QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - A superb anime-ish flash MTV
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General A superb anime-ish flash MTV Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  A superb anime-ish flash MTVPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Found this Chinese flash movie while surfing the web. While it is not an anime, its atmosphere, character design, and the backgrounds are obviously influenced by the works of Mamoru Oshii and other animes. The quality and the general feeling of the movie is superb, considering that this is only a flash movie (in fact this is one of the best swf I have ever seen ). Much of the work has been put into the effects to give it a proffessional look. Really worth to give a shot.

http://file2.flash8.net/swf/flash/2005/5/31/tattoo529.swf
TATOO 刺青之《解夏》, by the team of ITS Cartoon

07.05.2005, 10:14 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
randorp
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by randorp Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its kinda wierd sence i cant read the subtitles or were there any? the load took a while (25mins)

I think it reminded me of "Gost In The Shell" ;blured background, zooming in on stuff, and hi-def people

Any way i thought it was pretty cool

07.11.2005, 08:02 PM randorp is offline   Profile for randorp Add randorp to your buddy list Send an Email to randorp Homepage of randorp AIM Screenname: FireFox1012
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Ghost in the Shell" is one of the masterpieces of Mamoru Oshii. The dark and uninteresting general tone together with the CG background is certainly an echoe to the master's works. For the character designs, I find them quite similar to those of Jin-roh, another famous Oshii work.

The subs are in Traditional Chinese. So if your computer neither have a Chinese working environment nor a Chinese language pack, most probably you won't be able to see the words properly. But the words are only for the song, and have not much to do with the animation itself.

07.11.2005, 08:20 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hehe niice, didn't flash was capable of handling animation like that

nice music vid, too bad i cant read chinese now ><

*thumbs up*

07.13.2005, 03:12 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO
hehe niice, didn't flash was capable of handling animation like that

nice music vid, too bad i cant read chinese now ><

*thumbs up*

Yea the quality is really surpisingly good for a flash-based animation . I wonder if they made certain parts (esp the 3D ones) by some proffessional applications, and wrote some special plugins for their flash to import those parts into the flash movie.

07.15.2005, 06:47 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
TheBrokenMany
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.03.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TheBrokenMany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I guess I am a bit too late the link has already dissapeared.

11.03.2005, 11:05 PM TheBrokenMany is offline   Profile for TheBrokenMany Add TheBrokenMany to your buddy list Homepage of TheBrokenMany
hakito
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.30.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hakito Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by TheBrokenMany
I guess I am a bit too late the link has already dissapeared.

Yeap, 404 for me too

01.02.2006, 03:22 AM hakito is offline   Profile for hakito Add hakito to your buddy list Send an Email to hakito
Jiji
Oldie newbie

You can find an archived copy here
http://flash.onlinedown.net/swf05/upflas...05311934007.swf

01.03.2006, 02:35 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well wats th flash about then?

01.14.2006, 09:38 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
well wats th flash about then?

Only the creators know, but everything is open to the audience's interpretation. Generally you expect an MTV to emphasize less on structure and continuity, while more on feeling and atmosphere, as in Miyazaki's On Your Mark.

01.14.2006, 10:31 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Only the creators know, but everything is open to the audience's interpretation. Generally you expect an MTV to emphasize less on structure and continuity, while more on feeling and atmosphere, as in Miyazaki's On Your Mark.

if u want a really good movie on feeling and atmosphere, look for "Requiem For a Dream". its a pretty f*cked up movey, but is reallly good. im not sure if u can download it or not

Post last edited by I-B4-E THUG on 01.14.2006, 11:25 AM.

01.14.2006, 11:24 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
if u want a really good movie on feeling and atmosphere, look for "Requiem For a Dream". its a pretty f*cked up movey, but is reallly good. im not sure if u can download it or not

I urge NOBODY to watch this movie!! It is, without doubt, one of the worst films OF ALL TIME!! The plot is poor and pointless, the characters are weak and have no depth or personality, it is nothing but a self indulgent piece of rubbish written by someone desperately trying to justify a wasted life!
DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE, DON'T WASTE TWO HOURS OF YOUR LIFE THAT YOU'LL NEVER GET BACK ON THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!!
(No offence thug!)

06.17.2006, 07:16 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol@sen

requiem of dream was an interesting movie i thought
it does seem kinda pointless, the movie follows some lifeless people.. or crack-addicts, but nverhtless it was entertaining

though i was left with a disgusted feeling at the end

06.17.2006, 10:07 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks