QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post Photos of Your Ghibli Collection
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Post Photos of Your Ghibli Collection » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
shadedpain4
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.15.12
  Post Photos of Your Ghibli CollectionPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shadedpain4 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I did a search and i could not find one of these threads. Anyone interested in posting pics of their Ghibli collections? Could be anything: DVD/Blu-rays, posters, books, plush, other...

Anyone interested in starting?

10.22.2012, 02:02 AM shadedpain4 is offline   Profile for shadedpain4 Add shadedpain4 to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here are some pics. of my ghibli collection.

Nausicaä Collectors ed. (Japan)

Princess Mononoke Collectors ed. (France)

Howl's moving castle (Korea)

Collectors ed. from Australia

10.22.2012, 11:02 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dvd's from USA UK and Japan (some of them, are early Miyazaki works, but are part of the Studio Ghibli collection)

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 10.22.2012, 11:08 AM.

10.22.2012, 11:04 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Blu-ray from Japan, USA and UK

Soundtracks

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 10.22.2012, 11:10 AM.

10.22.2012, 11:05 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Art Books.

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 10.22.2012, 11:11 AM.

10.22.2012, 11:06 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 10.22.2012, 11:12 AM.

10.22.2012, 11:07 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am speechless

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.22.2012, 11:11 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Heidi's soft toy Totoro goes over to Skovgaard and respectfully asks "Genki desuka"? While Skovgaard talks with Totoro, Heidi's soft toy Chibi totoro and Susuwatari steal the Ghibli collection*

Post last edited by Heidi80 on 10.23.2012, 07:13 AM.

10.23.2012, 07:13 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80
*Heidi's soft toy Totoro goes over to Skovgaard and respectfully asks "Genki desuka"? While Skovgaard talks with Totoro, Heidi's soft toy Chibi totoro and Susuwatari steal the Ghibli collection*

*then heidi's soft toys come to heidi's house and falls asleep,after inspecting the collection Heidi falls asleep too but he forgets to turn off his computer, at the time when the night splits in half saviour's ninja hacks into heidi's computer then it sends signal to all the electronics to turn into transformers and then orders them to carefully pack the ghibli collection and send them to Saviour's address by FedEx*

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.23.2012, 09:46 AM.

10.23.2012, 09:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
magicant
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by magicant Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Those BluRay editions are absolutely beautiful. The simple white art on each cover really captures each film beautifully. Was that set released in North America, Skovgaard?

Also, that Atlantis poster is pretty cool. I never knew that film had merchandise!

10.24.2012, 11:17 PM magicant is offline   Profile for magicant Add magicant to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Skovgaard

I have read the book 'hayao Miyazaki, master of animation, it's extremely interesting and good fun to read!

10.25.2012, 05:59 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by magicant
Those BluRay editions are absolutely beautiful. The simple white art on each cover really captures each film beautifully. Was that set released in North America, Skovgaard?

No, they are from Japan, and are with a English dub (most of them) and subtitles (all of them).

You can get most of them as Hong Kong editions, but without the English dub.

Kiki's delivery service and Only yesterday, comes out in December.

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 10.26.2012, 05:51 PM.

10.26.2012, 08:20 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I will eventually gather up my collection and post them, but I must admit that with the original older ones being so hard to find I have a lot of the 'other' issues. I get them to see the film and add the originals when and where I can find them. That is how I did it with Ponya, Arriety and now Poppy Hill. I will watch Poppy Hill a couple more times and then post my impression, When it comes out here in the States, I will watch it in the theaters and get a Ghibli copy for my collection. I loan out the 'other' copies, but not my originals...

I, too, have the Miyazaki "Master of Animation" book, among others...

10.26.2012, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyako
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.01.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Skovgaard I impressed with your Ghibli collection!

05.06.2013, 08:49 AM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
Miyako
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ups,I apologise!
Skovgaard I am impressed with your Ghibli collection!

05.06.2013, 08:54 AM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyako, it is better to edit your post rather than doubling. No problem... We all still love you, lol...

An exception to this might be if you are posting a couple of days after your original post.

All that said, I have to agree with your assessment of Skovgard's collection...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.06.2013, 12:06 PM.

05.06.2013, 12:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyako
Tanuki

OK!
PS:Lol!

05.06.2013, 04:35 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Skovgaaard, what's the CD in the bottom right hand corner of the soundtrack photo? It's the cream-white one with blue writing. I collect Ghibli CDs myself, and haven't seen it before. Going by the Japanese writing, is it From Up on Poppy Hill?

I have the Poppy Hill OST, but it doesn't look like that. Very intrigued!

05.09.2013, 01:08 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

From what I can see in my Order History from cdJapan, it's named,

"Aoi Teshima / Sayonara no Natsu - Kokurikozaka kara"

It came out some time before the soundtrack, and it's 4 songs from From up on Poppy hill, by Aoi Teshima, and I believe It's sold out.

05.09.2013, 03:20 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh awesome, I assume I have all of those songs on the regular OST, but will have to check it out! I really like the minimalist cover art.

I'll take a picture of my collection sometime, I have a few of the symphony albums which I'd really recommend!

05.09.2013, 04:42 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks