QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - whisper of the heart sequeal
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » whisper of the heart sequeal » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.11.12
  whisper of the heart sequealPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by violet616cfk Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

they should have a 2nd movie

04.11.2012, 12:14 PM violet616cfk is offline   Profile for violet616cfk Add violet616cfk to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

why?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.12.2012, 02:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, WELCOME to the Tavern, violet616cfk, welcome...

To be honest, Saddles, even though WoTH is probably my favorite Ghibli, I think that i would have liked to see a sequel just to see how Ghibli would have handled it. To see some of the highs and lows of The two kids struggle to acheive their goals... Would have been fun, IMO.

However, that being said, I strongly doubt that it will ever happen given Ghibli's lack of sequels in anything else... I just don't see it happening...

sorry, violet, but Welcome anyway and we hope that you enjoy the Tavern...

04.12.2012, 10:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was curious about Violet's reasons is all. I had my own you see...

Welcome to the Tavern Violet.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.13.2012, 01:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The manga has a sequel...

PS: sincere apologies for my extended absence. m(_ _)m

04.17.2012, 03:50 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And I'm sure that you had a perfectly good reason for the absence... Either way, It's good to see you again...

-------------------------
topic:

unfortunately, I can't find a book of WotH, much less a sequel. The one book I found is in Japanese...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.17.2012, 12:37 PM.

04.17.2012, 12:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Indeed, welcome back!

We missed you badly in a couple of recent interesting debates!

04.17.2012, 02:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And it seems like I got back just in time for the debates to be over, too. Oh well ^^||

My final exams went well, and now... *sniff*... I might just have to graduate! I think that's it for undergrad. Well I've had a pretty good run of it I must say, and I'm not entirely sad that it's over.

I wonder what I'll do next?

(back on topic)

Yeah, unfortunately the manga only seems to be published in Japanese. I think Roar had a translation going, though. It's not exactly the same as the movie, but not exactly different either

04.20.2012, 04:01 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er, the translation for that sequel was over and done years ago

On the debates, I think fen's line quoted in my sig sums it up pretty accurately.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.20.2012, 04:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Er, the translation for that sequel was over and done years ago

On the debates, I think fen's line quoted in my sig sums it up pretty accurately.

You did that? i read it, it was class, thankin you

04.20.2012, 11:19 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, where can I find this translation??? (probably real obvious, but I am me... lol)

04.20.2012, 03:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's on my Whisper website, husky. Or you can google it, since I'm the only one who did that manga.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.23.2012, 08:59 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I'll check it out much later today...

04.23.2012, 09:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Menithias
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.28.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Menithias Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli rarely make sequels. The closest thing so far is The Cat Returns, which had nothing to do with whisper of the heart, and a planned Porco Rosso sequel. Plus the director sadly died.

04.28.2012, 07:25 AM Menithias is offline   Profile for Menithias Add Menithias to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Tavern, Menithias...

04.28.2012, 12:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
demetrios
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by demetrios Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
a planned Porco Rosso sequel

Whoa! Didn't know about this.

04.28.2012, 08:34 PM demetrios is offline   Profile for demetrios Add demetrios to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by demetrios
quote:
a planned Porco Rosso sequel

Whoa! Didn't know about this.

Because it's not really happening

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.29.2012, 10:02 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks