QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howl and Sophie
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Howl and Sophie Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Would you want to see Howl and Shophie again?
Yes
No
Results
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Howl and SophiePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, I’m sure posting on here won’t make any difference…BUT, I for one would absolutely, positively, LOVE to see Ghibli/Miyazaki make a film about the sequel to Howls Moving Castle -“House of Many Ways”. I believe it would be a money maker and they could make a fantastic movie from the book, just like they did HMC. I may be wrong, but I believe fans all around the world would go in droves to See Howl and Sophie again!? They could make it in memory of the author Diana Wynne Jones who died a year ago next month. Just an idea…

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

02.23.2012, 12:04 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello name i cant shorten or mash into an easier to type name Welcome to the tavern anyways, im sure ill get used to the name eventually

02.23.2012, 01:51 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

LOLPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks! The name, well, I am not only a huge Ghibli fan, but also a even bigger Jim Henson fan from WAY back. I have been using "Mokiepoet" for years. Mokie from Fraggle Rock and she was a poet. So there ya go

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

02.23.2012, 02:05 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I loved Fraggle Rock even more than my kids... lol And i can't remember that little Doozer's name... but she was adorable...

Welcome to the Tavern, MokiePoet

edit: found it... Cotterpin!

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.23.2012, 02:32 PM.

02.23.2012, 02:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dude, I ship that. 'course I'd like to see it again.

@George I think you could mash it down to MP, considering I'm ADW.

02.23.2012, 02:36 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have the whole series (+ the Muppet Show). My kids love them too! Course if they didn't I would have to disown them-LOL

02.23.2012, 02:44 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider

Or Mokie as I am Wiki, anyway I would love to see the sequel as long as Miyazaki does it, HMC is my favourite Ghibli film of all time and a sequel would be a blessing!

02.23.2012, 06:46 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider

You left the caps in, making it easier for whoever it was originally called you ADW. Now the name is yours forever

02.23.2012, 08:22 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wait, she died?!

Wow.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.24.2012, 04:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, she died last year (on my daughters birthday) of lung cancer. She was 76. I have about 15 of her books I think. She was a great writer- quite an imagination!

02.24.2012, 09:01 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Miyako
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.01.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes,correctly she died.
Yestrday I thought:Why not again read Howl's moving castle?

05.07.2013, 04:21 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
CaM
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.23.13
  Howl and Sophie again <3Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by CaM Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh my god I didn't know she died
By the way, I also would REALLY LOVE to see Howl and Sophie again D: I love this couple

05.23.2013, 01:28 PM CaM is offline   Profile for CaM Add CaM to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, CaM...

We all hope you enjoy it here...

05.23.2013, 01:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyako
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wellcome to Tavern CaM!Have fun....

05.23.2013, 03:32 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
CaM
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by CaM Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much everybody! I always wanted to know other fan of Miyazaki and in particular of Howl's Movign Castle **

05.23.2013, 03:43 PM CaM is offline   Profile for CaM Add CaM to your buddy list
Miyako
Tanuki

05.24.2013, 04:14 AM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
emo-sea
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.23.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by emo-sea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ys they should definetly make a sequel to holw moving castle ! but before " house of many ways " their´s " castle in the air " wich isnt bad at all

05.26.2013, 01:45 PM emo-sea is offline   Profile for emo-sea Add emo-sea to your buddy list
CaM
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by CaM Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did u read the books?? I'm reading Howl's Moving Castle now, I like it very much!!! ** I can't wait to read all the 3 books **

05.27.2013, 09:28 AM CaM is offline   Profile for CaM Add CaM to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks