QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Our Official Facebook Group
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Our Official Facebook Group » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry, saviour, I only repeated it because I was a little dumbfounded. lol I fixed it now.

12.17.2016, 02:03 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Why in the heck would you call saviour that? Wtf?

No particular reason, just the three word name that popped up in my head, when he asked to replace his real name.

quote:
If you dont mind delete it again.
Sure, here's another three words name. Alternatively, you can have aron deleting the post entirely, if you absolutely can't take it.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

12.17.2016, 07:10 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Why in the heck would you call saviour that? Wtf?

No particular reason, just the three word name that popped up in my head, when he asked to replace his real name.

quote:
If you dont mind delete it again.
Sure, here's another three words name. Alternatively, you can have aron deleting the post entirely, if you absolutely can't take it.

Trolling is not a good habit. You absolutely lost my respect.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.17.2016, 07:22 AM.

12.17.2016, 07:17 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

rewhat?

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

12.17.2016, 10:12 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohhh so clever of you to think that anybody who has a problem with you being a pain in the ass in every thread and doing your best to bother everyone MUST have some special connection to an admin to get anything they want.

Or maybe you think you can get anything YOU want by suggesting that about everyone else. I'm struggling to believe your apology before was genuine, now that you're bringing it up as some big PROBLEM for you. And you don't really have to post in this thread if you aren't interested, BUT I suppose if you have to always be as annoying as you possibly can, then maybe you've got no other choice.

12.17.2016, 12:23 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I always thought that the purpose of the Tavern was for those of us who love Ghibli films to chat and share, with others who share the same feeling, our thoughts about the films and our other likes, lives and whatever we have, amicably...

12.17.2016, 01:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is... or was. Recently things have gone downhill

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.17.2016, 07:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seems like I've missed some stuff going on here...

12.19.2016, 04:04 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

quote:
your apology before was genuine
my what?

04.15.2017, 03:46 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I finally actually joined the group, after forgetting for so long. I hadn't realised it's as active as it is!

12.02.2018, 06:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
So I finally actually joined the group, after forgetting for so long. I hadn't realised it's as active as it is!

Yup. A lot of new members join each day. and a lot of spammers try. So i have set some hard questions for them so they at least need to google.

Would you mind if i make you an admin? As you are the admin here its only fitting. ( our previous admin roar is also admin there )

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.02.2018, 12:12 PM.

12.02.2018, 12:09 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I joined today as well.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.02.2018, 09:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
Would you mind if i make you an admin? As you are the admin here its only fitting. ( our previous admin roar is also admin there )

If you think it's a good idea, then that's fine with me.

12.03.2018, 04:32 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Was a teeny bit disappointed to find out that Roarkiller is active on the FB group but never comes here any more

There also seem to be tons of members of the FB group who are not members of the Tavern. I suppose the age of web forums is past.

12.03.2018, 08:55 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

one of people who posts in that group blocked me, although I never joined the group, so it must have been somewhere else on fb. such a small world

12.03.2018, 08:57 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
There also seem to be tons of members of the FB group who are not members of the Tavern. I suppose the age of web forums is past.

I noticed the same thing. I was surprised that it would be easy to just find the group without going through here. Anyway, I suppose it is what it is. I'm not active on any other forums myself, and most that I did use have become inactive in favour of other platforms.

I think I'll post in there about anything happening here though.

12.03.2018, 08:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Reddit has taken a lot of traffic from 'traditional' forums as well. The r/ghibli subreddit is pretty active.

My Anime List

12.03.2018, 11:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I think Reddit has taken a lot of traffic from 'traditional' forums as well. The r/ghibli subreddit is pretty active.

Never heard of that one... I seldom go to the fb Ghibli page because it was always my understanding that it was for contact with other members if this site was down for any length of time, as it had been in the past a time or two...That way we could find out if we were the only user that wasn't able to log on or find out from others if they possibly knew what was happening and why...

edit: spelling

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.03.2018, 06:10 PM.

12.03.2018, 06:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

I personally like tavern more than the fb group. I always used it like a backup and specially in the beginning of this thread you can see the purpose is clearly defined. It only became active sometimes around this year when the FB changed something. Still most of the new members are from fake accounts. Thus the hard questions.

Anyone is welcome. Currently i don't allow fake accounts and do some fake accounts cleanup time to time. So should be safe for all as long as you don't want to stay anonymous. That's the only downside and why many hesitate to join.

I think It is nice to be at least part of it. Then at least you know how to contact to someone if needed. Tavern is more like a family to me after six years being here. So i want to cling to my friends albeit in the virtual world. I like my fellow Taverners quite a bit so I want to be in touch even if the Tavern is shut down. Quite a bit to ask on a online virtual forum but the choice is ultimately for each one to decide for themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------
@arren as you don't have any objections making you an admin.

12.06.2018, 02:40 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I was just... so very disappointed to see Roarkiller over there very active but never posting here. He claims not enough time, but he clearly has time for the FB group which is just supposed to be a back-up to the Tavern.

12.06.2018, 04:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks