QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Pony Thread, Anyone?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Pony Thread, Anyone? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

02.28.2012, 10:29 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, ClarissaElisa... was that a good sigh or a sad sigh??? lol

OOPS, that was my sigh... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.17.2012, 07:07 PM.

02.29.2012, 02:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i always find myself questioning my sanity when the theme music plays..... But the plot is so good its insane

03.01.2012, 09:43 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
[picture]
i always find myself questioning my sanity when the theme music plays..... But the plot is so good its insane

I know right...to keep my sanity I usually skip the themesong.

However, the plot...the plot is amazing! All the plot!

It's just...20% more Twilightlicious than anything else. EVER.

Post last edited by AmtrakDesertWindrider on 03.15.2012, 01:25 PM.

03.15.2012, 01:25 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

03.16.2012, 08:33 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what is it with my little ponies and teens/adults? My daughter had a 17 yr old guy friend that watches MLP. & before anyone wonders...hes straight & doesn't have a sister. I asked him why he like MLP and all he could say was it's funny and it passes time.

This is the MLP I grw up with...I still have some of the toys

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.17.2012, 06:53 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

here's another one...

03.17.2012, 07:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet
what is it with my little ponies and teens/adults? My daughter had a 17 yr old guy friend that watches MLP. & before anyone wonders...hes straight & doesn't have a sister. I asked him why he like MLP and all he could say was it's funny and it passes time.

Eyyup, a typical brony in a nutshell. It actually spread predominately through youtube culture like wildfire, and was well-written, appealingly-animated, and interesting enough that it stayed.

quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet

This is the MLP I grw up with...I still have some of the toys

That's also the MLP that Lauren Faust, who basically spearheaded the first season of production of the current series, grew up with. Most of the modern characters have some foundation in the '80s series.

Check out her work at http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com.

Also, if you look very, VERY closely, you'll see plenty of Hayao Miyazaki homages. A friend of mine found a Spirited Away reference the other day, actually.

Post last edited by AmtrakDesertWindrider on 03.21.2012, 12:47 AM.

03.21.2012, 12:46 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
here's another one...

Ha ha, the Luna has been DOUBLED!

Post last edited by AmtrakDesertWindrider on 03.21.2012, 12:51 AM.

03.21.2012, 12:50 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

03.21.2012, 09:43 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
captain george
Ohmu

^^^^^
Brilliant

03.21.2012, 12:46 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
OK,OK...

Here's my contribution..... see the purdy hoofies......

sigh....

Ok.. this is the biggest example of animal cruelty possible!

03.21.2012, 04:48 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ A bit of an exaggeration. Not saying I agree with painting your pony pink, but yes, exaggeration.

My Anime List

03.21.2012, 04:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

There was a guy in southern Calif that colored his donkey pink and put it on roller skates and it would skate around the outdoor cement rink that he had. The kids loved it and would skate around with it. (I say it because I can't remember offhand if is was a male or female) This was back in the 50's-60's

The horse in the picture is nothing. Look at what some people do with their dogs and cats!!!

03.21.2012, 05:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

I know, this thread is SOOO AWESOME!

03.22.2012, 10:35 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As Husky pointed out in another thread, at least this is better than beating a dead horse.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.22.2012, 12:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

03.22.2012, 01:19 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Here, have some more ponies! ^_^

05.10.2012, 03:48 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
husky51
The Old Guy

a hungry pony...

05.15.2012, 02:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

...and an even hungrier pony...
(It's a link, BTW...)

05.16.2012, 01:16 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks