QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What do you do when you have had a bad day?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What do you do when you have had a bad day? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  What do you do when you have had a bad day?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bad days.. We all have them at some point, ether the be frequently or the odd occasion every now and then.
Personally my bad days are triggered by events that either have significant emotional links, Oor sudden news that relay a large amount of shock.
Ether it be a money problem, perhaps somebody I know has had a unfortunate predicament, or maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

Either way bad days are always received with much dread, The point of this thread being: What often causes you to have a bad day? And what do you do about it?
I'm not asking for a day in the past that caused much emotional pain, or days where something you would rather keep to yourself happened and how you solved it. What I am basically asking is what things generally result in a bad day for you and how you get around it? Feel free to discuss this topic, And if you do have a story *Though may I please say that if you would rather keep that story to yourself that you do* to share then feel free to.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 02.13.2013, 08:34 PM.

02.13.2013, 08:33 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For me bad days usually result in something upsetting me a lot. Bad days are usually sad days, depressed days for me - not so much angry. Like i might feel awful after getting tests results, someone saying something bad about me, realizing that something is happening to me or i did something very wrong.

I usually solve it by getting a block of dark chocolate, and going straight to my room when i get home so i can be left alone.

I usually don't feel very hungry on bad days, so i wont eat much except some of the chocolate. I also go to bed early. A thing i also do a lot is watch ghibli movies too! Usually ponyo, kikis, porco, only yesterday or graves.

Post last edited by Calforsale on 02.14.2013, 08:40 AM.

02.14.2013, 08:37 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rough it out.

I don't show my anger, but everyone knows I can put on one helluva sour face.And good luck trying to get ten words out of me.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.15.2013, 07:06 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Typically I do not have a bad day.
When they appear they are either from my family(like illness of my parents) or studies(poor grades). So a bad day is actually like a day of worry to me.

On those days I either go to mosque or roam around in night. And do not want to meet with people(this happens when the results come out.lol)

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

02.16.2013, 04:21 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I may as well post how my bad days go seeing as I think I haven't yet.
I have frequent bad days that vary massively in significance, one such day may see me feeling a bit low whereas on the other end of the scale I may be violently angry and defensive about anything I say do or think.

Usually if its pretty bad I will go into a state of silence to try and keep my emotions at bay, most people can tell when I do the latter of which and I do it to keep myself in what I like to think of as a safe state.
If it isn't too serious I'll go about the day as usual, mostly consisting of computer and thinking, since I don't have many if any contacts I don't really have many people I will go see and talk to so I spend my time on the computer.

However if I am having a seriously bad day, I'll make a big song and dance about it. Dont ask why Its just the way I respond to the situation at hand, I am the sort of person who crumbles under pressure.

As for sorting out my bad day, music and lots of it tends to help me. Maybe the odd film or a quick nip onto a game of specific interest to try and throw off the miserableness that oh so often finds its way into my life.

02.25.2013, 09:11 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A bad day for me.... hmmmm... Don't happen too often nowadays, but I want to be left alone whenever it has happened in the past, just leave me be. Maybe I'll just go to bed and try to sleep and deal with the problem when I wake up...

My top-of-the-line WORST bad day that I can remember is when I was in the ammunition-handling room on my ship in 1966-67... It was a hot, tropical, middle of the ocean day and I was down in the handling room trying to get some work done and this other guy kept needling me about something. I don't even remember what it was about now. He kept it up and kept it up and I just stopped work and sat down on one of the little step stools, just hefting a 10-pound fuse wrench in my hands and suddenly I whited out! The next thing I remember is the other guy rushing up the ladder to the main deck yelling something... I came out of the white-out to see him climbng out and I suddenly felt weak from the adrenalin let-down...

Prior to that I remember walking towards him, holding the wrench over my shoulder, ready to swing, not seeing a thing but white. Yet I knew where he was and was going to bash him in the head. I remember hearing the words "kill him, kill him, KILL HIM" shrieking through my head while walking towards him, rising in volume until it was just a loud scream in my head...

He told me later that he was just joking around and then felt the hairs on his neck prickle and turned around and there I was, right behind him, getting ready to swing the wrench. He cut and ran for the ladder. He refused to work alone with me from that day forward... I don't know why-y-y-y-y-y... lol

Since then, knowing that I have the capacity to kill if provoked enough, I have never since lost my temper that badly even when struggling with someone while working as a security guard or being shot at... When one young man tried to run me down in a parking lot with his car, I pulled him out from behind the steering wheel, breaking his seatbelt at the time, and chewed him out a bit then told him to get leave and never come back to that bowling alley again. I never saw him again. He was showing off to his girl and buddies...

I think that this is one of the reasons that I prefer to be left alone if having a bad day. I don't think I've even told my kids about this happening...

But I am a mellow fellow now, heh heh heh.... >

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.28.2013, 06:12 PM.

02.28.2013, 06:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Usually it leads to anger, which is a trait I get from my father. It doesn't end well, for the time I don't think, then I regret it.

Numerous times it ends in a fight, one of the times I was in Science, I was in a fairly good mood it was Science, all my friends were in my class so it was always fun.

This kid that I knew, we played football with each other but not close mates. He started bullying one of my best mates, and my friend would just take it. I was getting really angry with the kid. He then started hitting my friend, with crutches that he had taken from another kid in my class as he was sitting down.

I asked him to stop, he refused as he said he was only having a laugh. I just got up and punched him in the face, I grabbed him, rammed his head into a filing cabinet and just continuously hit him. My teach dragged me out, but my shoe has fallen off so it was rather awkward creeping through to get my shoe.

I have had many fights since then, this was 2 years ago. I had, had many fights before as well. I haven't been so bad in the past 8 months. This is due to my Girlfriend, she seems to have the magic touch. She seems to be able to calm me down.

I have crappy days when I feel like rubbish, I just go to my room get a class of milk with a straw, some crisps and sweets and crack out a good film. I think most would agree, your room is a haven it can help you so much having one.

07.14.2013, 03:28 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

since I retired I don't seem to have many bad days,
but if I do then I take my greyhounds PIP & PEBBLES for
a walk by the river that puts my world back on an even
keel.
regards J

07.13.2014, 04:44 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have bad days a lot mostly due to potential mood disorders (recently was talking to a friend about one of his disorders and found out my paranoia fits well into it as well as several other things, so I'm just really happy now that that might potentially be what I have and that it's not that abnormal). I can be pretty happy at work some days, but the littlest comment will make me cry. I can't help it beyond trying to give myself some pep talks. lol

I usually vent to my boyfriend or close friends on days that are particularly bad (or just if I'm having a problem with something). It makes it easier to talk it through and see that my thoughts aren't totally irrational on most days. It's also nice to just have the support.

A lot of the time I will sit for hours on end with my ear buds in and listen to music. I'm trying to fix a couple things, like my inability to be clean outside of the work space (I'm meticulously clean and organized, but when it comes to schoolwork and the general state of my room and/or apartment, I can barely do the dishes). My boyfriend helps me with cleaning and cooking and gets me to do it with him. Being home though is a different ball park. My parents don't understand and then yell at me for not taking a water bottle upstairs. lol That just causes me to get more irritable and upset.

I also find just getting out, finding something even mildly fun to do like maybe go to a cafe or something or to buy ice cream, helps a lot. Being cooped up inside isn't good for me, it's pretty detrimental. Being at home makes it hard because my parents hardly want to leave the house and I live in the middle of nowhere with no friends for miles. So it's a lot easier to control when I'm living on my own. Plus, I like my own independence.

Walks are also great. My university town was pretty much designed for walking everywhere. Like I said, just being able to get out is great for me.

@Spidey I get what you mean about rooms being a haven! Sadly, I've never had that. My parents always intruded into my room (but leave my sister be). And I don't feel at home in my own apartment due to my roommate and never wanting to be home when she's there. My room at home is pretty much makeshift and I sleep on an air mattress in a tiny room with pretty much only a dresser. lol

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.13.2014, 08:05 AM.

07.13.2014, 08:02 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Susuwatarii
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.20.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Susuwatarii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I'm having a bad day I text with my friend/call her, or watch a movie, drink tea or read, or just cuddle with my cats.

07.25.2014, 02:03 PM Susuwatarii is offline   Profile for Susuwatarii Add Susuwatarii to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I notice that dogs and cats are mentioned as stress relievers. For me it is being around horses!!! I love the sight, feel, strength and even the smell of them... It is so nice to connect with them. Unfortunately, I don't have any myself,,,sigh

07.25.2014, 02:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sleep. Go outside into nature. Run. Eat good food. Cry. Listen to music. Talk to a good friend.

Oh, also, watch comedic TV shows or movies.

07.25.2014, 03:33 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Seiji Amasawa
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have found if I have a bad day I learn from what I may or may not have done wrong and analyse it for a bit. After that I completely put it out of my head, in the end nothing you can do about it as it’s in the past. Life is a lot better when you don't worry about stuff you can’t change. Coming from a military background you learn to have thick skin. If you have trouble letting go think of it this way and see the world for what it is, a big playground enjoy it every day!

08.04.2014, 03:24 AM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks