QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli cakes
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli cakes » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.06.13
  Ghibli cakesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kumquattie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone

I'm new here, but I'm a huge Ghibli fan, ESPECIALLY Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke.

But that's not the point.

I bake as a hobby, and one person I've been making birthday cakes for the last couple of years loves the movies as well. I'm so pleased with this year's cake that I wanted to share it with other fans:

This one is from last year:

Totoro is made with cream cheese frosting, so he's a little...gooey looking and was a challenge to make. Jiji is made from rice krispie treats and covered in black fondant.

My sister is trying to convince me to make an Ohmu cake next, tendrils and all, but I think that would be terrifying. Thoughts?

05.06.2013, 04:58 PM kumquattie is offline   Profile for kumquattie Add kumquattie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From what I've seen, I thnk that you will find a way...

They look great!!!

Welcome to the Tavern, kumquattie, Welcome...

We are looking forward to many other tasty posts from you... lol

05.06.2013, 06:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow! I'm really impressed! I've seen quite a few ghibli cakes on the net and i've always wanted to try. I really like the gigi one! so good!!!!!!

05.07.2013, 04:45 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
wow! I'm really impressed! I've seen quite a few ghibli cakes on the net and i've always wanted to try. I really like the gigi one! so good!!!!!!

Who's gigi?

But yeah, the Jiji cake looks excellent.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.08.2013, 06:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heh, Jiji looks kind of chocked. Like if he knew he'd be eaten soon.

05.08.2013, 06:59 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fantastic cakes! I can see the Jiji one is from the end of the movie as he isn't talking. That was clever of you to do that.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.08.2013, 01:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Amazing! You're so talented.

05.09.2013, 12:57 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks