QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Japanese language
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Japanese language » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  ]
night_bird
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.03.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by night_bird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Japanese language is very complicated, especially the hieroglyphs But I still managed to learn a few conversational catchwords and phrases.

04.03.2018, 02:11 PM night_bird is offline   Profile for night_bird Add night_bird to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I might soon be doing a freelance project writing the material for an introductory Japanese course! For others who have studied it before - or even people who haven't - what would you expect to be the score of a course like this

04.08.2020, 03:39 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
So I might soon be doing a freelance project writing the material for an introductory Japanese course! For others who have studied it before - or even people who haven't - what would you expect to be the score of a course like this

I would like to know the following

Basic Conversation
Basic Direction
Money Related Talks
Haggling with seller
Common Food Items
Common items which is called different than other countries
Also maybe a little bit understanding how to read japanese, not going deep in the hiragana katakana kanji etc.

Kinda confused regarding what you mean by score? you mean the syllabus or the scoring of students?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 04.10.2020, 02:22 AM.

04.10.2020, 02:18 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, that was actually a typo. I meant to say scope.

Anyway, I think you pretty much answered my question. It's interesting that you mentioned a few specific situations. I'll try to think about how to incorporate that kind of thing.

04.10.2020, 03:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Oh, that was actually a typo. I meant to say scope.

Anyway, I think you pretty much answered my question. It's interesting that you mentioned a few specific situations. I'll try to think about how to incorporate that kind of thing.

cool let me know if need a beta tester, home office is saving a lot of my time

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

04.11.2020, 02:09 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

really wanted to learn the Japanese language, reading the comments here made me decide to pursue it.

09.24.2020, 08:17 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's great, romp! Let us know if you want pointed towards any good resources, I'm sure we've got a fair few between us.

My Anime List

09.24.2020, 09:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, that's good to hear! If there's anything you'd like some help or advice with, just say so.

09.25.2020, 04:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's weird watching Japanese animes translated to English.

09.29.2020, 09:50 AM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Having spent some time in Japan, I know a few...VERY few words of the language, but I prefer watching Japanese Anime with subtitles... I feel as though I get the sense of emotion (?) from the original words and get the gist of the dialogue in the subtitles.. I have watched a few of my anime in English and it just doesn't feel (?) right...

When I see a subtitle wording that gibes with Japanese words that I am familiar with, I get a feeling of warmth/gladness in hearing the familiar words , etc...

Best that I can explain it...

09.29.2020, 06:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is great, I've been wanting to learn Japanese for a long time

01.13.2021, 04:35 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
christremain99
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.10.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by christremain99 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The most widely spoken language in Japan is Japanese, which is separated into several dialects with Tokyo dialect considered standard Japanese. In addition to the Japanese language, Ryukyuan languages are spoken in Okinawa and parts of Kagoshima in the Ryukyu Islands.

06.10.2021, 01:08 PM christremain99 is offline   Profile for christremain99 Add christremain99 to your buddy list
[  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks