QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Official Kaze Tachinu( The Wind Rises) News Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Official Kaze Tachinu( The Wind Rises) News Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Alas, I was forced to participate in a karaoke contest today! I wonder if I can go see it tomorrow? It's mainly just a matter of getting someone to go see it with me, someone who knows, for example, where any theaters are in Kochi.

07.19.2013, 05:03 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Will be a while before this comes to the UK, I am rather annoyed. There should be more Cinema's showing Ghibli films. Even if it's just a few a month, it would be great.

I know one in London does, but local cinema's should as well.

07.19.2013, 06:09 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
Alas, I was forced to participate in a karaoke contest today! I wonder if I can go see it tomorrow? It's mainly just a matter of getting someone to go see it with me, someone who knows, for example, where any theaters are in Kochi.

you need a guide right?well i think there should be enough ghibli fans in your school within staff or students.
however there is a list in the official site you can check that for theater names.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.19.2013, 06:24 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It looks like I won't be able to catch the movie today, but I should be able to see it next weekend. At which point I will definitely try to review the film to the best of my abilities, considering I won't be able to understand half of it.

07.21.2013, 03:42 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
It looks like I won't be able to catch the movie today, but I should be able to see it next weekend. At which point I will definitely try to review the film to the best of my abilities, considering I won't be able to understand half of it.

Go orphic GO

Go orphic GO

it will be easier to write a review if you record all the audio in your mobile with airplane mode on.

one early review

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013...s/#.UewuWKzcPNt

there is only two reviews in imdb so hurry so that you can post it there. but first post it here

Go orphic GO

Go orphic GO

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.21.2013, 03:05 PM.

07.21.2013, 03:00 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
New extended trailer. It looks great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGsmR_jbQhk

What a fantastic looking film, there's some incredible animation in there and the colours seem to be so much richer than Miyazaki usually uses. This film looks wonderful, with a rich and complex story - we seem to be getting much more of a look at a historical Japan than anime usually offers.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.21.2013, 03:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
New extended trailer. It looks great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGsmR_jbQhk

What a fantastic looking film, there's some incredible animation in there and the colours seem to be so much richer than Miyazaki usually uses. This film looks wonderful, with a rich and complex story - we seem to be getting much more of a look at a historical Japan than anime usually offers.

yopu can have a even better look here HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5dB_9dW2SQ

07.21.2013, 03:07 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tuberculosis is my guess.

I'm curious about the crashed aircraft laid out to examine it. AFAIK this was never done before the mid-1950s and the British Comet crashes. Either Miyazaki is being devious here or the Japanese used these techniques 20 years before the west discovered them.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.21.2013, 03:19 PM.

07.21.2013, 03:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Tuberculosis is my guess.

I'm curious about the crashed aircraft laid out to examine it. AFAIK this was never done before the mid-1950s and the British Comet crashes. Either Miyazaki is being devious here or the Japanese used these techniques 20 years before the west discovered them.

tuberculosis?????

the later para was interesting
so we might know some new facts about japan,huh.

07.21.2013, 06:03 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
tuberculosis?????

I guess he was guessing about the blooding girl scene. And, yes, right guess

07.21.2013, 08:23 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And the same day Miyazaki is in the news for his pacifist stance, opposing (together with Takahata and others from Ghibli) some constitution reform that (it seems) would be a more open to the eventuality of war... the same day, the first user review of Kaza Tachinu at IMDB deplores his glorification of a war plane designer...

I'm not in the position of taking sides, but this looks interesting:
http://japanfocus.org/events/view/189

Post last edited by leonbloy on 07.21.2013, 09:30 PM.

07.21.2013, 09:27 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought the point of a movie review is to review the movie, not the morals of the story. It's like saying the Fast and Furious series and Ocean's Eleven series are horrible because they glorify crime, totally ignoring the story, plot and character development.

I don't have an account in IMDB, but I do so feel that someone needs to shoot that guy down.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.22.2013, 12:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know yet whether my comments will be approved for posting or not yet, but I did say something in my own review of the movie from my views of the trailers and pre-release info given out.

We'll see...

07.22.2013, 01:38 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

@roar and husky

give me links

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.22.2013, 03:22 AM.

07.22.2013, 03:18 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

IMDB is showing 0 reviews. Was that first one taken down?

There's still deep and ugly wounds in Japanese society over the war years and pre-war years. The conservatives are in denial about much of it, just as the German political far right is in denial about some of what the nazis did in Germany. I am sure that Miyazaki chose to create this film at this time for very deliberate reasons. I don't doubt that there's political timing behind this.

We were only a day or two back being critical of "cute" anime for having a bad influence on Japanese youth; let's hope that political anime has a good influence.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.22.2013, 08:22 AM.

07.22.2013, 08:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Oh weird, must have been. It was definitely there earlier today. I'm guessing the guy who wrote it must have removed it, since there was nothing about the review itself that would have merited removal. It was well-written and thoughtful. I was looking forward to rereading the review after seeing the movie.

07.22.2013, 08:18 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Oh weird, must have been. It was definitely there earlier today. I'm guessing the guy who wrote it must have removed it, since there was nothing about the review itself that would have merited removal. It was well-written and thoughtful. I was looking forward to rereading the review after seeing the movie.

you copied it somewhere??

however here is another review

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/07/review-miy...omber-work.html

edit:
hey would someone explain muyazaki hayao and hayao miyazaki thingy. my newspaper wrote miyazaki hayao. what? look in the comment section of that review.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.22.2013, 09:40 AM.

07.22.2013, 09:36 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.imdb.com/list/HXZrmuFYnzk/

This is the link to the Ghibli imbd site..

I just checked and yes the review is gone and mine is pending or something like that...

Sorry, Orphic...
===================================

@savior...
The only difference that I can see is when the name is given in the Japanese style or the Western style.
Western style is given name then the family name.

Japanese style is Family name then the given name.

Is this what you meant?

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.22.2013, 10:21 AM.

07.22.2013, 10:20 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

i have a request

can anyone here search and post what Japanese reviewers have said about the film

07.23.2013, 04:11 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I should think 95% of them are writing in Japanese so I wouldn't know a review if I was actually looking at it.

07.24.2013, 06:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks