QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Concert - Dying to see
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Concert - Dying to see » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.02.09
  Ghibli Concert - Dying to seePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reecetard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone have any information about a touring orchestra who perform Ghibli concerts? I live in Beijing, they were here last year I think but I didn't have the chance to go. I hope they return to China, I would kill to see them!

Been listening to Joe Hisaishi's live concert recording all day. It's just pure bliss.

Does Joe Hisaishi himself do international tours?

Any info would be much appreciated

~ No matter how many weapons you may have ~
~ No matter how great your technology may be ~
~ The world cannot live without love ~

07.18.2013, 01:44 AM reecetard is offline   Profile for reecetard Add reecetard to your buddy list Homepage of reecetard
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure about live tours, but 'Joe Hisaishi in Budokan' is a great DVD to get if you love his stuff - something like 2.5 hours of concert from all of the films.

It's the next best thing to seeing him live for me as I live in the UK, haha! I actually check his website a lot, but he never goes further than China for touring - so it's worth you taking a look

07.18.2013, 02:37 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
reecetard
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reecetard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks a bunch! Yes, I've been listening to his Budokan concert all day.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more China visits

~ No matter how many weapons you may have ~
~ No matter how great your technology may be ~
~ The world cannot live without love ~

07.18.2013, 05:28 AM reecetard is offline   Profile for reecetard Add reecetard to your buddy list Homepage of reecetard
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really wish to see it live too.

07.19.2013, 04:33 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks