QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - That's amazing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » That's amazing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, Time??? Since I'm retired I seem to have nothing but time... A great deal of my time in taken up by the historical research in my area of California that I do.

09.02.2018, 03:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Halloween!

http://ghibli-collector.tumblr.com/post/...t-cafe-in-tokyo

11.01.2018, 05:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cool costumes... lol

11.01.2018, 10:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

The coordination in this display is remarkable...

Read the paragraph below FIRST before you watch the video (& turn-on speakers)

There is an awesome dance, called the Thousand-Hand Guanyin, which is making the rounds across the net. Considering the tight coordination required, their accomplishment is nothing short of amazing, even if they were not all deaf.

Yes, you read correctly. All 63 of the dancers are complete deaf-mutes. Relying only on signals from trainers at the four corners of the stage, these extraordinary dancers deliver a visual spectacle that is at once intricate and stirring. Its first major international debut was in Athens at the closing ceremonies for the 2004 Paralympics.

Http://www.youtube.com/embed/7vs-H7xLnrs?rel=0

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.12.2019, 01:27 AM.

02.12.2019, 01:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nice. reminds me this:

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

02.19.2019, 06:13 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm not seeing anything?

02.20.2019, 01:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Leaving these gems here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh8eb_ACLl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lokpohoCyF8

The second one is done by Manna Dey, a legendary bengali singer, singing in Hindi. I think he nailed it. It is not him in the video.

My question is how did the guys know about the song. However these people did go to US and UK for doing concerts. There was hardly any kind of media to see it. They must have heard it in radio. @Husky have you heard the original one when it was released?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.23.2019, 01:34 PM.

03.23.2019, 01:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

saviour!!! You are asking a lot of my memory... You are talking almost 60 years ago... lol I do know that it was an immediate hit nationwide and we all were dancing the 'Twist'. It changed the style of dance for all us young people... I would have been 15 in 1961 and most definitely affected by Checker's music... If I didn't hear his original presentation, I most certainly heard the recordings over and over and over again... Thanks for the memories... The Bengali version was a bit hars to follow at times...

03.24.2019, 12:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
saviour!!! You are asking a lot of my memory... You are talking almost 60 years ago... lol I do know that it was an immediate hit nationwide and we all were dancing the 'Twist'. It changed the style of dance for all us young people... I would have been 15 in 1961 and most definitely affected by Checker's music... If I didn't hear his original presentation, I most certainly heard the recordings over and over and over again... Thanks for the memories... The Bengali version was a bit hars to follow at times...

Thank you for your reply. Yeah i agree the tone of the Hindi one is higher. I think that's mostly because of poor recording equipment. These songs haven't been remastered. Like the chubby checker was remastered. I heard this song many times in commercial specially the saxophone part. Just heard the original last week. Man music was so cool back then.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.24.2019, 06:18 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012

Thank you for your reply. Yeah i agree the tone of the Hindi one is higher. I think that's mostly because of poor recording equipment. These songs haven't been remastered. Like the chubby checker was remastered. I heard this song many times in commercial specially the saxophone part. Just heard the original last week. Man music was so cool back then.

I will say this that I liked slower dances like a waltz best. I enjoyed the closeness of the slower dances, myself. Not necessarily a hugging kind of closeness, but a hand to hand closeness...

03.26.2019, 02:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
a hand to hand closeness...

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

03.26.2019, 09:27 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

03.26.2019, 10:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

oh poor old husky, after I took the time to help you with youtube links on this forum last year, you still act as if you never learned about them. savior up there gae up on this and just duplicates links for you. TL;DR hint hint click the smiley

03.27.2019, 12:36 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

not sure if really amazing but these next to a 100 of anime-themed desktop backgrounds are worth checking out. sample:

05.14.2019, 09:39 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

This woman's dexterity is totally amazing

https://youtu.be/69DjP09sZU0

05.22.2019, 12:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

just to bump the thread, have some chinese posters for spirited away

12.22.2019, 06:15 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

01.20.2020, 10:09 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Looks like when San and one of the Wolf cubs are looking towards Ashitaka while he is rescuing the pack-train herdsman...

01.20.2020, 03:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Apple made a Anime AD

https://youtu.be/V85CQzsyvj4

03.02.2020, 11:56 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recommending some amazing viewing for those of us stuck inside and seeking entertainment. Cirque de Soleil has uploaded several hour-long shows; they're breathtaking, beautiful, exciting... A great reminder of just how incredible the human body and mind is.

https://www.youtube.com/user/cirquedusoleil/videos

Cirque de Soleil, if you're not familiar, is probably the world's biggest and most famous circus.

My Anime List

04.20.2020, 03:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks