QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What do you collect?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What do you collect? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
What do you collect? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had a friend over last weekend and she thought it was odd that I collect drinking glasses. My collection of glasses have characters I like on them. I have Carebears, Popples, Winnie the Pooh, Minnie Mouse, Garfield, Pak Man, Holly Hobbie, Betty Boop, Jungle Book and lots of Muppets. (I bought my dad a cool set of Star Trek glasses for his birthday.) I also have a small collection of lunch boxes; Betty Boop, Ozzy Osbourne and Muppet Show.
How about y'all?

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.19.2012, 09:23 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i used to collect coins. i had all the coins from all the European currency's, all of south Africa's Rand, most of the US dollar and a lot of random ones from around the place.

i stopped and gave my collection to someone a bit more serious about than me, i wasn't really into it but i seemed to keep getting the coins, somehow....

03.19.2012, 10:00 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ditto with the coins and paper money. Still have some of it around... I've collected swords and knives, still have a lot of them... and also Ertl die-cast banks in the shapes of cars and trucks. Bought one (a Texaco two axle tanker, 1925 Mack Bulldog) for $20 at a yardsale once and later sold it for $150 on eBay... Now I have a lot of banks that I give to my Grandsons on their birthdays along with something else of course.

03.19.2012, 10:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uhh... too long to list?

DVDs, CDs, toys, cards, coins, notes, metal bits, random stuff, books, comics, postcards... off the top of my head.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.19.2012, 11:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Uhh... too long to list?

DVDs, CDs, toys, cards, coins, notes, metal bits, random stuff, books, comics, postcards... off the top of my head.

+1

i do the same

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.19.2012, 12:05 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
HelloKittyCat
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.16.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HelloKittyCat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Along with general clutter, I collect coins, particularly old ones, interesting rocks, bookmarks, twigs from all over the world and keyrings

03.19.2012, 12:59 PM HelloKittyCat is offline   Profile for HelloKittyCat Add HelloKittyCat to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Make a wild guess.

Mainly railroadinia to be precise--I can count at least a hundred rail spikes (one or two even from the original 1891 extension of the ATSF Surf Line), a few O-scale models (the centerpiece is a #212E Lionel Alco PA), and an immense collection of HO-scale trains (best pieces there are a Walters F40PH, and IHC 0-8-0 shunter, and a Bachmann GP40-2). Beyond that, I have timetables, operators' manuals, and even a copy of the "General Code of Operators' Rules" which is the standard rulebook for U.S. railroads.

Aside fromt that, I've probably got two shelves' worth of British Literature (a growing collection, I may add), local transit memorabilia (Metrolink, OCTA, and MTS fares and timetables), and anime (mainly in the form of torrented videos courtesy of a few friends).

03.20.2012, 03:18 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My youngest daughter is mad about trains! Her and my dad have a rather nice train set up w/ some antique track and engine/cars, a little town, trees the works! My dad made this really cool mountain w/ a tunnel through it & got her a special bridge w/ a little plauque w/ the name from a bridge in Ireland. They take it pretty seriously

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.20.2012, 04:09 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've got a train for ya...

I don't know if this is an actual train or something photoshopped... The single overhead wire gives me something to think about...

still...

03.20.2012, 06:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pigs.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.20.2012, 07:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mainly railway moddeling magazines of british origins.

03.20.2012, 07:39 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Uhh... too long to list?

I used to be the same way. I would collect basically anything I could get my hands on that was even remotely interesting. Over the years though I have gotten rid of all that stuff. It was starting to get out of control. I am kind of a pack rat.

Now the only thing I really collect is Studio Ghibli stuff, music CDs, instruments, ect., and an assortment of more personal stuff.

Post last edited by on 04.11.2012, 10:36 PM.

04.11.2012, 10:36 PM  
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

vintage fishing tackle.

06.05.2014, 08:55 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

anime

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.05.2014, 11:52 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I still have a lot of the stuff that I mentioned before, but now I collect items and information about the city I live in and the surrounding area. Most of the images that I have are photocopies and photo postcards, but I also glean info from sources like the high school annuals from our high school. I started back in 1904 and am up to the 1950's.

06.05.2014, 12:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I started back in 1904.

I didn't know you were THAT old.

06.05.2014, 12:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha, smart aleck...

No, I get the annuals from the reference collection at the public library and I am allowed to bring them home to glean information from them, some of which I then put into my laptop collection, or make photocopies of. I like to get together with others who do the same in my area. I spent 4 hrs yesterday chatting with an old friend and discussing different aspects of our local history.

I realize that comparing our history to that of Europe is like comparing a marble with a basketball. You just have so much more of it there than we do here. I fell jazzed finding things from the turn of the century in 1900. I find out things that happened locally and realize that, whoa!, That was before Custer's Last Stand, or before Geronimo was captured.

06.05.2014, 12:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I collect:

Comics
Books
DVDS
Steelbooks
Blu Rays
Pokemon Toys
Pokemon Plushes
T Shirts
Posters
Games
Consoles
Canvas's
Coins
Pokemon Cards
Star Wars figures
Spider-Man figures
Magazines
Chilli Sauces (Yes, yes I do)
Cooking Books
Recipes
Cups from theme parks
Glasses
Shot Glasses
Mountain Dew bottles

06.09.2014, 06:17 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am aware, I may have a problem.

06.09.2014, 06:18 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Problem??? Problem???

NO, Spidey, you are way past the 'having a problem' stage... lol

06.09.2014, 07:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks