QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Stories
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Stories » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.13.12
StoriesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by textynn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would like to suggest a story for Ghibli Studio. *The Forgotten Beasts of Eld* is a fantasy novel by Patricia A. McKillip. It was first published in 1974 (USA).

*The Forgotten Beast of Eld* was the winner of the 1975 World Fantasy Award. It was a nominee for the 1975 Mythopoeic Fantasy Award nominee and won the 13th place in the 1975 Locus Poll Award for Best Novel.

This is a story about a wizardess named Sybel who grows up with magical animals but does not know much about living with people. She lives in magical times and gets pulled into the war of men who want her powers but she will not involve herself. She stays with her magical animals and continues with her personal wizard's journey until she is brought a baby to take care of that is in danger because of these wars. There are strange and magical animals and Sybel actually rides a gold hungry dragon. She has magical powers and lives in a domed castle on top of a mountain.

No one has done anything with this very cool and rich story outside of the book itself and some fan art. I always wished to see it made into a movie. I am not affiliated with McKillip but I can't imagine that she wouldn't be thrilled to have Ghibili Studio bring her story to the big screen.

Anyway, it was a little fantasy I had to see Ghibli Stuido animate this awesome story so I thought I'd play sorcerer and see what I could cook up by planting ideas.

Ghibli Studio is pure magic and I want to thank all the people that do these beautiful works. Thanks. I've loved every minute and own all the movies.

PS Arrietty is beautiful. Such a pleasure for all.

06.13.2012, 02:57 PM textynn is offline   Profile for textynn Add textynn to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to disappoint you, but this is probably not the place to suggest a story to Studio Ghibli. Actually, I have no idea if there is a place for that. I'm sure it would be a good movie and everything, but unless you somehow have direct contact with the Studio it probably doesn't have much of a chance. And even then, they can't just create every movie somebody suggests, can they?

Or maybe I am not understanding this correctly. Do you simply mean to make a thread to imagine what the movie would be like?

Well, if that is not the case, then really this isn't the best place to come to if you want to get Studio Ghibli's attention.

Check out my music:

06.13.2012, 03:57 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks