QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - ALL ghibli movies..
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » ALL ghibli movies.. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.05.13
  ALL ghibli movies..Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by me_lonelyboy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

does anyone know how to get a collection of ghibli movies?
i have seen some of them but want see all..

03.05.2013, 05:07 PM me_lonelyboy is offline   Profile for me_lonelyboy Add me_lonelyboy to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's a lot of good stuff on ebay and amazon. Most sets are missing From up on Kokoriko/Poppy Hill, though.

03.05.2013, 09:21 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Most people buy individual DVDs though.

If you do online shopping, be aware that there are a LOT of bootleg/pirated copies there. Obviously they won't tell you that it's a bootleg.

Here's an example of bootleg being passed as an original.

There is no way whatsoever any good legal company will squeeze 23 movies into 6 DVDs; the loss in quality is unimaginable.

Of course some sets are local-exclusive, so they may be legit despite how they look. The best is to buy from reputable sellers like Amazon, or your local video shop.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.06.2013, 02:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd only recommend buying online if its a trusted site.
There are several shops like HMV who have sections on Anime that usually includes Ghibli, I'm not sure if HMV's has outlets in other country's other than Britain so sorry if my advice is a little vague.

03.06.2013, 08:58 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Most people buy individual DVDs though.

If you do online shopping, be aware that there are a LOT of bootleg/pirated copies there. Obviously they won't tell you that it's a bootleg.

Here's an example of bootleg being passed as an original.

There is no way whatsoever any good legal company will squeeze 23 movies into 6 DVDs; the loss in quality is unimaginable.

Of course some sets are local-exclusive, so they may be legit despite how they look. The best is to buy from reputable sellers like Amazon, or your local video shop.

I think I would still buy this if I got it here in Finnland (I don't buy stuff online). There are many of the pre Studio Ghibli-stuff that I'd really want to see.

03.07.2013, 09:37 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli have only ever released ONE official box set, which was back in 2004 -

http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/id...e-to-order.html

It was a Chinese release/region 3 set that contained 11 Ghibli films (the only ones made at the time). I can 100% promise you that any other box sets you come across are illegal pirate copies.

I'm not sure where you're based, but our R2 Ghibli Dvds in the UK are numbered on the spine, which makes them look like a pretty neat set when they're all lined up.

Hope that helps!

03.25.2013, 04:05 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ~OneSummersDay~
Ghibli have only ever released ONE official box set, which was back in 2004 -

Actually, there are two official sets. I can't remember what region or what it looks like, but there's another set besides the R3 version.

Nanashi or someone else once posted about it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.25.2013, 10:30 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd be interested to see it if you can ever find a link!

03.26.2013, 12:03 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks