QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Links between Ghibli movies
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Links between Ghibli movies Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.22.13
  Links between Ghibli moviesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by lilydeacon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Post connections/links found within the movies. eg. ☆ Totoro on bed at start of 'Kiki's Delivery Service' ☆What looks like Kiki hanging on desk in 'Whisper of the Heart'

03.22.2013, 11:21 PM lilydeacon is offline   Profile for lilydeacon Add lilydeacon to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sure we had a thread like this ages ago... I wonder if someone can find it?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.23.2013, 06:52 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If I remember correctly, there are loads of Ghibli characters flying across the sky (Kiki, Totoro, Porco/Marco etc) during the scene in Pom Poko where the tanuki spook the people.

03.23.2013, 09:59 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There are Fox squirrels from Nausicaa in Laputa Castle in the Sky.

@Saddletank
Yeah I think there was actually thinking about it.

03.23.2013, 12:39 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've just been watching Howls Moving Castle and Madam Solomon's servants have a strange resemblance to Haku..

Perhaps they recycled design elements into the servants.. any guess is as good as mine.

04.07.2013, 09:07 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"So I'm reading the Nausicaa manga, right? And I stumble upon this. The beaver-fuzzball creature in the 4th box (left to right) was also shown in Laputa?"
Posted in the Random Thoughts thread because it was a random thought. Guess it belongs here, though...

04.07.2013, 09:39 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks