this page, give it a title and your set! (though, if you have problems uploading it I would not be the one to ask for help)
I'm thinking there will be around 4-6 winning pieces depending on how many entries there are and will proceed with saying that I thought this would be a cool way to kick off the NEW YEAR! Happy 2012 Taverners!

Oh, and BTW I'm entering this time, so... Watch Out!!

Whoever comes in first place will be honored with the title of Ghibli Tavern Art Champion 2012!!!

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 01.03.2012, 09:28 AM.

01.03.2012, 01:03 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds good, I'll probably get an entry in.

My Anime List

01.03.2012, 03:27 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds great! Definitely taking part to this And I have so much time to plan a ghibli mastepiece!

01.03.2012, 04:53 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can we enter art of any subject? Also can it be done by a painting software?

01.03.2012, 11:18 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah... Well, I think so. It depends... Can you be a little more specific?

Check out my music:

01.03.2012, 09:49 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can the entry be any subject, not just Ghibli. And can it be done in a computer software like photoshop/Gimp/Paint.net
Is that better?

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 01.04.2012, 10:51 AM.

01.04.2012, 10:51 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It does say that any art medium may be used. It follows that digital art is allowed.

My Anime List

01.04.2012, 01:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it doesn't have to be Ghibli or anything, or I would have stated that. Digital art is fine. Art of basically any medium is allowed. Even sculptures or models, i suppose. As long as it's ART. I think photos/literature are the only things that don't really apply here.
Oh, and one more thing! It doesn't have to be artwork done specifically for this. Even if you made it a long time ago, I'd still take it. But, if you are submitting three, I would suggest that you have at least one recent piece.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 01.16.2012, 11:38 AM.

01.05.2012, 12:33 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

People with Hats

I drew this a really long time ago, but I thought it might be worth entering.

Check out my music:

01.16.2012, 11:48 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
hopexx5
Totoro

Well im not sure if this fills in the requirements but what the heck ill post it anyway to revive the topic.
Its been edited in a photo editing software to make a simple gaming screenshot look like an aging relic from the loft, with an equally age suggesting sentence.

Taken from Aurans Trainz 2009 train simulator, i think most of you know i use this now.
I would post up a sketch but i haven't got any photo's of subjects that i feel worthy of posting.

Okay the locomotive is not scrapped its still with us at didcot..

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 02.19.2012, 07:14 PM.

02.18.2012, 05:31 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks