QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Art/Fanart
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Art/Fanart » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.20.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NausicaaLover Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by
husky51

Welcome to the Tavern, NausicaaLover. Hope you like it here....

Thank you, I already feel like home in here.

06.26.2013, 07:44 AM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I just found a new artist to love.

My Anime List

06.28.2013, 10:11 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, yes, Malcolm McDowell as Howl. Now that would be a deliciously tortured live action movie (if McDowell was 40 years younger)

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.03.2013, 05:52 PM.

06.28.2013, 12:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He would have been perfect for the part...

06.28.2013, 01:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looking again at that portrait of Howl Kaz put up, there's something of the drugged up rock and roller look in those eyes. I can see a bit of Marc Bolan in there, maybe Mick Jagger or Keith Richards at the end of a gruelling tour.

They're really haunting eyes.

I love the pic, thanks for posting Kaz.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.28.2013, 06:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.20.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NausicaaLover Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You got it all right. Guess I should try to think of something harder next time

06.28.2013, 11:09 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by NausicaaLover
You got it all right. Guess I should try to think of something harder next time

Hey, wrong thread.

06.29.2013, 12:30 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Every time you guys post a ghibli girls photo i thinks is there no ghibli boys edition

there is [don't know if you guys have seen it]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.03.2013, 12:33 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It... it just doesn't look as good without this...

07.03.2013, 01:16 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I can't identify any of them. Why are they in modern school uniform?

07.03.2013, 05:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really, Saddles? It's Howl (who else?), Tombo (glasses and rolled up trousers), Pazu (goggles), Haku (hair), Ashitaka (rugged boots. That's a nice touch) and Seiji (again, hair).

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.03.2013, 05:59 PM.

07.03.2013, 05:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't feel bad, Saddles. I couldn't figure them out myself....

Thanks, Kaz... You young'n you... lol

07.03.2013, 10:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Too bad Asbel isn't here...

07.04.2013, 02:12 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

After I posted I got Howl, Tombo and Pazu, but I really did miss out on Ashitaka's hair!

I guess men don't notice other men's hair much!

Strange how Tombo and Pazu are depicted so small when I think of them as being at least the same age as Seiji

07.04.2013, 07:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Pazu (goggles), Ashitaka (rugged boots. That's a nice touch)

+1

truth to be told i could not identify these two

thanks

@saddletank

i think ashitaka is almost unidentifiable

and i think pazu and tombo are like 12-13 where seiji is atleast 15.[i think that is when they start 7th grade wiki link]

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.04.2013, 08:45 AM.

07.04.2013, 08:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Seiji is 14, as is Shizuku, of course, we know this from what year of school they are in. I agree Pazu and Tombo are not given anything to measure their ages against but I see Tombo as older than Kiki and she was 13.

07.04.2013, 02:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Ohmu

I didn't realize that I never posted this here! I love this. My favorite San fanart. :3

07.05.2013, 10:08 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
saviour2012
Baron

it feels more aggressive or brutal

not like the original theme

but the artwork is gorgeous (from cgi angle)

07.06.2013, 02:38 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Ohmu

Who is the girl to the left of Arrietty?

07.14.2013, 07:42 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Beats me. Here's a much larger size of image, if anyone wants a better look.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.14.2013, 09:07 PM.

07.14.2013, 09:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks