QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Just a random Question (1)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Just a random Question (1) Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Just a random Question (1)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was wanting to know what you would do if you lost something/someone very dear to you. I just want to know how you would feel, the actions you would take, and how you would get over it. So anyone?

01.11.2012, 11:53 PM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In my case it was the death of my mother. This was in '05 just after I got back from visiting my daughters family in Saudi Arabia. My sister called me up one morning and told me that mom had died during the nioght so I drove the 100 miles or so to her.

She was still in the bathroom on the floor and my sister kept wanting me to go in there and say goodbye, but I refused. Now understand this, my sister was an RN who had worked with terminal cancer patients and so was somewhat used to the death and dying of people that she had come to know. My feelings were that I wanted to remember mom as she was alive, not crumpled up on the floor. My sister and her friend, also an RN, would go in there and sit and hold mom and talk to her and the police finally came and told my sister that mom HAD to be picked up by a mortuary NOW! By this time it was abt 4 or 5 in the afternoon and I had gotten the call abt 9am. My sister just didn't want to let go...

For me, Mom was 78 and had a series of cumulative medical problems over the last few years, but was still active and getting around. When i had returned from Saudi Arabia just 9 days before her death she had driven her car out to LAX airport, with its horrendous traffic, and picked me up! That was incredible to me...

When the mortuary wagon arrived, I went out back into the parking lot and meditated until they had taken mom's body away...

A few days later, the people who lived at the retirement complex hosted a farewell party for her and I delivered a eulogy for Mom. When I returned from KSA I had spent the night at moms place before going home so I had a good visit shortly before her death, which was good. hahaha, i had even helped her with a computer prob she was having.

I still miss her...

01.12.2012, 04:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mine is far less extreme, From a certain point of view. It normally involves the demise of a train i like, or an accident involving one.

My response is normally a silent depressed session, where i will just get on with what im doing. But in far less happy spirit naturally.

01.12.2012, 11:06 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When my brother died, i tried to make sure that my parents and other brother dealt with the situation as best they could. i also made sure the friends he left behind felt like they weren't being forgotten about by our family, it was a big shock so it would have been easy for us to only think about our own grief rather than theirs as well. i didn't take time for myself to get over it, i felt like other people needed my attention more, and its only recently that the whole thing has started to effect me, so i regret the way i went about it personally, i dealt with it as a problem more than a loss, and i should have focused on getting my self right before making sure everyone else was ok... Meh, cant change anything now so there isnt much point worrying about it, but there's always going to be some amount of regret over it :/

01.12.2012, 09:55 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
PrettyKittyMeowMeow
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just thought I'd ask.
See my aunt who I love almost passed from cancer a few weeks ago. The only difference between her being a mom as opposed to an aunt was that she didn't give birth to me. She had always told my sisters and I that we were the daughters she never had.
I went to her for everything, even the small things. I was always like the black sheep of the family but with here I was oddly accepted. I don't know what I'll do now that she is gone. I know I can go on, I want to be like her more than anything else in this world.
I know it sounds bad, but its nice to know that you have people who know what your going through. sympathizing...ya know?

01.13.2012, 01:56 AM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm of an age (65) where death is a great possibility. I went to the hospital abt a month ago for a rapid heart beat and will wear a heart monitor for a month starting at the end of this month. I abused my body thru the years with heavy lifting, not eating healthily, and just generally not taking care of myself. My primary concern was taking care of my family and raising my kids of whom I am proud.

If I died today, the only regrets i would have is not seeing my grandkids grow up although Ranya is 16 now.

01.13.2012, 03:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
Mine is far less extreme, From a certain point of view. It normally involves the demise of a train i like, or an accident involving one.

My response is normally a silent depressed session, where i will just get on with what im doing. But in far less happy spirit naturally.

I feel ya there. A couple years ago Metrolink decided "oh, sure, let's axe weekend service!" Next thing you know, my line's down to three badly-timed round trips, a few not going by my usual crossing.

Then they decided to turn every crossing into a Quiet Zone, Amtrak buggered up its schedule and nixed some midday service as well, and this beautiful wood bridge along the coast got replaced with an eyesore of a concrete bridge.

This all comes at a time when I'm trying to rise above angsty, combative fellow railfans who want to use me as some kind of "god warrior" or something.

ADW: Glad that whole ordeal is all over...

01.13.2012, 10:47 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am rather lucky that I haven't had anyone close to me pass away since I was 4 and I am 17 now so I can't really remember what happened, and at the age of 4 I would not have had any idea as to what was going on... well not properly anyway, but now I am older and have a full understanding of death, my experience would be totally different. As to say how I would act is an impossibility for me, I can't say what I would do unless I have experienced soemthing like that, I could say one thing but do another when in that sort of situation.

01.22.2012, 03:42 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks