QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Totoro Blu-Ray owners?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Totoro Blu-Ray owners? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.27.12
  Totoro Blu-Ray owners?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pavelh Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi and thanks for reading my post!
I am looking for someone who's got the new blu-ray Totoro *1). There's supposed to be an english language track and I would like to know wheather it is the Fox dub *2), the Disney dub *3) or something new. Does anybody know, pls?
Many thanks to anyone who can kindly help!
Best regards,
Pavel

*1)
e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Neighbor-Totoro-Japan-VWBS-1355/dp/B007UMRRUM/

*2)
from this dvd:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51APAZ6HBHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

*3)
different DVDs available, one example here:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/m-p/mnt-cov.jpg

08.27.2012, 12:42 PM pavelh is offline   Profile for pavelh Add pavelh to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hello pavelh

welcome to the mysterious and artistic universe of Studio Ghibli

About Totoro Bluray . If it is from Disney then there will be disney dub. If it is new and says otherwise then it is fake.And fox does not hold any right to publish any media of ghibli right now so you can only get the fox dub from other possible sources(websites or old dvds) . hope it solves your problem.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.27.2012, 02:17 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
pavelh
Susuwatari

still looking and hopingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pavelh Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi saviour2012,
thanks for writing back, but I would still love to hear from someone who has purchased this blu-ray and I believe there must be someone like that here.
As to your deductions - fake/disney - the answer is: none (see link *1))
Thanks again and best regards,

PH

08.27.2012, 03:51 PM pavelh is offline   Profile for pavelh Add pavelh to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish that I could help you, pavel, but I don't have Blu-Ray myself. That being said,

Welcome to the Tavern. You are right, if anyone would know the answer to your question, then it should be someone in here...

Again, Welcome...

08.27.2012, 04:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's the Disney Dub they are using on the Totoro Blu-ray from Japan.

I have all movies that's out right now on Blu-ray from Japan, and if there is a English dub, It's from Disney.

08.28.2012, 08:04 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
pavelh
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pavelh Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your reply Skovgaard! And for the picture! What a beautiful collection this is
Many thanks for the info on the english dub. Personally I can't stand even 5 minutes of the Disney version but that's just my POV. I will still get the Totoro and Kiki when it gets released for the presumed quality of the picture. How would you rate the Totoro bluray? Is it good? The transfer, bonuses, etc. ? If you feel like it, snapping a pic of the list of bonuses would be very nice, but only if you're not too busy.

PH

Post last edited by pavelh on 08.28.2012, 12:21 PM.

08.28.2012, 12:20 PM pavelh is offline   Profile for pavelh Add pavelh to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The transfer is really good, they done a excellent job with this one, and the subs are really good, a lot better as the subs on the Disney dvd.

The Disney dub, is what it is, I prefer to watch them in the original language, with subs.

The extras are without subs, but here is a short list and a picture for you.

Special Features: storyboard, script, non-credit opening and ending theme, trailers.

08.28.2012, 02:25 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
pavelh
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pavelh Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you again Skovgaard! Very kind of you. I think I will make Totoro my first blu-ray. I've been thinking about replacing my DVD-ROM with a blu-ray for some time as the old hardware is not working well anymore. I think this blu-ray disk will be a very good start of my blu-ray era. Possibly the best :-)
Best regards and many thanks again,
PH

08.30.2012, 03:30 PM pavelh is offline   Profile for pavelh Add pavelh to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks