QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Art/Fanart
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Art/Fanart » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The fact he uses real rabbit fur put me off at once. Sorry, but the idea of making up a "room guardian" that has a crystal heart to give off protective energies inside your house while being covered in dead animal fur is a bit of a travesty.

I don't doubt his obvious skill, they're amazing models and beautifully made, I just wish he'd use fake fur.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.28.2014, 06:39 AM.

07.28.2014, 06:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What's wrong with rabbit fur? It's not like it's produced the same way as mink or fox, since rabbit meat is an actual produce sold and consumed by the masses. It's like saying there's something wrong with using cow or pig leather on our shoes and we should all use fake leather instead.

Just my opinion.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.29.2014, 03:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Surprised I never posted this before...

She did an alternate version of Princess Mononoke too~

My Anime List

11.08.2014, 09:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Both are cool, Kaz...

11.09.2014, 03:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's really good. Howl as a woman seems to work so well too...

I liked her male Cruella de Ville as well:

http://sakimichan.deviantart.com/art/cruella-444128049

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.09.2014, 05:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I adore her male Cruella de Vil. I think I posted it in the bishie thread a while back. She's done gender-swapped versions of a lot of Disney films, as well as those Ghiblis.

I saw this on DA's front page today. Cool style.

My Anime List

12.07.2014, 01:34 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, that is cool. It reminds me of a screen-printing style. Somehow the obvious 2-D graphics seem to emphasise the 3-D action in the figure. Too many fanart works try to make San pretty and cute but that one brings out the true nature of the character well.

12.07.2014, 09:16 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

More Mononoke. It's really well painted but it freaks me out, honestly. Scary eyes on both of them.

My Anime List

12.09.2014, 01:56 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

for sure, scary eyes... Well drawn and colored...

12.09.2014, 02:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This is really really good.

My Anime List

02.18.2015, 10:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

WOW.

02.19.2015, 06:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Is that supposed to be Lady Eboshi? I love the look in her eyes, so stern and watchful. Except for the falling Kodama and the wisp of smoke from the muzzle of the rifle, it almost looks like San and Moro's children have won the war.

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.19.2015, 01:07 PM.

02.19.2015, 01:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

To me it's just summarizing the general theme of the movie - nature and forest spirits vs technology and humans.

02.19.2015, 07:24 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

That could be from the dead ( ? ) Kodama's and/or the twig covered rifle...

02.19.2015, 10:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My Anime List

02.24.2015, 03:31 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ahhh, those are all amazing. I adore the expression on Haku's face, and Howl's.

I assume the Haku picture depicts the end of the film when their hands let go and he tells Chihiro not to look back *wipes away tear*

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.24.2015, 05:41 PM.

02.24.2015, 05:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok, I really LOVE the style of this one.

Dear lord, I could look at Ghibli fan art all day.

05.25.2015, 08:01 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Amen to that, my friend...

05.25.2015, 10:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Especially for Saddles.

My Anime List

06.03.2015, 02:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Good depiction...
I like the apparent depth...

06.03.2015, 04:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks