QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli on Vinyl?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli on Vinyl? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Ghibli on Vinyl?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know if the Studio Ghibli soundtracks were ever released on vinyl?

04.22.2013, 11:57 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not that I know of, although I could be wrong... It seems to me that we were into tape cartridges and cassettes, etc, well before Ghibli soundtracks would have been put on LPs...

Laputa in '86 and Nausicaa in '84 would of been the earliest films.

04.22.2013, 01:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After some in depth research I found the Nausicaa Best Collection!:

http://ghiblicon.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/...-wind-best.html

It doesn't seem likely that they released many more though, if any...the CD made its first appearance in 1983, according to Wiki, so it would have made sense for them to go straight to disk format. I just love the charm of an old LP sometimes, and the enlarged cover art

04.22.2013, 03:15 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks