QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Just a Random Question (10)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Just a Random Question (10) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Just a Random Question (10)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What was your first ghibli film?

01.29.2012, 05:38 PM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i had to take compulsory Japanese lesson's for half a year in school. i hated it, nothing about it appealed to me. The teacher was Japanese and tried to get our class to watch Spirited Away, but nobody liked it so after 15 minutes of it she switched it off and we ended up watching a Japanese comedy called 'Waterboys' instead. About a year and a half later i was chatting up a girl, and i wanted to sound more cultured, so i said i loved learning Japanese and Spirited Away was great. She ended up actually watching it and got back to me saying she wanted to talk about it, so i was forced to watch it to avoid sounding like a douche. Best lie iv ever told

So in short, Spirited Away

01.29.2012, 06:36 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

'Spirited Away' may have been the first, but I am not really sure because I have seen a few of them on TV.
The very first 'anime' that I ever saw was "Alakazam the Great" at the drive-in theater in the 60's. I now have a DVD of Alakazam...

01.29.2012, 11:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mine was Kiki's Deliveries

01.30.2012, 02:41 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Princess mononoke.

(watching it now infact)

01.30.2012, 12:15 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spirited Away!!!! I immediately fell in love with Japanese Animation and can't get enough of it since!! LOL

02.01.2012, 04:18 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Laputa. And i'm so glad it was.

02.01.2012, 10:53 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
PrettyKittyMeowMeow
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spirited Away. My mom was at Hastings entertainment for movies and called us to see what movie me and my sister wanted. We said an anime film and that's what she got.

02.02.2012, 01:19 AM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks