QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Musicians?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Musicians? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Musicians?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, I was wondering whether anyone else plays instruments or composes here on Tavern? I mainly play Piano and Drums, but I mess around with a lot of other instruments as well.
This is me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6TLE_TxBk

So much for keeping my Identity a secret, lol.

The sound quality isn't great, because I'm playing in a small room on an electric piano, but meh.

Anyway, if people have anything to share, go ahead.

Check out my music:

08.09.2012, 02:16 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds good to me except for, as you say, the sound quality... On a bigger piano in an appropriate setting, it would sound better, I'm sure...
=======================
Me??? I once picked out a whole verse on a piano. single note of 'Sounds of Silence'... I was just goofing around and there was the piano, etc...

I do play guitar, but because of a messed up left fore finger, only play single note melody for my own enjoyment... I used to play a lot on a number of chord organs that I've had. Not the same as a 'real' instrument I know, but it was fun...

hmmmmm... think I'll see if I can find one.... it'll give me some keys to tap other than this computer, lol...

08.09.2012, 04:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

great music

does your keyboard has computer input[should have] record it in mp3 or wave some software supports soundfont too that has great audio quality but you have to convert it to mp3 anyway
midi is not very good

then mux it with your video you will have excellent audio quality

do you know how to read sheet music i am having a tough time understanding those

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.09.2012, 04:15 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uh....
I'm not sure I understand what you mean in the first paragraph? Or if I even have what's necessary to do what you suggested? Whatever it was you suggested exactly...
Something about recording software, mp3 conversion?
Yeah.

I'm confused.

Anyway, I can read sheet music, but I'm not great at it.
I'm still working on writing out this piece.

Check out my music:

08.09.2012, 06:47 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll have to give it a listen after. haha

Honestly, I'm not musically talented. Although I have great interest in creating music and think people who do are amazing... I suck. I suck so bad.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, can sing and play piano and guitar quite well. o_o; Sometimes I feel like choking him because he'll think he does bad. And he can also do rap (... never ask him to though). He usually gets to do solos when he performs in front of people with his choir. :B He's that guy who runs late every time and acts like a goof, so you don't initially take him seriously. Then he gets on stage and can blow you away (if he's nervous, it comes out better).

I can sing, but not especially well.

08.09.2012, 06:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, I laughed when you said he's better when he's nervous. I'm always nervous when I perform anything and it drives me crazy!! Most of the time I still do okay, though. It's just hope over time I can become a more relaxed performer, because I always do better when I am sitting all alone by myself.

Check out my music:

08.09.2012, 07:01 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tea Master Tall
Uh....
I'm not sure I understand what you mean in the first paragraph? Or if I even have what's necessary to do what you suggested? Whatever it was you suggested exactly...
Something about recording software, mp3 conversion?
Yeah.

I'm confused.

Anyway, I can read sheet music, but I'm not great at it.
I'm still working on writing out this piece.

i was sleeping when i wrote that post

I tried to say that record the music in computer
then mix it with the video then you will have excellent audio quality.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

08.10.2012, 01:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's pretty nice, Tea Master ^^ How long have you been playing?

Hehe, the paint can drumming is neat! You were so little! xD

08.10.2012, 06:36 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

@saviour2012
I'm not sure how I would go about recording it on the computer, but if I knew how I might try it I guess.

@fenkashi
I've probably been playing for about 3 years or so, now.
I used to take lessons when I was very small, but I didn't take them for very long before I ended up moving and getting a new teacher. So, not counting that I'd say about 3 years.

Lol, I was so young when I made that. Maybe I should try to upload a video of me drumming on an actual drum set sometime. XD

Check out my music:

08.10.2012, 11:35 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Tea Master Tall
@saviour2012
I'm not sure how I would go about recording it on the computer, but if I knew how I might try it I guess.

here is a link here you will find a possible solution

i like audacity i see my friends practicing with it

link

08.10.2012, 12:52 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can blow a whistle.

Does that count?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.10.2012, 01:57 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Instrument wise, I only play a little bit of keyboard.

What I love is to sing though. I sing all the time, every day. I have a couple of covers on YouTube.

My Anime List

08.10.2012, 03:12 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is really good!! It could be in a Ghibli film Keep it up. Do you want to make a living with your music?

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

08.12.2012, 11:03 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

@Saviour
I actually recorded the song recently on an actual piano in an area with better acoustics, so I'll probably upload that sometime.
@Roar
YES.
@Kaz
I would love to hear!
I sing too, I've been in a lot of musicals.
@Mokie
Thank you!
I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with my life... XD
I basically like everything to do with Art. Music/Drawing is probably what I'm best at, but I enjoy literature, theater and other art related stuff. I know whatever I do music will probably play a part sometime.
Haha. "Play a part". Get it?
Okay, yeah I'm dumb.

Check out my music:

08.12.2012, 10:58 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I compose too (: And I used to play electric guitar, though not much now since I don't have time for it... Actually, I'm pretty serious about composing. I've been studying it for maybe 3 years now, and I applied for different schools and stuff, though I wasn't accepted.
Anyways, Tea Master Tall, you're pretty good. Have you composed more pieces than this?

08.16.2012, 01:34 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

I have a lot of songs I've started and not finished, along with tons of half formed ideas, but this is the only song I've actually completed so far.
I'm working on it.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 08.23.2012, 12:51 PM.

08.17.2012, 09:12 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Classical guitar (non-professional) here - see my signature. And self-learning a little of piano now. I'm not musically gifted (poor hearing) but I enjoy playing. I don't usually compose, but I like adapting-arranging pieces for guitar.

08.24.2012, 07:46 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Okay, here is an optional recording of "Sanctum Pathway": http://tindeck.com/listen/snhq
That's cool Leonbloy, I've tried playing some guitar myself, but I'm not that good.

Check out my music:

08.25.2012, 08:22 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks