QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Neon genesis evangelion
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Neon genesis evangelion » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Roar quote:
"Now that we're talking scientific, here's a question: does the concept behind LCL seem remotely possible at all? Oxygenised liquid entering your lungs doesn't sound very safe, to be honest."

There has been experimentation with lab mice that were adapted to breathing in an oxygenated liquid and were functional. The mouse resisted breathing in the liquid at first as all of ua would, but once it had 'drowned' (so to speak) and started breathing in the liquid, it seemed to move around ok... I don't know if it was ever tried on other animals... going to look it up... later.

As for the liquid in our lungs, we had it as fetuses in our mothers womb... It didn't hurt us then. All the lungs would seem to care about is if there is oxygen on one side of the osmotic membrane that can pass thru to the other side to oxygenate the blood. I don't really think it would care much whether the oxygen came from a gas or a liquid.

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.18.2012, 11:20 AM.

10.11.2012, 05:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wild speculation about the technical details of science fiction is decidedly a good thing.

(Sincere apologies to the authors of the thread that I'm probably derailing and haven't even properly read.)

I think oxygenated liquid bath is probably a bad idea, not the least because free oxygen is a highly reactive, poisonous substance. We aerobic life-forms evolved to breathe it eventually, but even today many organisms will die when exposed to oxygen. And in high concentrations, it kills us too. Think bleach or strong hydrogen peroxide. Maybe that's why Ayanami has blue hair and red eyes? I see, it all makes sense now...

In the womb, gas exchange for the fetus is done through the placenta. The fetus breathes, but only to practice and strengthen its lung muscles (or so I've heard; I wasn't paying attention when I was a fetus).

But, it's quite possible that with the right compounds it would do the job without harm. The main idea behind gas exchange is swapping out O2 for CO2, so maybe an oxygen-loaded fluid that will only give up its oxygen in exchange for carbon dioxide could be brewed up, which would work fine in the lungs and also keep it from bleaching the victims *cough* I mean, pilots. Maybe someone's already found chemicals to do that and it's a solved problem, I don't know.

So, is it remotely possible? Probably yes. But is there something wrong with just filling the capsule with air instead? It seems simpler! And I imagine it would be hard to talk with your lungs filled with fluid, not to mention that movement would become awkward and sluggish. I can only conclude there's some reason it was absolutely necessary to fill the capsule up with liquid, and no simpler solution could be found. (Simple, practical, inexpensive, reliable solutions don't really seem to be NERV's problem-solving style, though).

Neural interface... Ethics aside, they definitely seem to have some bugs in their system. I really enjoyed the exchange in which the "Japan Heavy Chemical Industries" guy rips outrageously (in a Japanese indirect criticism way) into NERV's unreliable robot technology. Having to search for compatible pilots and finding only a few, indispensible, school-age children can serve the role would make most project managers think about running the robots on remote control instead. But I can only assume (NERV being NERV...) that, as in the other case, they already tried everything simpler and rejected all the sensible methods that sane people would think of. Or they have some darker, alternate scheme, and really the whole reason that the EVAs were designed this way is because Ikari Senior really did design the organization from the ground up for the sole purpose of tormenting his son. So far, this explains everything, including why the only other pilots are attractive females of his age.

Think about it.

More seriously on the topic of computing, saviour -- you must know that memory is a fundamental component of every system that can be called a "computer". (Turing himself proved that). But you're right that human memory is quite amazing... the limits of human memory capacity have stretched as far as researchers have ever had patience to search, although for most of us, accessing and indexing our memory is irritatingly difficult. It probably has something to do with combinatorial mathematics applied to the trillions of neural connections. That said, the exponential growth of computer memory has actually gone consistently faster than the (also exponential) growth of processing power, so some day technology may rival the brain. Software will continue to be a challenge.

But I should probably point out that quantum computing is fundamentally not the same as trinary computing (computing with 3 states: 0, 1, and 2). Trinary computing is fundamentally the same as binary computing, and as quaternary computing (4 states: 0, 1, 2, 3, which is how DNA does its computing). Turing proved this too. Quantum computing is different and can't be emulated by a binary computer. Neural computing is still an unknown but it's most likely not quantum, even though the architecture is very different than a silicon computer.

You've seen farther in the series than I have, so all I know about EVA's systems is that they interface with (that is, communicate with) the brain. I haven't seen them doing any reprogramming of it. Maybe that happens later on? So I can't comment much on that, but interfacing with the brain is a very different idea than rewiring it.

Now the less fluffy stuff.... Yeah! That concrete must weigh a lot, unless it isn't actually concrete but just looks like concrete. Tokyo 3 seems to employ enough parlour tricks already that I wouldn't put it past them to be making their buildings out of a sturdy lightweight foam. But assuming it is concrete... skyscrapers probably weigh between 50,000 to 200,000 tonnes (200,000 is a number I found for the Sears tower). The Sears tower is 440 m tall. Buildings in Tokyo 3 seem to be pretty tall too, and it's the future, so let's use the Sears tower as an estimate. So if we wanted to lift the Sears tower by 500m (its own height plus a little extra), it would take approximately one terajoule (10^12 J), if I did my calculation right.

In the show the buildings go up pretty quickly, but viewers are impatient, so let's say it takes about 16 minutes to elevate them the whole way, or 1000 seconds. Then it would take 1 gigawatt of power to lift the building, or the output of a large power plant. The world's largest nuclear power plant is 8 gigawatts and the Three Gorges Dam is 22 gigawatts.

They only need the power for less than an hour, so they don't necessarily need a plant that can generate all of the power all at once. But it's probably safe to assume that Tokyo-3 has a nuclear power plant underground, and for an hour a day it diverts its power output to lifting downtown. Either that, or they use counterweights.

I wonder how the pilot survives the g-forces being when the robot, catapulted up from underground, suddenly comes to a stop at the surface. Maybe the fluid bath in the cockpit was an attempt to address this problem?

Post last edited by Mush on 10.11.2012, 08:29 PM.

10.11.2012, 08:22 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah they have reprogrammed evas. Thats why there is a sync gauge that how much control pilots have over evas brain.

Now What alan turing said about computer is different than what it is today. According to him many things can be computer. Now computer does not mean input and output . it must be programmable in order to be a computer.

Now about memory. Memory does nothing in a computer. A cpu or processor has a set of instructions stored that does every thing in a computer. Guess what these sets has not been increased much in the 4 decades of computing. Memory only made it possible to calculate a large ammount of stored data and derive information from it. Lets give an example Imagine you are passsing a road a truck is coming you can see from a distance than how fast it is coming and is it safe for you to cross the road. To do that in a computer you need a lot of data and without gps( or a thing from which the computer can compute the relation(everything must be calculated relatively)) a computer cant calculate speed.Now for the increase of power of any computer you need to increase instruction sets. as for our brain each well defined memory acts as a instruction so basically countless unstruction for countless memory. And no computer could be ever created to outperform a brain. And dna etc are not computers these kind of things are only mechanisms for doing certain things. So trinary quarternary system does not exist is real world. (in my computer philosophy a computer is what charles babagges said a computer is than what alan turing saud. although akan turin is said to be the father of computer science and engineering)

I do not have time right now but u will elaborate the post later.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.12.2012, 01:34 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The use of certain 14 year old children is a very key plot point. They must be aged 14, no more, no less. And only very specific 14 year old children will do.

The year in which the story is set BTW is 2014.

This is linked to how EVAs are built and how they function. Ikari Gendo and his son are hugely relevant of course but...

No more spoilers on that, much as I would love to tease you.

My take on LCL is that it is mainly a medium through which the brain's signals may flow directly to the EVA, an interface.

What the pilot is interfacing with is also a spoiler so no more on that yet either

The engineering talk on lifting the buildings was cool. While the power might be possible I'm doubtful if the structures could be strong enough, unless, as you say, Mush, a new material we don't have in our real 2012 world is available in this sci-fi 2014 world.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.12.2012, 10:52 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
Or they have some darker, alternate scheme, and really the whole reason that the EVAs were designed this way is because Ikari Senior really did design the organization from the ground up for the sole purpose of tormenting his son. So far, this explains everything, including why the only other pilots are attractive females of his age.

Think about it.
So I guess we now also know the reason why Touji almost died? Because daddy wants his son to fall for Hikaru as well, huh?

Hmm, it's all coming together...

quote:
Either that, or they use counterweights.
*slaps head* Of course. Elevator system, I am SUCH an idiot for not thinking about that. But my god, that geosphere must be one helluva strong dome that it can hold all those millions of tons of buildings AND counterweights.

Oh, and mini trivia link: http://www.livestrong.com/article/27084-babies-breathe-womb/
http://video.about.com/asthma/How-Lungs-Function.htm

In order words, foetuses don't breathe. Ever. Also, blood cells absorb oxygen through pores in the bronchitis, so oxygen in liquid, what with the molecular attraction, will never escape the liquid for blood cells to absorb.

If such a liquid is to be successful, it must be able to do two things. One, have a weak enough molecular bond to allow oxygen to be absorbed by blood cells. Two, be able to absorb the waste material expended during the exhaling process.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.12.2012, 11:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We should have so done an anime club session on EVA. It would have been awesome.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.12.2012, 01:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Oh, and mini trivia link: http://www.livestrong.com/article/27084-babies-breathe-womb/
http://video.about.com/asthma/How-Lungs-Function.htm

In order words, foetuses don't breathe. Ever. Also, blood cells absorb oxygen through pores in the bronchitis, so oxygen in liquid, what with the molecular attraction, will never escape the liquid for blood cells to absorb.

If such a liquid is to be successful, it must be able to do two things. One, have a weak enough molecular bond to allow oxygen to be absorbed by blood cells. Two, be able to absorb the waste material expended during the exhaling process.

Really roar really

It is a fiction after all and there are numerous things that does not match science but you only got this lcl thing. LOL man.

Lets say LCL(hey wait LCL is also fictional is not it ...(googles it) yeah its fictional) will work on human body if it's properties are very close to air. The process should be the same as fish.

@Mush
oxygen is not a poisonous substance at all to anybody. basically what oxygen does is help to burn things up. now in cells in our body it burns food and we get energy and heat this heat has to be controlled in order to save cells( this is one of the main work of blood).When we get oxygen from air nitrogen saves us from taking too much oxygen and in cell blood cools it down.[fun part start here] in normal conditions(even in some extreme conditions) i do not think oxygen as a highly reactive material.( the examples that you gave have strong acidic or basic properties but oxygen in normal form(O2) does not show anything like that. Problem only happens when it is used with bad crook to do bad works. Its not oxygens fault his relationship just does not work. I know you know this all but i could not stop myself after seeing the poor innocent oxygen to be blamed. you should have mercy guys. Oxygen cant even talk for himself. everybody should get a chance for self defense.

Now counter weights sounds fascinating why dont we elaborate it a little more.

Watched upto episode 20. will watch the other within very short time.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.12.2012, 03:58 PM.

10.12.2012, 03:57 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

one important link

http://liuyi1.com/evafaq.html#question1

10.12.2012, 06:38 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's cool.

And I never knew there was an actual script that still exists for the original ending. That's a messed up scenario if it was real. Cool and engaging, but messed up. Typical NGE, heh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.13.2012, 10:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

completed

what the **** is wrong with the series makers

now please give me a list of all the episodes and movies

what i have got

21+Directors cut
22+Directors cut
23+Directors cut
24+Directors cut

plus

death and rebirth
end of evangelion1
end of evangelion2

plus

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone (movie) (alternate retelling)
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance (movie) (sequel)
Rebuild of Evangelion: 3.0 (movie) (sequel)
Rebuild of Evangelion: Final (movie) (sequel)

Now can anyone tell me how to serialize it

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.13.2012, 03:19 PM.

10.13.2012, 03:18 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

1-26 plus End of Evangelion (I do not know of an "End" 1 & 2, only the one movie.

===========

TV series episodes 1 to 26 is the complete story, you need nothing else. But...

===========

SPOILERS!!!!!!

SPOILERS !!!!!

However many fans were upset with the philosophical ending (I think the whole of Ep.26 occurs inside Shinji's head), so Anno made the movies to represent the 'real world' ending of the story.

"Death & Rebirth" is mostly a summary of the series taken from a different POV in some instances, while enjoyable to watch its not necessary to do so.

Everything else, all the stuff made afterwards I have not watched and don't intend to, its all cash-cow stuff made only to make money. You'd have to ask Roarkiller about it all but some of it is, I think a retelling of the whole story and other bits introduce new characters (there's another female pilot I think, a short-haired brunette), and various alternative tellings, and blah blah.

But in fact TV series episodes 1 to 26 is all you need.

You probbaly need to watch them all the way through at least twice, maybe 3 times though, then read some of the Evangelion fan websites that attempt to explain things!

10.13.2012, 04:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished the TV series.

That was interesting. It looks like they ran out of money, and the plot was halted.

But I enjoyed it anyway. More on that later.

EDIT

Yeah, so, good series. Now I see what you mean, Saddles, about Anno being depressed and drawing on that for the series. The latter half really comes across as a study on depression, and in retrospect, those themes were present in the first half too. It reminded me of Welcome to the NHK in that way (which I liked for the same reason, although maybe I'm in the minority on that one).

Although they clearly had to put the plot on hold for the finale, I think they did manage to deliver on the themes that they'd been building up to for the series. So to me, it is a conclusion, as long as what you're looking for is the resolution of Shinji's character conflicts and not "what happens next?".

Perhaps because I tend to become very depressed sometimes, a lot of this resonated with me quite strongly... Even the last two episodes. So, apologies in advance for talking about myself excessively. But it would be interesting to see if anyone sympathizes, because although I saw it coming through in NGE, I don't know whether it's a normal part of the human experience, or something peculiar.

Upwards of 90% of the conversations I have with other people take place entirely in my imagination. I tend to build up a mental model of the people that I meet, and I just imagine their responses to what I might say, and so out loud I end up saying hardly anything. That's possibly part of why I'm a very quiet person. I also have conversations (or maybe, interrogations) with myself in this way, because I don't always feel like I know myself that well... even my own desires or motivations or likes and dislikes. I guess that's what they call introspection? It was interesting to see the characters in NGE struggle through this process. It's not something that is often depicted so thoroughly.

When I'm feeling depressed, I have a strong urge to run away from commitments and responsibilities, even the ones that I chose for myself and am (most of the time) enjoying. I become seized by a compulsion to abandon any challenge and risk, and head for safety and security. I want to drop my classes. I want to quit school and move home. I want to cancel my appointments. I want to break up with my significant other. I want to quit my job. I want to call in sick and not meet up with friends for dinner. The next morning I might feel totally fine and back to normal, but for the duration of it I have a strong urge to run away and completely wipe out all of my past work and progress. Maybe that also comes from a fear of failure.

Another thing is that in that mindset, I tend to crave attention, approval, help, and sympathy. Like some authority to come and say "yes you're doing the right thing, keep at it, it's not a mistake". Or "it's okay to make mistakes, nobody's perfect". (I can say these things to myself, of course, but not with any authority). However, at the same time, I feel vulnerable and really don't want to be seen by anyone and so I don't actually seek attention. Shinji seems to struggle with this a lot. Asuka too, but nobody seems to care or helps her, which to me was the most depressing aspect of the whole series. I really didn't like her personality, but still, her fate really tugs at me.

Uh, well, that's enough consciousness-streaming for one day. I have half a mind to delete all of this before I post it, but since I went to all the effort of writing it...

-------
Back to the subject matter, I have some lingering questions. For example, if Rei was so expendable, why was Gendo so protective of her early on, rescuing her with his bare hands and such? Did that change after the dummy system was better developed?

Now I see why NERV needed the neural interface, and maybe the LCL too. That does explain a lot of things about their otherwise ridiculously impractical approach. (Not everything, but a lot).

Saviour, although I to some extent share your squeamishness, we'd better watch out. The living organism is an exquisite machine that artificial technology is very jealous of. As time goes on, I expect we will seek to emulate biology more, not less, and interface with living systems more intimately as well.

Post last edited by Mush on 10.14.2012, 10:27 PM.

10.13.2012, 10:04 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

@Mush

What you said about modeling people in mind and being quiet outside is i think a common practice in science people. Cause i have seen many people doing the same thing. I do the same but i do not keep quiet because i want match how much my imagination matches the realself of someone. Realself is something that we can not see from the behavior of a person but rather by living with him or having close relation with him. You see this is a very interesting subject for me , as a matter of fact you can see that i tend to ask everyone how they think about a particular thing. My main quest in this subject is why people think differently of the same thing even if they are given the same variables or the variables are constant[ i did not find any word from brain that could easily explain what i want to mean by the mathematical term variable]. So i think you should not think that your scenario matches with shinji rather should think that your scenario matches with people who thinks about how other people do stuff. Personal chitchat is Over lets get to the issue.

====================================================

Now Neon Genesis Evangelion is a messed up series what i can say from my perspective. The Series lost it's continuity when the director started to show random things. LET US categorize the total series

1. It is about a story after the devastating 2nd impact and stopping 3rd impact.
2. It is about a boy and two girls who have suffered from mental irregularities and somehow who became EVA pilots
3. It is about some adult people who are practically the reason for the second impact or were somehow related to it.
4. It is about the weird looking robot EVA who fight with another weird looking creature who are called angel.
5. It is about Psychological Analysis of different Characters in the series.

Now lets focus on point one. Was it answered clearly how and why second impact happened . Answer: NO. So stopping third impact is a laughable matter in that regard.

Point two.Did the series answered why the children suffered from mental irregularity. Ans: NO. More on the point many kids these days suffer from these kind of problems in life. They do not become like them. misato and asuka and shinji needed to be good child to survive in life. It was a wrong massage given. You do not need to be good, you will be good , it is your natural intention to be good. Being bad or the want or desire to be bad is not natural at all. It was also shown in Harry Potter where the tom riddle(voldemort) was shown to be evil from childhood ,it is absolutely wrong. And in the series (NGE) they also said they are tired of pretending. It is another bullshit. Writers (most of them are stupid) try to make us understand that we live in a world that has the illusion of peace. Peace is not a illusion it can be felt. How ? let me explain we need to eat right.It has not been changed in the history of mankind. So even now when we eat[ofcourse we have to be hungry] we feel good. How do you explain this feeling is it also a illusion. NOOOOOO. If we do not eat we will die and we will suffer pain. Peace can not be felt like hungriness does not mean peace is a illusion.It is a combination of many feelings. So we are not pretending we are just following some procedures to be happy[ and religious procedures are full-proof]. When someone says he is tired of following procedure i actually want to say him either become god or shut the **** up. So here is another Point of NGE Want of Man to become god. I will focus on this at the end of my post.

Point three. Did it answered why these people all on a sudden needed to do something like that. Ans : no.

Point four.Did it answered how the EVAs and Angels were made. What is their purpose(actually i started this thread with this question). Ans; NO

Point five. Could the series analyze why the characters behaved in that certain way. Ans: NO. its psychological analysis was not about the external behavior of characters but about realization of self existence of the characters. I find it great difficulty why unique individual identity is very very important to these people.[ it can definitely be said that Anno stole it from Mamoru Osshi . Watch Osshi's movies to understand that. EVA was telecast after osshi's GITS]. Also the problems faced by the characters was categorized as if they originated from the problems they had with their parents but the social aspects was completely forgotten.

At the last point. The final episode actually pointed out Man's wish to become god. Human instrumentality made it possible to do whatever you like within the system. so at the last moment Seiji was praised by everyone as he always wanted to be praised and all of his work rotated around getting praised by others.

So the series basically did not even answered one question fully.

End Line
It seemed a great series but the directors and everyone messed up so much, it is more like a anime edition of Pulp Fiction.

NB sorry for the long post

============================================================

Another thing outside the box. Depression is something happens when people do not believe in god(or their believe is not very fortified) . It is also possible to not have any depression if someone do not have greed to anything in life. People also sometimes mix tension and depression together. Both of the things happen to the people who are very greedy in life. They always ask the questions why i am doing this? what did i get in life? Why always this happens to me?What is the purpose of my life?

From my case i overcome these problems by thinking about Allah and believing in fate. Many things happened to me that you can not even imagine , overcoming those things was hard but believing in Allah and remembering the good things happened to me made me out of those problems. Now after facing problems again and again, i have grown a habit that whenever i face a problem i get less tensed than normal time. And i tend to smile(not like laughing hahaha) It may sound kind of psychotic behavior to you.but for this certain habit my friends believe in me in danger( faced one of them just last wednesday-thrursday i know you are bored already by my stupid talks so i am not telling it) .

@Mush
Actually all the engineering students except from the students of civil engineering section have risk to develop a certain thing that can be used to destroy humanity. nuclear bomb is already one and this bionic thingy is another. I do not know about you but i will always keep myself away from large scale Artificial Intelligence. I am studying in CSE and a programmer too. When i see the logic and algorithms in games for creating the AI of the imaginary enemy is alone to be afraid of. Now that the cloud has been introduced it is not ultimately hard to create a Skynet level AI.To do it only a large scale organization is needed.EVA is hard in today's tech but thats where bionic thing comes. Seeing What we can do by a simple computer, i find it very scary to think about what bionic computers can do. So the solution; Banning Bionic experiments and research. Human Cloning was banned in the same way. IF human cloning was not stopped then what was shown in NGE on Rei or in Star Wars would have been happening in today's world. Soldiers etc people would have been expandable. Just thinking about it gives me a heart attack.So Bionic research have to be stopped. I do not want my brain to be used in a computer.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.15.2012, 01:45 PM.

10.15.2012, 01:11 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

three important link

http://www.evamonkey.com/articles/clemen...by-an-angel.php

http://www.evamonkey.com/writings/

http://www.evamonkey.com/platinum-booklets/

10.15.2012, 06:33 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

1am, will answer those stuff later, but just wanna say that the latter half of the show was made when neither the director, staff nor investors were in any shape to even make an episode, let alone continue one.

Kinda amazing how big a success this "failure" turned out to be, lol

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.17.2012, 12:43 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 Was it answered clearly how and why second impact happened . Answer: NO. So stopping third impact is a laughable matter in that regard.
There are numerous works of fiction, both books and movies that do not give clear explanations and reasons for events. Many endings of Ghibli stories are left open for the viewer to make up his or her own interpretation. The fact that a reason is not given for something does not necessarily detract at all from a story.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 Point two.Did the series answered why the children suffered from mental irregularity. Ans: NO.
I don't agree at all. Many reasons were given for the mental abberations of the child-pilots. Asuka's childhood as well as Shinji's (and what there was of Rei's) were looked into at depth and length. These stories within stories all explain why the child-pilots act as they do.

As I said early in this thread, this anime is all about the characters, how they develop and why they do what they do. Gendo, Misato, Akagi, Ryuji, even minor characters such as Maya have depth. Just watching the scenes whey they are portrayed informs you about them.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 Point three. Did it answered why these people all on a sudden needed to do something like that. Ans : no.
Do something like what? Do the revealed stories of their lives up to the start of the main story not give you possible reasons for their actions?

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 Point four.Did it answered how the EVAs and Angels were made. What is their purpose(actually i started this thread with this question). Ans; NO
As I said at the beginning, this is actually not an anime about mechs and sci-fi, its about the characters and personality disorders and about overcoming depression. The science fiction part of the story isn't important. I don't think the why and wherefore of the angels is important. Part of the trouble with the series is that many viewers want a resolution to the sci-fi parts of the story and there isn't one, at least not in full depth. You have to accept NGE for what it is. Given that the director had recently come out of a near suicidal depression its remarkable that he was able to put forth such an eloquent and descriptive tale of his sufferings.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 Point five. Could the series analyze why the characters behaved in that certain way. Ans: NO.
I'm not sure I understand this point being any different from points 2 and 3.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 It can definitely be said that Anno stole it from Mamoru Osshi . Watch Osshi's movies to understand that.
I don't think it is fair to say Anno stole the idea. He may have been influenced by the concepts of self proposed in GITS but to me EVA deals with different themes, those of wanting to be accepted and loved, of having your worth recognised, by others and by ones-self, to want to belong - whether thats in a family unit or a relationship of another kind.

These are not issues that GITS addresses. GITS takes a more philosophical approach to the concept of where the identity of self resides.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012At the last point. The final episode actually pointed out Man's wish to become god. Human instrumentality made it possible to do whatever you like within the system. so at the last moment Seiji was praised by everyone as he always wanted to be praised and all of his work rotated around getting praised by others.
I never saw the human instrumentality project as a wish to become God. To me its another variant on the individual's needs to be loved and accepted. To not be rejected, in a way to become one with others.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012So the series basically did not even answered one question fully.
These questions are ones you yourself have raised and you require answers to them to make the series satisfy you, they are not questions the series must answer in order to be successful. You can watch the series on a lot of levels - as a simple fun sci-fi mech story among others. In my view several of your questions are answered fully and if they are not, that does not make the story a failure at all, in the same way that the unexplained endings of some Ghiblis don't detract from them.

Pulp Fiction wasn't messed up either. I had no issues understanding the different short stories and how they intertwined.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.18.2012, 12:15 PM.

10.18.2012, 12:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Guaporense
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.02.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Guaporense Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Neon Genesis Evangelion is possibly the single greatest work of art that was ever transmitted via the television series medium.

I cannot think of any TV series that I ever watched that compares to the emotional impact of NGE. Critically acclaimed TV series like The Sopranos and Battlestar Galactica, while great on their own way, pale in comparison to Evangelion, for some reason.

04.03.2013, 11:49 PM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hi Guaporense, great to see another NGE fan here!

Not sure I'd even reference Battlestar Galactica in the same post as NGE at all!

04.04.2013, 01:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Guaporense
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.02.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Guaporense Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In terms of science fiction TV shows it is on it's own league.

Though I haven't watched many other science fiction anime series, I know Planetes, which is a nice series.

But in terms of american science fiction TV series, I think that most of these are quite weak series, mostly episodic in structure.

04.05.2013, 01:03 PM Guaporense is offline   Profile for Guaporense Add Guaporense to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

read the whole thread again[yeah i am in vacation so got time]

found many interesting things

07.24.2013, 02:26 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks